A job to go to?

Old Jan 31st 2009, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

Sunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to all
Default A job to go to?

Do most people sort out employment before they emigrate to Australia? I think I would be too scared to go without knowing that there was a job waiting with a salary we could afford to live on.

Is it difficult to get employment when still in Britain? For those of you who have done it, did you have to go to Australia for an interview, or was it done over the telephone?
Old Jan 31st 2009, 10:39 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A job to go to?

Originally Posted by Sunshine7
Do most people sort out employment before they emigrate to Australia? I think I would be too scared to go without knowing that there was a job waiting with a salary we could afford to live on.

Is it difficult to get employment when still in Britain? For those of you who have done it, did you have to go to Australia for an interview, or was it done over the telephone?
You will probably have a hard time getting a job if you're not in the country unless your skill is in very high demand. Especially if your trade/skill requires licensing in the state you're planning on emigrating to.
Old Jan 31st 2009, 11:20 pm
Gone Walkabout

aussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really nice

I agree, unless you have a serious job offer then you would have to be living here as any prospective employer would want to interview you face to face. They will not even consider you for a position unless they felt you where serious, They don't want to waste their time interviewing people who are first and foremost are not even living in the country...I know I wouldn't...
Old Jan 31st 2009, 11:50 pm
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

With the current economic situation I think firms will employ people who are already here and seeking employemnt rather than someone who is not yet in the country, who could take weeks to get themselves sorted out and arrive. Always with the possibility of them getting cold feet and just changing their minds.
Old Feb 1st 2009, 2:48 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

As the others have said, it is difficult to get a job before you get here. I applied for a few and had a couple of telephone interviews but ultimately came here winging it - no house, no job, etc!