job offer

Old Feb 4th 2014, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

callum1205 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default job offer

Hi folks,
I have been offered a job in Kalgoorlie which I have accepted and signed contract. I am in the UK but still to hand in my 30 days notice.
The reasons are my wife and son will have to stay in the UK until house sells etc. And possible loneliness in Kalgoorlie.
My plan is to stay in this job until my family are ready to move and then I could try for a job in Perth. I dont want the family in Perth.
Any thoughts folks
Thanks
Old Feb 4th 2014, 9:39 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: job offer

What type of visa do you have?
Old Feb 4th 2014, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

Permanent Residency Visa
Old Feb 5th 2014, 2:03 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Kal is ok, but wouldnt be somewhere i would want to live.

You need to be aware housing and things can be very expensive.
Old Feb 5th 2014, 5:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by callum1205
Hi folks,
I have been offered a job in Kalgoorlie which I have accepted and signed contract. I am in the UK but still to hand in my 30 days notice.
The reasons are my wife and son will have to stay in the UK until house sells etc. And possible loneliness in Kalgoorlie.
My plan is to stay in this job until my family are ready to move and then I could try for a job in Perth. I dont want the family in Perth.
Any thoughts folks
Thanks
Why do your wife and son need to stay in the UK until the house sells? They could come with you? Or what if it sells in a month, would you leave this job and find another in Perth after a month?

I don't really know where you are going with this plan. But I always do think best to keep the family together and move together if at all feasible.
Old Feb 5th 2014, 7:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Rent the house and all move together IMHO. If you're going to Kal you might need a fall back plan, it's not everyone's taste.
Old Feb 5th 2014, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for opinions folks, really appreciate them.
I would like my son to finish his school year here till the summer
Old Feb 5th 2014, 7:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for opinions folks, really appreciate them.
I would like my son to finish his school year here till the summer
Is it an important year? Otherwise why would it matter? I would have thought the starting date for Australian school would be more important than finishing date in UK.

But, anyway it is your life and your plan, so what kind of input are you looking for?
Old Feb 5th 2014, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

I dont see the point of taking my son to a kalgoorlie school when its no going to be where will will settle and house needs to sell here as well.
That would mean taking him to kal then I get another job and move school again when I get a job in perth
Old Feb 5th 2014, 7:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I dont see the point of taking my son to a kalgoorlie school when its no going to be where will will settle and house needs to sell here as well.
That would mean taking him to kal then I get another job and move school again when I get a job in perth
So why take yourself to Kalgoorlie? Why not just wait and move to Perth together? This is what I mean, I just don't get your plan..

Or to be honest, I don't get what you are looking for? What is your question if you have already made up your mind?
Old Feb 5th 2014, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

I really want a job to go to and this job came up out of blue
Old Feb 5th 2014, 11:27 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I really want a job to go to and this job came up out of blue
Hi Callum. Congrats on the job. I don't have any experience of the scenario you're thinking of, but I can see a couple of things that might make it a bit uncertain/unwieldy. First is selling the house, you can't really plan for when it will sell so if your wife and son are staying in the UK until you are able to find employment in Perth, they'll probably have to move (I'm assuming to a rental), and then move again.

The other uncertainty is when you will be able to get a job in Perth. If you haven't already talked about it (and I'm sure you have!), you and your wife would need to work out how long you'd both be happy to be apart, your financial ability to run two households etc. It would be fantastic if it all came together at the same time, house sold, new job, end of UK term, but life isn't usually as obliging as that!

I hope all that doesn't sound too negative, it's not meant to be, just pointing out a few things that I'd want straight in my own mind before making the move. Wishing you the best of luck