Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

jc's interview and sydney

Wikiposts

jc's interview and sydney

Old Nov 6th 2004, 3:24 am
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: jc's interview and sydney

Thats great news about the job, but I can only imagine all the other problems it must be giving you, but just think you could both be starting 2005 in Oz what could be better!!

X
Old Nov 6th 2004, 3:41 am
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thpinkpussycat
Thats great news about the job, but I can only imagine all the other problems it must be giving you, but just think you could both be starting 2005 in Oz what could be better!!

X

i know, its certainly hard to keep my feet on the ground!

Thanks

laura
x
Old Nov 6th 2004, 4:38 am
Cheeky

Hi Laura!!!

Just wanted to say...........

WOW!!! Sounds fantastic!

And thanks for pm earlier too!!

Im sorry I cant help you out with your info but I just wanted to say it sounds v. postive and wish you all the luck in the world, not that you need it chuck!!!

Love to you both and keep us updated!!

Cheekyxx

Old Nov 6th 2004, 4:52 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

hi laura and jc,very very well done to jc,it was certainly worth that trip to london last week wasnt it, your gotta go for it but of course you know that dont you.WHAT ABOUT OUR LEAVING PARTY,lol, better by yours instead!we re really made up for you both.

tracey.
Old Nov 6th 2004, 4:57 am

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats Laura!

What are you going to do there if you are still a student nurse? I thought you had to have a years nursing experience before you could go?

What about Montu!? Have you looked at shipping companies for Montu?

So exciting!!!

Lynn
Old Nov 6th 2004, 5:20 am

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Congrats Laura!

What are you going to do there if you are still a student nurse? I thought you had to have a years nursing experience before you could go?

What about Montu!? Have you looked at shipping companies for Montu?

So exciting!!!

Lynn

hello lynn. tracy and cheeky

looks like you might be going to our leaving party 1st LOL, God I shouldnt be counting my chickens yet should i????

lynn,

I am planning on continuing my studying in Auz. I understand that i wont get paid to do my training there, but i am willing to get a part time job to cover costs and JC said he will help me, i will also use profits from my house when it sells. Hopefully this will be ok and uni will sort out transferring the credits for me.......fingers x'd. I am hopefully gonna start phoning round for qoutes for montu so as soon as we find out we can start sorting her out.
I dont know if its the right thing to do, but we thought long and hard and decided what the hell, lifes too bloody short aint it?

We are still applying for PR aus 138 sponsored as soon as we get out there, so hopefully we will be sorted.

Failing that, i'll just bum around, basking in the sun and havin barbies, without any qualifiactions, drifting from job to job, till i can knock out a few kids, LOL!!! Doesnt sound too bad actually does it??? LOL

Oh by the way, just wanna thank my Swiss friend, fab for the info on the subs, i checked out rentals there and there was lots of affordable stuff, so we are laughing if we get it, just hope they will take dogs as montus comming????

laura
xxx

Last edited by lauralollipop; Nov 6th 2004 at 5:25 am.
Old Nov 6th 2004, 9:22 am

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

sounds good Laura - we wish you all the best of luck! Keep us posted.

Lynn
Old Nov 6th 2004, 10:49 am
Just Joined

PinkGlam is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Laura,

Thats great news about the job, big congratulations to you both. It must be very hard to start thinking again about where to live etc when you had it all planned out, but you have definately got to give it a go, having a job to go to is a definate bonus, and if it doesn't work out you can always move to Perth then.

We went to Sydney about 4 years ago and absolutely loved it, and are going to live there in April 05, but haven't been to Perth to be able to compare the two.

Also think bumming around all day, basking in the sun (not sure about the babies bit) is a great idea. Hoping boyfriend will get a fab job earning loads and loads so I can do just that!! hah hah.

Good Luck and all the best

Michelle
Old Nov 6th 2004, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

igual will become famous soon enoughigual will become famous soon enough

Hi Laura,
we have recently moved to Sydney and are renting a house in Frenchs forest for 460 per week. You can get alot cheaper than this as well, but we fancied having a bit of outdoor space! i am also a nurse.
good luck with your move, Sydney is a great city!

Fiona
Old Nov 6th 2004, 7:22 pm

hi fiona and michelle, lynn

thanks for your replies, i will have to keep in touch with you, and we can have a meet up in Sydney!

After looking at the houses there on line, i am sooo excited, just worried that i wont know a soul, whereas n Perth i knew some people.

I certainly feel better now tho knowing there are others there who i can contact through this site

Do you know what Chatswood is like to live as there were some houses there for $300-350 per week and looked nice???

laura
xx
Old Nov 6th 2004, 8:06 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lauralollipop
hi Donna

How you doing?
thanks for that, is she just under soapy? Dont think i have come accross her before

I'll send her a PM though, hope she wont mind. I need to find out all I can, as all I see on internet is that its the 20th most expensive city to live in the world, I was like OMG,OMG !!!

LAURA
XXX

Hi Laura,
So sorry,ive got mixed up with Soapy & Biggy (am gonna get slated big time for this!!)
Soapy is in Sydney only thing is Soapy is a "man" !! but im positive he will give you all the help you need with costs & stuff.
Sorry for the confusion x

Donna.
Old Nov 7th 2004, 3:14 am

Originally Posted by madsad
Hi Laura,
So sorry,ive got mixed up with Soapy & Biggy (am gonna get slated big time for this!!)
Soapy is in Sydney only thing is Soapy is a "man" !! but im positive he will give you all the help you need with costs & stuff.
Sorry for the confusion x

Donna.

hi Donna

LOL Yes Soapy relied saying he was called Robert, i thought "OMG who have i PM'd here", but yes he was fine, sent me a big long reply about sydney.
I know who Biggy is, might PM her aswell, she what she can tell me.

Also got a few other PM's from others in Sydney, found out lots and lots. cant wait to go now that my anxieties have been sorted, nd cant get the grin off my face, so lets just hope he gets the job.........

God if he doesnt I'll be devvo'd

laura
xx
Old Nov 7th 2004, 3:23 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Anyways bad thing is the salary is exactly the same as what he is earning now in UK, (which initally we were pleased with) but after searching internet on Sydney, the cost of living seems to be alot higher in Sydney than it is here in NE England.
One way to 'market test' the reasonableness of a salary is to see if they are willing to sponsor for permanent residence. If yes - then it's probably ok as PR visa holders are free to leave the company if they wish.

Jeremy
Old Nov 7th 2004, 3:36 am

Originally Posted by JAJ
One way to 'market test' the reasonableness of a salary is to see if they are willing to sponsor for permanent residence. If yes - then it's probably ok as PR visa holders are free to leave the company if they wish.

Jeremy

hi jeremy

yes, we reading another thread on whihc you advised this, on immigration forum. I like your idea, and if they do ring to offer the job, then we are going to put this to them and see if they will.

Does it cost the company much more to give yu a permanamt one as apposed to the 4 year temp?

laura
xx
Old Nov 7th 2004, 4:23 am
Forum Regular

cammym is a jewel in the roughcammym is a jewel in the roughcammym is a jewel in the roughcammym is a jewel in the rough

hi fiona and michelle, lynn

thanks for your replies, i will have to keep in touch with you, and we can have a meet up in Sydney!

After looking at the houses there on line, i am sooo excited, just worried that i wont know a soul, whereas n Perth i knew some people.

I certainly feel better now tho knowing there are others there who i can contact through this site

Do you know what Chatswood is like to live as there were some houses there for $300-350 per week and looked nice???

laura
xx
We have just returned from a fact finding trip with interviews and Chatswood is a nice area on our list. It is close enough to travel to the city and has a great shopping centre and a good local community also. It is not far from the Northern beaches also. Go for a property with a pool with maintenance ioncluded if poss.

We met a few locals when looking around and if you are positive then you'll have no problems.

Other areas we are looking at are Forestville, Frenches Forest, St Ives all of which are very leafy suburbs with good communities and brilliant national parks nearby.

Good luck

Cam

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.