Jem your stupid

Old Jul 9th 2006, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

Jempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to all
Default Jem your stupid

Take that Brother
Ok stupid name for a thread, Aly and I & Tally the dog are three weeks away from our move to OZ.
My Sister Jackie, but now its spelt Jacqui (because she`s posh) decided to sit me down, and tell her 36yr old brother, being me that I'm just about to make the biggest mistake of my life.
Aly and David (my brother in law, salt of the earth) couldn't help hearing from the kitchen, my Sister`s pearls of wisdom.
Aly and I met in 1991, and due to the age gap of 13yrs, my family have given me sh$t for it.
After the big decision in Feb 05, that we were going to try to move to Australia, Jackie has pretty much done the its just a faze thing, Jems always been odd.
Friday morning came, Jackie and David decided to visit, Davids always around, but the last time I saw my Sister was Xmas.
So I picked up my keys, off to the shops I trot to buy some cakes and crap for my sisters sweet tooth.
So the tea was on the table after a good hour of nice chat, mostly about our crappy parents. (which is another long story) she decided to turn on me.
I was fine to start with until, she said out loud , when Aly dies you will be all alone.
With that Aly runs into the room all excited, with the news that we have just exchanged we can now book our tickets, and then gave my Sister a huge hug.
Jackie burst into tears, picks up her keys and walks out.

As you all know, Migrating is hard on its own, but you dont need this crap from your Sister
Oh well I know she loves me its just her way.
Old Jul 9th 2006, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

sunnyskies has a brilliant futuresunnyskies has a brilliant futuresunnyskies has a brilliant futuresunnyskies has a brilliant futuresunnyskies has a brilliant futuresunnyskies has a brilliant future
Default Re: Jem your stupid

People react in all sorts of ways, keep your chin up and be nice to her, sounds like she's hurting and you can't control your feelings can you?
As long as you know you are doing the right thing you just have to follow your heart
Old Jul 9th 2006, 7:55 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

You can choose your friends but not your family

On a more serious note many people do ridicule what you are doing for usually personal motives such as jealousy or simply that they feel they are loosing you! Rather than come out and say what they feel, they sometimes turn and try to attack or convince you that you are wrong.

Do the right thing for you and nobody else. Love is a strange thing though eh ?
Old Jul 10th 2006, 6:17 am
It's got to be purple....

wsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond repute

I was just thining about you guys the other day....wondering when it was you were leaving for Oz......now I know....lol. Hope Aly's last day at work went well and wasn't too upsetting for her.

Family can be a pain in the arse......my mother made me feel as if I was abandoning her.....even though my brother and sister still live within 20 minutes of her house. I just had to grit my teeth and do what was best for me and my OH.

The age gap is nothing ........ I am 11 years older than Jim and we are happy together so everyone else can think what they like cos we don't really care.

Sending you some Karma to cheer you up. And remember that although it may not seem like it at times like this - it is all worth it in the end when you arrive in Oz and realise that this is your new home !!

Take Care,

Wendy
Old Jul 10th 2006, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

jdjnr is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya,

Family really can act strangely when it comes to migrating!! I've had PR for the past two years and only ready to head over to Brisbane in the next few weeks - so everyone has been given plenty of notice that i'll be heading over to oz - folks were grand even though once or twice i've got the odd "this is going to be our last Christmas / Easter / Halloween / second tuesday with a blue moon ...." that made me feel a bit guilty!! well a couple of weeks ago i booked the flights and had a date that i was leaving - so sat them down and very gently said that i was going over to Brisbane in September all the time expecting my Mam to burst out crying - when to my surprise my dad broke down in tears and balled his eyes out saying he didn't want me to go!! After a while things went back to normal and he apologised for saying that - but i am absolutly dreading the actual day that i'm leaving!!

I'm sure your sister is just a bit upset with the realisation that your heading over to the otherside of the world - even though they don't mean it sometimes family will do or say things just to get you to stay - even if they do seem a bit cruel!!

Ahh the joys of it all........

Good luck

Jon
Old Jul 10th 2006, 8:04 pm
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

family - ya gotta love em eh!!

I am sure your sister is just hurting and not knowing how to really say it. 'charming' comment about your OH though....think it might be best to ignore that one!! Sometimes hurt comes out in very 'hurtful' ways!

MY OH's Dad has said the odd nasty thing....mainly about my Dad (who is paying for our flights and 4 night stopover in Singapore) but I am just letting it slide off me. My 'out-law' moved to England from India in the early 70's and therefore views England as the pinnacle of everything up-market and happening. He thinks Australia is a little backwater where my OH's career in IT will take a nose dive.

Mind you, my OH did think I lived in the middle of the bush and that Perth wouldn't have such well tarmac'd roads before he actually saw where I lived for the first time!

Take it on the chin - at the end of the day, better to have had the experience than to sit around talking about the chance you never took!

Good Luck!!