Reload this Page >

Job offer in South Australia

Job offer in South Australia

Old Sep 1st 2006, 10:56 pm
Just Joined

scotlassy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2 years today

hi guys, this is the first time for me.

We've just found out that my husband has been offered a job in south Australia starting 4th Dec.

Scary, exciting stuff but the reality is finally setting in.

Should we let or sell our house?

Will we have enough money to live on after paying for visa's, medicals, flights etc and could i afford not to work?

I wondered if anyone could advise me please?
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 5:51 am
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scotlassy

We've just found out that my husband has been offered a job in south Australia starting 4th Dec.

Will we have enough money to live on after paying for visa's, medicals, flights etc and could i afford not to work?

Hi there scotlassy, and welcome to BE.

congratualtions with the job offer. The best suggstion first of all would be to look around in the Australia forum, and search for anything you cant seem to find straight away.

All of your questions have been discussed on many occasions, and because you need to know so much, I would take it step by step.

selling up and buying in Oz or renting out, and renting in Oz is a big point of discussion. Look firstly at the type of visa being offered (probalby a 457 if hubby has received a job offer) this is not a permanant visa ! so it does have a few pro's and con's. you can read all about that in the Australian immigration forum. have a real good look around, and i'm sure you can find everything you need.

good luck.
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 7:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, as already mentioned, you really need to assess your personal circumstances to see what you can/can't afford to do.

Read the following thread, especially post number 15 if you are coming on a 457 visa - http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=391044

You'll get an idea of house prices from www.realestate.com.au

Wendy
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 7:40 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

where r u from and where r u hoping to go?