Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Jammy git's got a business trip back to Blighty!

Jammy git's got a business trip back to Blighty!

Old Mar 3rd 2004, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Jammy git's got a business trip back to Blighty!

Well hubby's business trip is to Italy actually, but his company has agreed to let him fly to Italy and return from Heathrow, as the price wasn't much different. All he has to fork out for is the EasyJet flight from Italy to Luton, peanuts! His mum is still in a state of shock I think, she can't believe her son is coming to stay for a week. The flights for me and the kids are so expensive, we can't afford to go with him, and anyway it's right in the middle of the school term. Having just managed to secure a place for the eldest at the best private school in Mandurah (Frederick Irwin's), probably not a good idea asking to take her out. Having been here over 18 months now, a trip back to Blighty to see everyone would have been nice, but alas I won't be joining him. I have never been so envious Still I'll be giving him a shopping list or two, I don't think he reckoned on traipsing round Tesco, Marks & Spencer, Next, BHS.................
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 12:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Hope he has a good trip , i have to say im feeling pleased with myself we have been here now 16 months and i had the need to go home , but its gone thankgod , the way i see it now when i get a bit low is , jo you have just spent 35 years there why would you pay all that money for what 3 weeks when you could go elsewhere Think that means im settling well now. But at least he hasnt got to pay has he which is great , if it was offered free i might pop back
Joanne
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 1:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah we're saving up for special trips too, like Sydney, New Zealand, heaps of places to go rather than spending a small fortune on heading back to the place where I've lived all my life. It hadn't entered my mind making a trip back to the UK yet anyway, we haven't been gone that long, and we're over the worst of the homesickness I think. But to get the chance to go back for free!! Yes my husband is definitely jammy!
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 1:13 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jammy git's got a business trip back to Blighty!

Originally posted by Jacqui
Well hubby's business trip is to Italy actually, but his company has agreed to let him fly to Italy and return from Heathrow, as the price wasn't much different. All he has to fork out for is the EasyJet flight from Italy to Luton, peanuts! His mum is still in a state of shock I think, she can't believe her son is coming to stay for a week. The flights for me and the kids are so expensive, we can't afford to go with him, and anyway it's right in the middle of the school term. Having just managed to secure a place for the eldest at the best private school in Mandurah (Frederick Irwin's), probably not a good idea asking to take her out. Having been here over 18 months now, a trip back to Blighty to see everyone would have been nice, but alas I won't be joining him. I have never been so envious Still I'll be giving him a shopping list or two, I don't think he reckoned on traipsing round Tesco, Marks & Spencer, Next, BHS.................
My son lives in Adelaide and works for a major company.He has to spend a lot of his time in California.
When he goes there shortly he then has to travel on to the UK for some more work so will call in to see us.
Sometimes when he travels to the US he makes his ticket 'round the world' and for a few hundred AUD gets Business class travel
the whole way.The airline usually chucks in several 'free' business class trips as well.Last time he did it he got 6 free flights in the US,4 in europe, and 4 in the far east. His company pays the bulk of the fares.The airlines do this to compete for business travellers.

Nice work if you can get it

'Kids today...Don't know they're born........'

G
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 2:12 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice one for the man.

Managed to wangle a few like that, eg the business trip to LA that turned into a RTW ticket via scuba diving out of Cairns.

Or the conference in Florida that was cheaper if I came back via Tegucigalpa (had to pay the extra bit out to the scuba diving myself).

The things we do to save our companies money!
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 3:09 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
Nice one for the man.

Managed to wangle a few like that, eg the business trip to LA that turned into a RTW ticket via scuba diving out of Cairns.

Or the conference in Florida that was cheaper if I came back via Tegucigalpa (had to pay the extra bit out to the scuba diving myself).

The things we do to save our companies money!
It get's better
He's now got enough flight credits (also a perk for business travellers) to upgrade Me and his mum to business class for our validation return trip

G