Jet Lag

Old Nov 12th 2003, 1:11 pm
WBB

Originally posted by PeteY
I am not blessed with being able to sleep well. I rarely sleep on a plane etc.

When we went out last, I was up at 3 am every day for the first week!! Just could'nt get back to sleep when i woke up. The week after that i started to recover, but was still pretty nackered for the next week or so.

Somthing interesting....for the Olympics, the athletes are recommended to take one day to recover, for each hour of time difference. So an Olympic athlete would need to have 10 days in aus (from the uk), to get back up to full strength (in theory).

I....am NOT looking forward to the flight/jetlag either
slightly off topic but pete, your avatar has changed......i kinda liked the old one, but who am i to say anything i change mine as often as i change my pants.

that guy look's like me when i go fishing, i always get a bird's nest first cast and snag the only tesco trolley in the area.

Old Nov 12th 2003, 2:33 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by welshboybilly
slightly off topic but pete, your avatar has changed......i kinda liked the old one, but who am i to say anything i change mine as often as i change my pants.

that guy look's like me when i go fishing, i always get a bird's nest first cast and snag the only tesco trolley in the area.

Well....its back; for a bit!! Did'nt like that fisher dude either. I had to shrink him a fair bit and it made him look dodgy.

Needs livening up!!
Old Nov 12th 2003, 2:47 pm
WBB

Well....its back; for a bit!! Did'nt like that fisher dude either. I had to shrink him a fair bit and it made him look dodgy.

Needs livening up!!

a new sig......i like it

there is a great fishing forum somewhere i was looking at before and they have some great fishing type avatars, i will try and dig it out for you.

Old Nov 13th 2003, 8:32 am
Badge

I'm with Simone - I sleep on the plane and by the time I get to Australia I'm a bit off peak for the first day because I've been on a plane for 24 hours, I get a night's sleep and that's it - I'm on Australian time!! The next morning - business as usual!

Badge

Old Nov 13th 2003, 9:06 am
Squeaking Member

Anon E Mouse is on a distinguished road

Hi all,

Currently sitting at PC on Perth time whilst the rest of me is still somewhere over europe....yep, just got back from blighty and I can honestly say, the worst thing for jetlag is a rather large bint in the next seat saying loudly to her mate "ere, Trace, I dunno why they've turned out all the lights, it's only 5pm." "Why's everyone asleep then Shaz?" Shut the **** up will you.....

I am in jetlag hell. Did the usual stuff which has always worked before - watch forwards, sleep when you should, go for a swim at singapore between flights, go easy on the free beer etc. etc. but havent slept for two nights now..... Please, kill me....

Mouse.

P.S. The pool at Singapore is in T1, costs 13 dollars and is well worth it. You need a 2 hour stopover (although this time I did it in 45 mins...) and they provide towels, shower gel etc, you just need your bathers in your hand luggage. Jump on the train, head upstairs, pay the nice lady and reeellaaaaxxxx.....

Last edited by Anon E Mouse; Nov 13th 2003 at 9:09 am.
Old Nov 13th 2003, 9:09 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Anon E Mouse
Hi all,

Currently sitting at PC on Perth time whilst the rest of me is still somewhere over europe....yep, just got back from blighty and I can honestly say, the worst thing for jetlag is a rather large bint in the next seat saying loudly to her mate "ere, Trace, I dunno why they've turned out all the lights, it's only 5pm." "Why's everyone asleep then Shaz?" Shut the **** up will you.....

I am in jetlag hell. Did the usual stuff which has always worked before - watch forwards, sleep when you should, go for a swim at singapore between flights, go easy on the free beer etc. etc. but havent slept for two nights now..... Please, kill me....

Mouse.

P.S. The pool at Singapore is in T1, costs 13 dollars and is well worth it. You need a 2 hour stopover (although this time I did it in 45 mins...) and they provide towels, shower gel etc, you just need your bathers in your hand luggage. Jump on the train, head upstairs, pay the nice lady and reeellaaaaxxxx.....
Im there for 1.5 hrs? Reckon i could make it? Sounds like just what i would need......is it easy to get to?
Old Nov 13th 2003, 9:31 am
Squeaking Member

Anon E Mouse is on a distinguished road

Im there for 1.5 hrs? Reckon i could make it? Sounds like just what i would need......is it easy to get to?
It'd be close - depends how risky you like to be with airline schedules :-)

Every time I've flown into singapore (both ways) we've 'docked' in T2 so you'll need to walk rather quickly to the terminal from the gate, jump on the train to T1 (takes about 2 mins) then head straight up the escalator to the transit hotel and pool.

To give you an idea, the doors opened at 8:15 and I was off the plane by 8:20, in the pool by 8:30, out at 8:50, back at the gate at 9:05 and the plane took off at 9:30. So that's about 45 mins from plane to plane. There again we've done the trip a few times now and a well practiced.

An hour and a half *should* be fine but dont blame me if you miss the connection !!!!
Old Nov 13th 2003, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

koala_mac is an unknown quantity at this point
Default swimming!!

Wow - what a *fantastic* way to break up the journey. And so refreshing too. The stop in the middle is the worst bit - feeling grungy, tired, bored, no local currency if all you want to buy is a coke, etc etc, and still hours and hours of flying ahead! And even worse if you are in Bangkok airport which has to be the worst possible stop location. Looks like we'll be flying via Singapore...

Thanks for the tip - duly noted!

K_M