Jessica Watson

Old May 15th 2010, 11:41 am
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Jessica Watson

The boat people risk their lives on small boats so why arent they treated as heros also.
Old May 15th 2010, 11:43 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mohogony
The boat people risk their lives on small boats so why arent they treated as heros also.
They dont do it solo

Doesnt count when there are 300 onboard
Old May 15th 2010, 11:44 am
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suesk
Would also like to congatulate 7 News on their outstanding live coverage. Waited for 2 hrs while she battled to get into Sydney then they showed adverts while she crossed the finish line and said didn't see her coming because there were too mant boats. Only in Australia.
Oh, come on - you're not trying to tell me that no other TV network in the world would have fluffed a live event, are you?

Why not? In excess of 95% of them are fleeing persecution and violence, risking a lot to survive and live a normal life. Plenty of people complain that layabouts won't get off the couch to live better but don't give recognition to people that crossed the world to survive.

Last edited by lapin_windstar; May 15th 2010 at 11:52 am.
Old May 15th 2010, 11:45 am
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Soon it will be the oldest granny to sail around the world, The first dwarf to sail around the world , the first Aboriginal to sail around the world, the first Tasmanian to sail around the world, the first muslim to sail around the world and so on.

Last edited by mohogony; May 15th 2010 at 11:47 am.
Old May 15th 2010, 11:45 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lapin_windstar
Oh, come on - you're not trying to tell me that no other TV network in the world would have fluffed a live event, are you?
Just have to look at CNN
Old May 15th 2010, 12:08 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
K Rudd is the only person I heard that called her a HERO. And that is what I am referring to. Therefore it is 100% referring to K Rudd.

Pro-Aussie regardless ? Nope, You have read that wrong.

I am pro common sense. Nowhere is perfect, and I have NEVER said that Australia is.

What I have said is that I have adapted to Australia, I eat Australian food, and accept that I cant eat in M&S. I chose to move, therefore I do NOT complain.
I have also said that Australia is, on balance, better than where I lived in the UK before.

I think that what you have read into what I say, is that because I look on things positively all the time, instead of being negative, I must like everything.

I have done my years of being negative, and it turned me into a grumpy person, like a few others I now know. But I eventually chose to accept what life has, and more importantly, to look at things with open eyes, not a shuttered blinkered view, and find better things or ways.

Hence we get some people who complain about something Australia, but I just find an alternative, and end up smiling more

We make our lives, it isn't the country that we live in that does it.
Thank god ,you have finaly ,Thrown your cards on the table , i will take you off my soon to leave list...........mm
Old May 15th 2010, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

suesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of light

Would also like to congatulate 7 News on their outstanding live coverage. Waited for 2 hrs while she battled to get into Sydney then they showed adverts while she crossed the finish line and said didn't see her coming because there were too mant boats. Only in Australia.
Also just noticed I have contracted fat fingers good job I'm not a share broker. Can't be doing with the dollar getting any stronger.
Old May 15th 2010, 12:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

suesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lapin_windstar

Why not? In excess of 95% of them are fleeing persecution and violence, risking a lot to survive and live a normal life. Plenty of people complain that layabouts won't get off the couch to live better but don't give recognition to people that crossed the world to survive.
BBC wouldn't have put adverts on during a live event.
Old May 15th 2010, 12:22 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
They dont do it solo

Doesnt count when there are 300 onboard
Mabye the boat people should sail around the world solo on their way to OZ then sail into Syndey harbour and we welcomed as a heros.
Old May 15th 2010, 12:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

BBC wouldn't have put adverts on during a live event.
Either would ABC.
Old May 15th 2010, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Because theyre freeloaders looking for a lifestyle change. The most needy never make it past their front door.
Old May 15th 2010, 1:08 pm
Pie Eater

coolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud of

Good on her. Sailing around the world with no help, no contact - completely isolated, ...then having to meet Mr Rudd, with jelly legs.
Old May 15th 2010, 1:12 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Soon it will be the oldest granny to sail around the world, The first dwarf to sail around the world , the first Aboriginal to sail around the world, the first Tasmanian to sail around the world, the first muslim to sail around the world and so on.
A couple my folks met when they did their circumnavigation were well into their 70's. We met them last year in Mt Martha, they've just bought another boat & plan to do it all again Good luck to them, I can't wait to join them.
Oh & there's currently a quadriplegic circumnavigating Australia.
Old May 15th 2010, 2:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

robert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Margaret3
escactly!! the whole bloody thing is driving me mad, i am not putting on the telly today or for the next week in fear of news about it!!!!!
the whole thing is driving you mad are you that sad.get a life
Old May 15th 2010, 2:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

robert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mr mover
This thread is turning into whining bitch fest , from a lot of jealous pommy wankers whos kids ,would not be capable of acheiving this feat, enough said..............mm
well said

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.