Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Jetstar now taking bookings

Wikiposts

Jetstar now taking bookings

Old Feb 24th 2004, 5:02 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jayr
I always think Melbourne when hot is like an oven, rather better than the sauna that is Brisvegas!
true today its hot with that hot breeze, feels like a fan oven!
like you say much better than a sauna though, depends if you like your heat wet or dry
Old Feb 24th 2004, 5:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

I always think Melbourne when hot is like an oven, rather better than the sauna that is Brisvegas!
Melbs had a very mild summer this year, lucky escape. Winters the trick in Melb, thats when every third number plate in Bris is from Victoria, escaping the cold. Always been a bit of a joke up here, the great Southern influx. Bris does do a superb winter.
Old Feb 24th 2004, 5:11 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dotty
Always been a bit of a joke up here, the great Southern influx. Bris does do a superb winter.

Isn't it VIC that has the number plate "Victoria - On the Move (to Brisbane)"?
Old Feb 24th 2004, 5:12 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Melbs had a very mild summer this year, lucky escape. Winters the trick in Melb, thats when every third number plate in Bris is from Victoria, escaping the cold. Always been a bit of a joke up here, the great Southern influx. Bris does do a superb winter.
Thats why we intend to visit in the july hols Dotty Thats when i'll be needing to fly (back) to Melb!!
We have had a few stinkin days, but all the locals tell me the weathers a lot milder than it was 30 years ago. I am also looking forward to winter, i like to see the change in seasons. I also want to go snowboarding
Old Feb 24th 2004, 5:13 pm
High in the Dandenongs

Isn't it VIC that has the number plate "Victoria - On the Move (to Brisbane)"?
mine has "VICORIA - THE PLACE TO BE"
Old Feb 24th 2004, 5:13 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Back to JET****, they don't even do a BNE-SYD flight! I'd have to drive to Sunshine Coast or Gold Coast to get to Sydney, the JET****ers!
Old Feb 24th 2004, 5:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Back to JET****, they don't even do a BNE-SYD flight! I'd have to drive to Sunshine Coast or Gold Coast to get to Sydney, the JET****ers!
Yes I just noticed that, wonder what thats all about. Also wheres the 100,000 x $29.00 flights, which legs that on?
Old Feb 24th 2004, 5:24 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I just noticed that, wonder what thats all about. Also wheres the 100,000 x $29.00 flights, which legs that on?
Brisbane to Sunshine coast or Gold Coast?
Old Feb 24th 2004, 5:25 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like they are getting the expats thumbs down. I presume they will be phasing in more routes so there will be more opportunities for Jayr to get to Sydney
Old Feb 24th 2004, 5:28 pm
Karma Comedian

I know, I want some. Do you think it might be all flights? I fancy a family day trip to somewhere. Think I'll register my details and get online early tomorrow and see if I can rustle up some tickets
Old Feb 24th 2004, 6:19 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Virgin Blue offer double the no of $39 seats.

Virgin ups air price ante

February 25, 2004
VIRGIN Blue has upped the ante on budget newcomer Jetstar by offering twice as many $29 airfares as the new cut-price Qantas airline.

Virgin Blue chief executive Brett Godfrey said today Jetstar's announcement of 100,000 seats to some of Australia's favourite destinations for only $29 would be more than matched by Virgin Blue's offer of 200,000 seats.

Virgin Blue would also beat Jetstar to the punch by making the seats available on the internet today instead of tomorrow, as in the case of Jetstar's allocation.

Mr Godfrey welcomed the new competition but said Virgin Blue would never be undercut in the market.

"To you Jetstar, we say 'we'll match your 100,000 and raise you another 100,000'," Mr Godfrey said in Brisbane today.
Old Feb 24th 2004, 6:57 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Jetstar now taking bookings

Originally posted by cookies
Just saw a report of this on the TV - this report said they would be using Airbus aircraft.....not Boeing. OK...I'll admit to being a bit of a spotter on aircraft types as I have just had a job interview with Boeing!

Steve
Steve,
Did you get the job with Boeing then ?
And are you being notified of your PMs now ?

Old Feb 24th 2004, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

cookies is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Jetstar now taking bookings

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
Steve,
Did you get the job with Boeing then ?
And are you being notified of your PMs now ?
Hi ABC......I don't know yet about the Boeing job, despite them assuring me I would know either way by close of play yesterday! In any case, I have had another offer from another company which I have accepted. The Boeing job was fairly interesting, in as much it was a Business Analyst position. It was slightly out of my comfort zone though, being a management accountant by profession.

I got notification of your PM this time thanks - hope to see you on the 21st March. You will know it's me.....I'm the one with loads of noisy kids!

Steve
Old Feb 24th 2004, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

wafoo1 is just really nicewafoo1 is just really nicewafoo1 is just really nicewafoo1 is just really nicewafoo1 is just really nicewafoo1 is just really nicewafoo1 is just really nicewafoo1 is just really nice

Originally posted by bondipom
They might have cheap luttuce there.

What is this Melbourne Avalon airport? Is it accesible?
I work there it's a collection of 1950's hangers currently housing Quantas 747's being refurbished and a couple of P3 Orion's from the Aussie Air force,they'll be off soon so my gues is they'll be using that.
It's easily accessable from the Princes Freeway,about 40 mins from Melbourne and 30 from Geelong
As for Rego plates,my old wreck says Victoria-Garden state,hmmm
Old Feb 24th 2004, 8:52 pm
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by topcat
Did you read the report about RyanAir cutting prices by ordering planes without reclining seats, seat pockets, headrests or window blinds. I'm sure it wasn't 1st April when I read that...
I'd like to think this is true... on short flights there's nothing more annoying flying economy and being stuck behind the thoughtless prat who thinks its ok to recline his seat so the person behind has no room to breathe unless he/she also reclines their seat leaving the one on the 'back row' (usually me!) with nowhere to go!

I did hear that someone was selling (on the internet) some kind of wedge to prevent the guy in from being able to recline their seat. I haven't found the site yet so polite requests followed by abuse is still my only defence so far!!

G2O

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.