Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Jim Bates No Mates

Jim Bates No Mates

Old Oct 6th 2005, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

robert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud of
Default Jim Bates No Mates

i moved to mornington in july with my mam and step dad. i am 17, is there any one similar age who lives near me? i want to go back home coz i am finding it hard here with no friends. am i on my own here, or is there anyone in the same situation as me. i am really bored out of my skull. a few of these is what i would like

Terri
Old Oct 6th 2005, 9:16 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Jim Bates No Mates

Hi Terri,

We have a boy in the same boat as you . I did try to get him to email you a little while ago but he was too shy!! Have you not met any new friends at school?
Old Oct 6th 2005, 8:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

robert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Vanessa
Hi Terri,

We have a boy in the same boat as you . I did try to get him to email you a little while ago but he was too shy!! Have you not met any new friends at school?
hi vanessai did go back to school but it was not for me. i am now looking for a job.where did you live in the uk. tell him to send me a email.
Old Oct 6th 2005, 8:34 pm

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by robert cowan
hi vanessai did go back to school but it was not for me. i am now looking for a job.where did you live in the uk. tell him to send me a email.
Hi Terri,

We lived in Farnborough in Kent but have been here for about 3 months. Dan is away at the moment Jackarooing in WA but will be back at Christmas time. He is loving it. Lots of work but also have a few in the evenings. It will be better once you find work. Have you thought about going to a TAFE college? They do lots of courses that cover all areas of trade.
Old Oct 6th 2005, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Vanessa
Hi Terri,

We lived in Farnborough in Kent but have been here for about 3 months. Dan is away at the moment Jackarooing in WA but will be back at Christmas time. He is loving it. Lots of work but also have a few in the evenings. It will be better once you find work. Have you thought about going to a TAFE college? They do lots of courses that cover all areas of trade.
i have applied to go in the navy, but that is going to take a while. my sister is coming to visit in november and i am thinking of going back with her and join the royal navy instead, at least i will have friends until i go in
Old Oct 6th 2005, 9:41 pm
kelly Slater...mmmmmm

Carkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really nice

Are there no clubs to join around where you are? Go play soccer or AFL or footie..always a good way to meet people.
Old Oct 6th 2005, 9:47 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robert cowan
i have applied to go in the navy, but that is going to take a while. my sister is coming to visit in november and i am thinking of going back with her and join the royal navy instead, at least i will have friends until i go in

Oh mate dont give up yet. I know its hard when you havent made friends but if you give it a chance it will work out.

chances are the friends you left behind in the UK have moved on and changed as you have.

Pluck up the courage to venture out on your own to places, be open to meeting new people.

When I started Uni the other week, I didnt know anyone and I know I am in the UK and its not quite the same, but I went into this cafe on my own and ordered brekkie.

This woman smiled at me and for a moment, I thought she was mad, but she was just being friendly.

Two weeks on and I have a few friends.

Sometimes, hard as it is, you have to take that first step on your own to meet people. Even if you feel stupid, smile at those that smile at you and its the first start of meeting people.

I hope you stick with it, get into the Aussie navy and you will have the experience of your life and then realise that life doesnt begin and end in the UK.

Good luck with everything.

Love Sam
Old Oct 6th 2005, 9:52 pm
kelly Slater...mmmmmm

Carkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really nice

Originally Posted by Professional Princess

get into the Aussie navy and you will have the experience of your life

That you will...my ex is ex-Aussie navy..the stories he told me...
Old Oct 6th 2005, 9:57 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carkedit
That you will...my ex is ex-Aussie navy..the stories he told me...

Ooh, the Village People's song has just come to mind.

I love a uniform.
Old Oct 6th 2005, 10:00 pm
kelly Slater...mmmmmm

Ooh, the Village People's song has just come to mind.

I love a uniform.

Yeah..those sexy whites the navy boys wear...shows off the butt just nicely
Old Oct 6th 2005, 10:07 pm

Yeah..those sexy whites the navy boys wear...shows off the butt just nicely

I know, I shall list my fav. uniforms in order and you must do the same.

1. Fireman

2. Navy

3. Soldier (army)

4. Policeman

5. Pilot.
Old Oct 6th 2005, 10:15 pm
kelly Slater...mmmmmm

I know, I shall list my fav. uniforms in order and you must do the same.

1. Fireman

2. Navy

3. Soldier (army)

4. Policeman

5. Pilot.

1. US marine corps...daaaamn....

2. Army

3. Fireman

4. Navy

5. Police
Old Oct 6th 2005, 10:16 pm

1. US marine corps...daaaamn....

2. Army

3. Fireman

4. Navy

5. Police

I do like a nice set of handcuffs.
Old Oct 6th 2005, 10:16 pm
kelly Slater...mmmmmm

saying that...they just HAVE to have the body to go with it though..big podgy bloke in uniform :scared: definite no no
Old Oct 6th 2005, 10:22 pm
kelly Slater...mmmmmm

actually..have to squeeze the airforce into that lot as well..maybe bump the police to 6th..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.