Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Jensteve have landed!!!!

Jensteve have landed!!!!

Old Aug 21st 2004, 1:27 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of
Default Jensteve have landed!!!!

1st off this new layout is really awful, right thats that done.

And the next bit of news we have arrived in sunny yet chilly at night Perth. Yes I can say without a doubt my fingers are cold typing this to you lot back in Britain.
The flight was really boring and long, the highlight had to be seeing the north coast and flying down to Perth, really amazing view of the endless beach's. customs and quarantine are much stricter and confiscated my paper weight due to the flower inside it, how they think it will grow is beyond me. Singapore airlines don't give much leeway with baggage and wanted to charge us 900+ for 1 suitcase, so it went cargo for 180 pounds. They xray everything, so watch out for anything that shouldn't be in your baggage.

Last thing for now !!! The moons the wrong way round, the crescent is on the bottom!!! well we noticed it anyway, and there are more stars, but it is cloudy, and raining, and chilly.

Tra for now all Jenny
Old Aug 21st 2004, 1:41 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jensteve have landed!!!!

Hiya,
Glad you made it safely!!
I had the same thought about the moon when I arrived,still looks weird to see it like that, and I love the stars, especially if you're away from the city - so much darker here (because of lower levels of streetlighting etc) so they stand out much clearer

Keep us posted
Old Aug 21st 2004, 1:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to Perth.
Yes it is cold, and hold on to your hats (and everything else) as it is going to get worse this week. Apparently, Monday we are in for storms again.
It does get cold here at night, but you will be grateful of that in the Summer.
I never had as many blankets, fleecy jimmy jams in the Uk as I do here.
It wont be long now before winter is over.

Good luck

Whisky
Old Aug 21st 2004, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

pockygoes will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Hiya,
Glad you made it safely!!
I had the same thought about the moon when I arrived,still looks weird to see it like that, and I love the stars, especially if you're away from the city - so much darker here (because of lower levels of streetlighting etc) so they stand out much clearer

Keep us posted
Polly

Have to agree about the stars - we saw the most amazing sky full of stars while we were in Margaret River earlier in the year. It was so funny, me the hubbie & the 2 kids lying flat on our backs on the lawn just taking it all in.

good luck Jensteve - see you in Perth in jan when the next get together happens!!

pockgoes
Old Aug 22nd 2004, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

debio is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad you all arrived safely-have a fantastic time and keep us all posted-good and bad
Old Aug 22nd 2004, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

gary2rep is an unknown quantity at this point

Best of luck, keep us informed of your progress.
Gary