British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Joanna Szandrocha Sydney Australia looking to rent a studio in Sydney Australia. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/joanna-szandrocha-sydney-australia-looking-rent-studio-sydney-australia-546070/)

jflower Jun 30th 2008 2:49 pm

Joanna Szandrocha Sydney Australia looking to rent a studio in Sydney Australia.

I am looking to rent a studio in Sydney Australia. I have a limited budget. Can anyone give me some advice in terms of locations that are nice but not very expensive? Thanks!
Joanna Szandrocha Sydney Australia

Pollyana Jul 1st 2008 2:01 pm

Re: Joanna Szandrocha Sydney Australia looking to rent a studio in Sydney Australia.

Originally Posted by jflower (Post 6518919)
I am looking to rent a studio in Sydney Australia. I have a limited budget. Can anyone give me some advice in terms of locations that are nice but not very expensive? Thanks!

You've been looking for an apartment since this time last year - surely finding accommodation in Sydney isn't that hard?

Mikeyc Jul 2nd 2008 3:40 am

Re: Joanna Szandrocha Sydney Australia looking to rent a studio in Sydney Australia.

It depends what you consider expensive? And where about’s you want to live?

I live right in the CBD centre in a skyscraper about 4 years old, all mod cons, pool, gym etc – it’s only a studio and is $450 a week.

When I was looking for this place in the city, the average studio price I found was $400 - $460, and to be honest, I wouldn’t have let a dog live in some of the ones I seen for $400. If you go further out you can get a studio for about $250 – but most places in the suburbs are 1 or 2 beds and can range from $300 - $600 a week, depending on type and location.

The only problem with looking in the city centre is (and I don’t mean this in a racist way), if your not Asian it’s hard, because the majority of real estates in the CBD are Asian and only let to Asians, when I came into my building to ask if they had any rentals the Asian girl on the desk just said “no wentals”, as we where walking out the Aussie guy who worked there called us back and showed us 4 places in the building, we ended up taking one of them.

You might also want to look at sharing a place, can work out a lot cheaper and you could get right in the CBD.

Check out www.domain.com.au you can look at rentals and share places on there.

Good luck.

Mikey

spartacus Jul 2nd 2008 4:40 am

Originally Posted by jflower (Post 6518919)

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 6522827)
You've been looking for an apartment since this time last year - surely finding accommodation in Sydney isn't that hard?

You're right Pollyanna.

Theres a coded message hidden in there somewhere.