Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

job opportunity,s carpenters /joiners.

job opportunity,s carpenters /joiners.

Old Mar 14th 2004, 4:23 pm
Just Joined

chippie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default job opportunity,s carpenters /joiners.

going down state nomination route to victoria (melbourne).has anybody any information on construction,housebuilding or shopfitting companys in the victoria area as i would like to email my cv to them and get some feed back on jobs & wages . someone kindly sent me a list of agents to contact but i would like to know my possible earnings annually.
One of the reasons for emigrating is to loose the mortgage and have quality time with the kids (ie surfing golf) is this possible or as someone put it same sh** different bucket.
we also like adelaide south australia they also are state nominating but on the skills list do not require chippys at this moment if a job opportunity arise could this be an option.
Old Mar 15th 2004, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

COSTY is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I am awaiting my defacto visa at the moment.We are going to Melbourne hopefully in April.Partner is an ozzy chippy..he checks
regularly with mates and he reckons going rate at the moment with your own tools is approx 30-40 dollars per hour. He reckons
they work you twice as hard though!!I will speak to him and let
you know if he has any contacts for you.

Costy
Old Mar 15th 2004, 4:24 pm
Just Joined

chippie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by COSTY
Hi

I am awaiting my defacto visa at the moment.We are going to Melbourne hopefully in April.Partner is an ozzy chippy..he checks
regularly with mates and he reckons going rate at the moment with your own tools is approx 30-40 dollars per hour. He reckons
they work you twice as hard though!!I will speak to him and let
you know if he has any contacts for you.

Costy
Thanks mate,
any information greatly appreciate,