job help

Old Aug 3rd 2015, 1:30 pm
Just Joined

tracey42 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile job help

Hi everyone, I'm new to forums so sorry if this question has been asked already. I am looking for some help on being a phlebotomist in Australia. I have been a phlebotomist for 9 years and was wondering if anyone new if I would have to re-train and if I would be able to get work sponsorship as a phlebotomist. I do no I would have to be trained in paediatric/neo-natal bloods but where I work you have to be trained and working in paediatrics before you can take there bloods. Any help/information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance
Old Aug 4th 2015, 2:47 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: job help

To be eligible for a visa, you need an occupation on one of the two lists known as SOL and CSOL.
https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/...ons-lists/CSOL

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/...ions-lists/SOL

I am afraid I can not see your occupation on either.
Old Aug 4th 2015, 7:53 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by verystormy
To be eligible for a visa, you need an occupation on one of the two lists known as SOL and CSOL.
https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/...ons-lists/CSOL

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/...ions-lists/SOL

I am afraid I can not see your occupation on either.
Hi and thanks for your reply, my job is on the CSOL website, in australia it comes under pathology collectors. With my job being on the CSOL website would this make me eligible to apply for a visa then? Thanks for the website links
Old Aug 4th 2015, 4:42 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tracey42
Hi and thanks for your reply, my job is on the CSOL website, in australia it comes under pathology collectors. With my job being on the CSOL website would this make me eligible to apply for a visa then? Thanks for the website links
You'd need to look at the requirements for getting your particular skill assessed.
Old Aug 5th 2015, 1:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You'd need to look at the requirements for getting your particular skill assessed.
Hiya thanks for your reply, I got the assessing authority details when i was looking for my job on the shortage list. The only problem I can foresee is the phlebotomist (pathology collectors) do work that I have not done in years because phlebotomists don't do them here. We also don't work in theatre, not sure if a possible employer would be willing to train me . Im thinking of phoning a hospital and speaking to someone in charge just to get their opinion on whether I would be considered more so because I would be looking for employee sponsorship. Thanks again
Old Aug 5th 2015, 2:07 pm
Just Joined

just wondering if anyone can help me with this question, ive been looking through old messages and found one from as far back as 2008/09 from someone who was a phlebotomist looking to move to australia. with the thread now being closed, is there anyway I could contact them and ask if they managed to move out to Oz as a phlebotomist and see if they could give me any advice . Thanks
Old Aug 5th 2015, 2:35 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

just wondering if anyone can help me with this question, ive been looking through old messages and found one from as far back as 2008/09 from someone who was a phlebotomist looking to move to australia. with the thread now being closed, is there anyway I could contact them and ask if they managed to move out to Oz as a phlebotomist and see if they could give me any advice . Thanks
If they're an active member, you can just click on their user name and check when they last posted on BE. If they're still around, you can send them a private message if they've enabled private messaging. You need to enable private messaging as well, on your profile page.
Old Aug 5th 2015, 3:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
If they're an active member, you can just click on their user name and check when they last posted on BE. If they're still around, you can send them a private message if they've enabled private messaging. You need to enable private messaging as well, on your profile page.
Thank you, i'll have a look see what i can do. Thanks again
Old Aug 26th 2015, 12:45 am
Coventry to Caloundra....

joeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone, I'm new to forums so sorry if this question has been asked already. I am looking for some help on being a phlebotomist in Australia. I have been a phlebotomist for 9 years and was wondering if anyone new if I would have to re-train and if I would be able to get work sponsorship as a phlebotomist. I do no I would have to be trained in paediatric/neo-natal bloods but where I work you have to be trained and working in paediatrics before you can take there bloods. Any help/information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance
Hi Tracey - have you seen this?:
https://www.aims.org.au/services/aim...logy-collector
Old Aug 26th 2015, 4:23 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by joeyballantyne
Thank You. I will get my information sent to them. Thanks again