jcb

Old Jul 27th 2002, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

shaun/lor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default jcb

a friend with his own bussiness has offerd to get me through my jcb digger ticket while im waiting for our visa. i thought it may come in handy when i need to get a job in oz. but does anyone know if our cerifecates over here would be valid or equivelent over there, cheers shaun
Old Jul 29th 2002, 9:20 am
Thunder Ace

Default Re: jcb

shaun/lor <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > a friend with his own bussiness has offerd to get me through my jcb digger ticket
    > while im waiting for our visa. i thought it may come in handy when i need to get a
    > job in oz. but does anyone know if our cerifecates over here would be valid or
    > equivelent over there, cheers shaun
    >

No, they are not valid in Oz. The "ticket" you refer to is simply a card which says
that you have taken an up to date safety awareness course authorised by the
Construction Industry Training Body (CITB). There is no legal requirement to hold one
of these, in fact you can drive a JCB on an ordinary car licence however most
construction companies insist you have one for insurance purposes. More important for
you is to get some good operating experience. You don't pick this up in a day and the
safety course will not give it to you either. Without experience, you'll face an
uphill battle getting work. It's not a bad idea though, Oz has the ideal climate for
working outdoors.

Thunder Ace

>
    >
    > --

Old Jul 29th 2002, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

shaun/lor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: jcb

thanks for the reply
shaun