Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Job agencies in Aus

Job agencies in Aus

Old Jul 8th 2008, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

Perthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant future
Default Re: Job agencies in Aus

Originally Posted by midgetjan
I worked for CITB in Scotland as a training adviser, overseeing construction trade apprenticeships.

I also taught computing part time at college, but my qualifications aren't recognised here.

I've even been knocked back for clerical roles here.

Had an interview with the government for an apprenticeship support officer on Wednesday but didn't get the job - another setback.

One guy even told me that they "have men here who do that kind of work"
It might be different because of your special qualification but I have no problems finding an office/clerical job in Perth. Almost every recruitment agency I applied for had something for me. Which one did you try?
For office jobs, especially at the Government, I can recommend Gel Group and Integritty Staffing. Have a look on seek. They got lot's of temping jobs you can start with immediately.
I also had very good experience with Porter Consulting and Drake and Hudson, especially for permanent jobs.
Don't give up and good luck.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 7:25 am

oliver1982 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Job agencies in Aus

I've found several times that the easiest way to get a job is to take a temp role from an agency and then worm your way in that way.

Then the employer can find out if you are actually any good, grow to love you and hire you without paying the HUGE agency fees (if they are sneaky about it).