Reload this Page >

Job Hunting Success in NZ

Job Hunting Success in NZ

Old Aug 23rd 2002, 4:31 am
Forum Regular

p__sullivan is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Job Hunting Success in NZ

Hi Everyone
Well we made it last and have been in sunny NZ since Sunday. It has been a mad few days what with opening bank accounts, hiring a car and sorting out an IRD number. Just when we thought that we could relax a bit and enjoy the Kapiti Coast my partner goes and secures permanent full time employment near Christchurch and the madness begins again. We have to pack and move all our stuff as well as reorganise our belongings already on route to Wellington and get them to Christchurch. Indications so far are that employment for teachers is abundant as it is the main recruiting season for starting in January.

Now we contact our immigration consultant and get the PR ball rolling.

Anyone any advice on medicals?

Good luck everyone

Paul
Old Aug 23rd 2002, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Smokey is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Job Hunting Success in NZ

Hi Paul,
The medical won't be so bad. I'd say don't get wound up about it or your blood pressure will go through the roof and allarm bells will ring!!!! (just kidding). Have a look att he form, it'll tell you mostly what they're going to do and you have no major worries now I trust. just don't worry and you'll be fine.

Have you got to Christchurch yet??? We're looking to become students in january at the Uni and could really do with some insider advice about the city.
best of luck,
Pat.

Originally posted by p__sullivan:
Hi Everyone
Well we made it last and have been in sunny NZ since Sunday. It has been a mad few days what with opening bank accounts, hiring a car and sorting out an IRD number. Just when we thought that we could relax a bit and enjoy the Kapiti Coast my partner goes and secures permanent full time employment near Christchurch and the madness begins again. We have to pack and move all our stuff as well as reorganise our belongings already on route to Wellington and get them to Christchurch. Indications so far are that employment for teachers is abundant as it is the main recruiting season for starting in January.

Now we contact our immigration consultant and get the PR ball rolling.

Good luck everyone

Paul
Old Aug 23rd 2002, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

lizzie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by p__sullivan:

Paul
Hi Paul

Great news about the job!! We just heard today that we are to be given the work deferral visa in order to get the extra points for PR. Heading to Christchurch in about 8 weeks, flights willing. We've had medicals etc, just to let you know not to worry, if I passed then most people will, my BMI was 30!! (bit of a porker apparently), my blood pressure was up on the day cos of the stress of getting me, partner and 3 kids to Manchester and I have varicose veins (been some posts on here lately about them and medicals!!) - so relax, you've done the hard work already.

All the best,

Lizzie
Old Aug 23rd 2002, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

p__sullivan is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the advice!!

We've been checking the BMI scores as well... i'm sure these things lie! i'm not overweight.. just well apportioned .

Pat ...we haven't got to christchurch yet... getting the night ferry tonight.. and we'll be based south of christchurch, so i'll have to commute into there when i sort out a job. So as soon as we find out any info we'll send it to you.

Lizzie... i can't imagine the fun you had taking the family for a day out in manchester (we've been living there for 9 yrs and its not my idea of a family day out).

If you want any local info or want a coffee when you get here, just chuck us an email

cheers

Paul & Samantha
Old Aug 24th 2002, 5:30 am
Ian Guy

DIY the forms - you don't need an agent (unless you have strange/unusual
circumstances, e.g. children overseas and an ex-wife chasing money!!)

"Smokey" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi Paul, The medical won't be so bad. I'd say don't get wound up about it or your
    > blood pressure will go through the roof and allarm bells will ring!!!! (just
    > kidding). Have a look att he form, it'll tell you mostly what they're going to do
    > and you have no major worries now I trust. just don't worry and you'll be fine.
    > Have you got to Christchurch yet??? We're looking to become students in january
    > at the Uni and could really do with some insider advice about the city. best of
    > luck, Pat.
    > Originally posted by p__sullivan:
    > > Hi Everyone Well we made it last and have been in sunny NZ since Sunday. It has
    > > been a mad few days what with opening bank accounts, hiring a car and sorting out
    > > an IRD number. Just when we thought that we could relax a bit and enjoy the
    > > Kapiti Coast my partner goes and secures permanent full time employment near
    > > Christchurch and the madness begins again. We have to pack and move all our stuff
    > > as well as reorganise our belongings already on route to Wellington and get them
    > > to Christchurch. Indications so far are that employment for teachers is abundant
    > > as it is the main recruiting season for starting in January.
    > >
    > > Now we contact our immigration consultant and get the PR ball rolling.
    > >
    > > Anyone any advice on medicals?
    > >
    > > Good luck everyone
    > >
    > Paul
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com