Jetski advice

Old Jan 8th 2006, 12:03 pm
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jetski advice

Originally Posted by KBREMBO
Chill Out......

KB
No
Old Jan 8th 2006, 12:14 pm
Welsh Member!!

GrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really nice

I've looked into getting one too! ....what's put me off though, is that for the same money you pay for a good one, you can buy a boat, on which you can do far more than you can do on a jetski.

...as far as the licence goes, the local Jetski shop informed that it's basically a safety coarse more than a test, and most jetski shops can provide the course in the purchase of the ski!

Enjoy!
Old Jan 8th 2006, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

KBREMBO is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 232Bar
No
Oh I am so sorry i upset you.

I hope you are enjoying Australia's relaxed laid back lifestyle.

This thread is about Jetski's and fun.

Sorry if i upset you.

KB
Old Jan 8th 2006, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by GrantP
I've looked into getting one too! ....what's put me off though, is that for the same money you pay for a good one, you can buy a boat, on which you can do far more than you can do on a jetski.

...as far as the licence goes, the local Jetski shop informed that it's basically a safety coarse more than a test, and most jetski shops can provide the course in the purchase of the ski!

Enjoy!
I bought a boat and it is worth it's weight in gold!!!

Endless fun.

You also make lot's of friends......hmm i wonder why

Cheers

KB
Old Jan 8th 2006, 12:55 pm
Who me ?

Fireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ljk888
I've conviced my fiance not to import a kit car, but he's now decided we should get a jetski... any advice on the best one to get for 2 people?

Cheers!

Laura (& Nick)

A big and powerful one !!

Where abouts in west sussex are you from ?

Ali
Old Jan 8th 2006, 4:23 pm
Laura & Nick

ljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant future

Mmm, like the boat idea... what would I have to be forking out for one of those then? Can you get one for under GBP10k?

We're living in Haywards Heath (in the sticks) at the moment. Nice place but a bit, er, 'quiet'.

L&N
Old Jan 8th 2006, 7:16 pm
Who me ?

Fireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of light

Mmm, like the boat idea... what would I have to be forking out for one of those then? Can you get one for under GBP10k?

We're living in Haywards Heath (in the sticks) at the moment. Nice place but a bit, er, 'quiet'.

L&N
We're in the sunnier climes of Worthing......small world eh !!

Ali
Old Jan 8th 2006, 8:08 pm
Welsh Member!!

GrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really nice

L&N
It all depends what you're looking for! ....have a look on ebay, as they have some bargains on there! You can get a mansion on water for $18k (same price as a new four stroke jetski). ....and if you're willing to do a bit of work on one, you can find one really cheap!
Old Jan 8th 2006, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

L&N

Yip-you could afford a nice 16-18ft "near new" bow-rider for that.

Bow-riders are great-very versatile and lots of fun.

Pictures of ours here...Boat Pictures

Cheers

KB
Old Jan 8th 2006, 9:56 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Chill Out......

KB
Everyone has the right to express their own feelings and opinions.

Also, 232Bar is one of the most chilled people I know, and I do know him personally
Old Jan 8th 2006, 10:01 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers

KB
Great pictures KBREMBO. Your boat looks gorgeous, and that water.....I can't wait to get to Perth now
Old Jan 9th 2006, 12:40 am
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I am so sorry i upset you.

I hope you are enjoying Australia's relaxed laid back lifestyle.

This thread is about Jetski's and fun.

Sorry if i upset you.

KB
Didn't upset me at all mate - seems to be you who's getting worked up thread wasn't about 'jetski's and fun' it was jetski advice and my advice was don't get one - surely you didn't expect the only advice offered to the OP was "go out and get the biggest and best one on the market" I agree a boat would be better - already got my boat handlers certificate in the UK and will most likely end up with one here. My OPINION of jetskis, obviously sways my ADVICE on Jetskis - surely you wouldn't rob me of my opinions or my right to offer a view? that wouldn't be relaxed and laid back of you at all would it?

Last edited by 232Bar; Jan 9th 2006 at 12:46 am. Reason: forgot something
Old Jan 10th 2006, 4:59 am
Welsh Member!!

Cheers

KB
Someone has a talent for taking awesome pictures there!!
Old Jan 10th 2006, 11:44 am
now just Shaun...

Shaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant future

I would of said as powerful as you can, say 1000 cc or better, you can tow a donut with someone on with that size. Also consider insurance, etc. At 18k or whater you could probably hire one for the day from a local company and save some money. Unless of course money is no problem. Invest the saved money in a beach buggy.... lots of fun....http://www.muddock.com/VWBeachBuggy.htm
Good luck and go for it,