Reload this Page >

Job Market in Australia for working holiday visa

Job Market in Australia for working holiday visa

Old Mar 26th 2013, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

ethnicstar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Job Market in Australia for working holiday visa

Hello everybody,

Me and my Girlfriend are looking to come Australia hopefully end of the year with a Working-Holiday Visa, I was just wondering to see what the Job Market is like we both have retail experience, and also Degrees mine is in Computing and her's is in Public Relations so any feedback would be appreciated.

Thank You
Old Mar 27th 2013, 2:40 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job Market in Australia for working holiday visa

Originally Posted by ethnicstar
Hello everybody,

Me and my Girlfriend are looking to come Australia hopefully end of the year with a Working-Holiday Visa, I was just wondering to see what the Job Market is like we both have retail experience, and also Degrees mine is in Computing and her's is in Public Relations so any feedback would be appreciated.

Thank You
Hi ES. I have a few friends whose young relatives have done the WHV thing, they didn't seem to have any trouble in Perth picking up casual work in shops, bars, restaurants, fruit picking and the like. I think it would be more difficult if you want casual work in your professions. SEEK is a great web site to see what sort of work is around. You'll no doubt already be aware of this, but if you plan to apply for a 2nd year on a WHV you'll need to complete 3 months in a regional area during your first year. Not as onerous as it may look, for example, all of South Australia qualifies as regional for this visa's purposes.

Have fun planning your adventure and good luck!
Old Mar 27th 2013, 5:00 am
BE Enthusiast

canadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond repute

Agree with the above post, I have friends and family who are on WHV and none of them have had any trouble finding work, in Perth, Darwin, Sydney, Melbourne and QLD. And their work ranges from the typical fruit picking to office jobs or career related jobs.

WHV is a huge party of the economy, you won't have a problem.

Good luck and have fun! Don't forget doing 3 months regional work will get you a second year on the visa :-)
Old Mar 27th 2013, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

ethnicstar is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank You Both for your feedback, Ideally it would be nice to get a job in my Field but I don't mind working in other sectors.