Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Jinibara, Burpengary, Narangba primarys any experiences?

Jinibara, Burpengary, Narangba primarys any experiences?

Old Nov 22nd 2007, 12:25 am
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold
Default Jinibara, Burpengary, Narangba primarys any experiences?

Hi,

Looking to moving to these school areas soon and we are trying to narrow down the school choices. If any one has any experiences of Jinibara State primary, Burpengary State Primary, Narangba Valley State Primary and Narangba Valley State High I would lvoe to hear them please.

Thanks for your time

Paula
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 1:15 am
Just Joined

Tori is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Jinibara, Burpengary, Narangba primarys any experiences?

Hi

My daughter goes to Narangba Valley,she joined in May this year and is in year 2.
We love the school as does she.Very impressed,so far so good! It is a new school,it opened 2 years ago.The principle is a lovely lady,very involved with the children.

I have also heard very good things about Jinibara school.

Don't know about Burpengary sorry.

They are very strict about the catchment areas so it will depend on which one your address falls under.

Hope that helps,let me know if you need anymore info

Vicky
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 7:26 am
Just Joined

Maverick is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Watt Dabney
Hi,

Looking to moving to these school areas soon and we are trying to narrow down the school choices. If any one has any experiences of Jinibara State primary, Burpengary State Primary, Narangba Valley State Primary and Narangba Valley State High I would lvoe to hear them please.

Thanks for your time

Paula
Hi
our daughter goes to Burpengary meadows state school,shes 10 years old and getting on well there,and theres no catchment on that school at the moment,
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 3:56 pm
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold

Thankyou so much for your replies, it always feels so much better to have someones 1st hand opinion.
I had heard on the grapevine that Narangba Valley Primary was a good school, I am aware of its catchment and rentals are few and far between in there. Jinibara seems to be coming a close 2nd and I have phoned them and they don't have a catchment so that sounds promising. Although I would like to be close to school, doing a lot of travelling at the mo.

Waved my hubby off this morning, he's got 3 weeks to find a rental before me kids & dog arrive, oh and he starts work on monday poor bugger!

Thanks again for the info, I may well call on your local knowledge again later.

Paula
Old Nov 30th 2007, 2:14 am
Forum Regular

Swooty will become famous soon enough

Visited Jinibara and Narangba Valley today, both very nice and very welcoming. Good facilities all round, Narangba Valley is a lot newer and has 680 students at the moment. Jinibara is 11 yrs old, but is well maintained and impressive. Im going to be happy to send my daughter to either of them.

They both said that as she is 5yrs old and only eligible to start Prep in January, because she has done 1 and a 1/2 yrs in the UK, they are will to advance her to yr one, which i am very happy about.

Good Luck.
Old Nov 30th 2007, 6:48 pm
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Originally Posted by Swooty
Visited Jinibara and Narangba Valley today, both very nice and very welcoming. Good facilities all round, Narangba Valley is a lot newer and has 680 students at the moment. Jinibara is 11 yrs old, but is well maintained and impressive. Im going to be happy to send my daughter to either of them.

They both said that as she is 5yrs old and only eligible to start Prep in January, because she has done 1 and a 1/2 yrs in the UK, they are will to advance her to yr one, which i am very happy about.

Good Luck.

Thankyou so much, hubby hasn't had time to view the schools yet other than from outside, and by the time we arrive thery are shut (17/12). So all input its useful. Jinibara is looking the most likely as a decent rental, in time, inzone for Narangba is doubtful.

Thanks again

Paula
Old Nov 30th 2007, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

Ianha77 is an unknown quantity at this point

My Daughter goes to Narangba Valley. She just is just finishing her prep year and starts Grade 1 next term. She loves it there. Facilities are 1st class and the teachers seem to be very good. Mrs Harris, the head, is very helpfull and tries to get involved in everything the kids are doing.

Ian....
Old Dec 1st 2007, 9:09 am
Just Joined

Tori is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Jinibara, Burpengary, Narangba primarys any experiences?

From chatting to people in and around Narangba.I would say that both Narangba Valley and jinibara have equally good reputations as does the original Narangba state primary just down the road.
So I wouldn't be too worried about which catchment area you fall into.
Old Dec 1st 2007, 9:20 am
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Thankyou so much for your input folks. Hubby has checked out a rental in wattle park Burpengary which looks promising and he is about to seriously persue one that has come up in Narangba as this is our 1st choice mostly cause it will mean the kids can walk to school.

Paula