Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Job advice please

Job advice please

Old Dec 18th 2005, 9:06 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Job advice please

....by profession I'm a Mental Health Nurse - but want a complete break from that.
Trouble is that all the work experience I've had is nursing.

What the hell can I do that doesn't involve further prior training.

Everything I look at says...experience essential - and I'm fed-up with it ! How are you supposed to get experience if they don't give you the work ??

All I want is a bit of money...and to do something.

All suggestions welcome

Cas
Old Dec 18th 2005, 10:09 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job advice please

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
....by profession I'm a Mental Health Nurse - but want a complete break from that.

Everything I look at says...experience essential - and I'm fed-up with it ! How are you supposed to get experience if they don't give you the work ??

All suggestions welcome

Cas
Think of all the admin/secretarial work you do in nursing. Counselling and risk management and all the people skills that you have. These are just a few. Nursing gives you a varied background that can be tuned into other employment. Just because there's no direct contact in that particular industry doesn't mean to say you've not got the skills.

You could turn your hand to a lot of things just got to get the wording right.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Dec 18th 2005, 10:14 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Stitch
Think of all the admin/secretarial work you do in nursing. Counselling and risk management and all the people skills that you have. These are just a few. Nursing gives you a varied background that can be tuned into other employment. Just because there's no direct contact in that particular industry doesn't mean to say you've not got the skills.

You could turn your hand to a lot of things just got to get the wording right.

Cheers

Ginny
Thanks Ginny That is what I've been thinking - if I can just get past the first hurdle of the application, I know I could prove myself.

Cas
Old Dec 18th 2005, 10:20 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Ginny That is what I've been thinking - if I can just get past the first hurdle of the application, I know I could prove myself.

Cas
Just take what they want in the application/job description and think of a scenario that this could loosely be applied to nursing. i.e. if your job entails purchasing/buyer type of scenario, then think about all the nagging you got about keeping costs down, rotating stock even if it is bandages it's still stock, negotiating with suppliers etc etc.

Hope this makes sense.

Cheers
Ginny
Old Dec 18th 2005, 10:27 am
Account Closed

Just take what they want in the application/job description and think of a scenario that this could loosely be applied to nursing. i.e. if your job entails purchasing/buyer type of scenario, then think about all the nagging you got about keeping costs down, rotating stock even if it is bandages it's still stock, negotiating with suppliers etc etc.

Hope this makes sense.

Cheers
Ginny
Thankyou again !
Thats a great way of looking at it.......just been looking at a travel agent job - they say no experience necessary as full training will be given....just an aptitude for sales/customer service; good communication skills; computer skills and well -travelled ......think I can fit the bill for all of that
Cas
Old Dec 18th 2005, 10:38 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Thankyou again !
Thats a great way of looking at it.......just been looking at a travel agent job - they say no experience necessary as full training will be given....just an aptitude for sales/customer service; good communication skills; computer skills and well -travelled ......think I can fit the bill for all of that
Cas
You'd be perfect. Go Girl!

Cheers

Ginny
Old Dec 18th 2005, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

KBREMBO is an unknown quantity at this point

All suggestions welcome

Cas

Medical sales pay top $$$$

Hard to get into bit being a nurse will help!!

Good Luck

KB
Old Dec 18th 2005, 12:07 pm
Account Closed

You'd be perfect. Go Girl!

Cheers

Ginny
I just sent an online application
Old Dec 18th 2005, 12:11 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Howsabout working on the land ?
Attached Thumbnails Job advice please-man-year3.jpg  
Old Dec 18th 2005, 12:13 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Pole dancer???..Or a topless barmaid?...
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bix
Howsabout working on the land ?

Do I look like that man ?
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ransi
Or a topless barmaid?...
I haven't the tits for that
Old Dec 18th 2005, 12:15 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

I do hand rearing if you want to get into shape
Old Dec 18th 2005, 12:16 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

tits are tits...
Old Dec 18th 2005, 12:18 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bix
I do hand rearing if you want to get into shape
they're tits...not orphan lambs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.