Reload this Page >

Job opportunity in South Australia

Job opportunity in South Australia

Old Feb 21st 2010, 3:29 am
Forum Regular

arch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Job opportunity in South Australia

Hi friends,

How is the job scenario in South Australia now. I am an Architect and trying to find a job in Adelaide. But no positive replies till date. I will be visiting Adelaide in April.

Can anyone suggest me how to get through a job being outside Oz.

Arch
Old Feb 21st 2010, 6:48 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Job opportunity in South Australia

Originally Posted by arch
Hi friends,

How is the job scenario in South Australia now. I am an Architect and trying to find a job in Adelaide. But no positive replies till date. I will be visiting Adelaide in April.

Arch
Start by working on your English grammar.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

hereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond repute

Hi friends,

Arch
Hello

I notice you haven't made many posts, so I presume you're fairly new to Expats. Sadly, you will have to get used to posts like the above, but on the whole you will find most people here are very helpful.

Getting work in a country when you live outside that country can often be difficult, and posters have reported this problem in the US, Canada and Australia. I would suggest you telephone a few relevant firms before your visit and try and get an informal look around during your time in Adelaide.

South Australia, I believe, has the lowest unemployment in Australia, so you never know your luck.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

arch is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you hereandthere for your sincere reply. Reply posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus doesn't matter to me really. Maybe he/she doesn't know how and what to reply. It barely matters anyways.

According to you, guess that's the reason not many companies are giving me the positive reply. Yes I will meet the company's personally and get the review.

Thank you very much once again.

Arch.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 8:38 am
BE Enthusiast

hereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you hereandthere for your sincere reply. Reply posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus doesn't matter to me really. Maybe he/she doesn't know how and what to reply. It barely matters anyways.

According to you, guess that's the reason not many companies are giving me the positive reply. Yes I will meet the company's personally and get the review.

Arch.
No worries. What they're looking for really, you see, is an Australian address and of course the right to work.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 9:34 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by hereandthere
Hello

I notice you haven't made many posts, so I presume you're fairly new to Expats. Sadly, you will have to get used to posts like the above, but on the whole you will find most people here are very helpful.

Getting work in a country when you live outside that country can often be difficult, and posters have reported this problem in the US, Canada and Australia. I would suggest you telephone a few relevant firms before your visit and try and get an informal look around during your time in Adelaide.

South Australia, I believe, has the lowest unemployment in Australia, so you never know your luck.

Arch.
You two can shoot your mouths off as much as you like, but if you seriously think statements like "Can anyone suggest me how to get through a job being outside Oz" is going to get your resume/CV further than the nearest dustbin then you are both misguided.

If "Can anyone suggest me how to get through a job being outside Oz" is a true reflection of your standard of English then you have no hope of an architects job in Australia.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

parlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really niceparlex is just really nice

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
You two can shoot your mouths off as much as you like, but if you seriously think statements like "Can anyone suggest me how to get through a job being outside Oz" is going to get your resume/CV further than the nearest dustbin then you are both misguided.

If "Can anyone suggest me how to get through a job being outside Oz" is a true reflection of your standard of English then you have no hope of an architects job in Australia.
You don't need to speak good english to get a job unless you wanna become a english teacher! If you pass your test you should be fine. Some people think they are clever just because by luck they were born in some english speaking country. Remember you can get extra points for being able to speak a second language. Good luck.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 12:38 pm
Adelaide Bound

Seacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of light

Hi friends,

Arch
Hi,

Might be worth posting on Poms in Adelaide. May get some suggestions there.

http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/
Old Feb 21st 2010, 12:45 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by parlex
You don't need to speak good english to get a job unless you wanna become a english teacher! If you pass your test you should be fine. Some people think they are clever just because by luck they were born in some english speaking country. Remember you can get extra points for being able to speak a second language. Good luck.
I respectfully disagree. If you have a customer-facing job, low vocabulary and grammar like what we see above is a sure way to kill the deal. Unless you only use your second language to deal with your customers.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

hussain_2206 has a spectacular aura abouthussain_2206 has a spectacular aura abouthussain_2206 has a spectacular aura about

Hi friends,

Arch
Hi Arch I am also moving adelaide in June and in the same boat.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 1:34 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hussain_2206
Hi Arch I am also moving adelaide in June and in the same boat.
Plenty of Taxi driving work ...............mm
Old Feb 21st 2010, 7:19 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by parlex
I don't think I'm "clever" just because I'm lucky enough to have been born in the UK.... I do think that if you are trying to obtain employment while still overseas that your chances of doing so are poor... and that if the written English you are capable of is poor as well, then your chances are effectively zero.