Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I've swum with dolphins,me !!

I've swum with dolphins,me !!

Old Jan 8th 2004, 11:46 am
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice
Default I've swum with dolphins,me !!

No comments about that guy in Dorset please.
Well,got Mrs BB's sister ,hubby and 2 sons over at the mo,and for a wedding pressie they took us on a swim with Dolphins tour.Beats towels and toasters any day,but I really wanted a boat (and they had the cheek to call me ungrateful).
It was a really slow start,we went out in the Peel estuary,which is only 2 meters deep at the most,and spent nearly 3 hours chasing Flipper n co without success.Had a couple of swims and a few rode the bow waves,but nothing special.
Then we spotted a Pod (ooh-look at me-I know teknikkel jargon) of 5,including a 1 month old calf (there I go again).Now,the law of the land of dolphins states that you can't approach a mother and calf,so we got in the water well away from 'em.The next bit,you couldn't make up-Billy Connoly can keep his "5 day planned for the camera" dolphin dilemma-this was (for want of a better word ) good.
The Mum brings Flipper jnr right to us-honestly,I could have stabbed it if I'd remembered me machete.And cos she bought him/her over,it was legal.The tour guides were all Asian (not important though), and they were as excited as us,cos it aint something even they see every day (unless you're a Tuna fisherman).
Me and BB jnr sat upstairs on the bridge on the way back,and chatted to the Cap'n.Even he was thrilled, the old boy (although that was probably due to me looking so damn good in a wetsuit
So there you have it folks.
Another great reason for getting your PR-having this on your doorstep.
Any one interested in the tour can go to :

http://www.southwest.com.au/~kirbyhs/dive.html

And should you go,say the guy who wore a thonged backed wetsuit recommended it

BB-so which one of us is the porpoise ?
Old Jan 8th 2004, 11:51 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Awesome! We swam with dolphins in Akaroa and I will never forget it - sounds like you had a great time - great wedding pressie!

You will have to save up for that boat so you can go again!
Old Jan 8th 2004, 11:57 am
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of
Default Re: I've swum with dolphins,me !!

Originally posted by baldbutts
No comments about that guy in Dorset please.
Well,got Mrs BB's sister ,hubby and 2 sons over at the mo,and for a wedding pressie they took us on a swim with Dolphins tour.Beats towels and toasters any day,but I really wanted a boat (and they had the cheek to call me ungrateful).
It was a really slow start,we went out in the Peel estuary,which is only 2 meters deep at the most,and spent nearly 3 hours chasing Flipper n co without success.Had a couple of swims and a few rode the bow waves,but nothing special.
Then we spotted a Pod (ooh-look at me-I know teknikkel jargon) of 5,including a 1 month old calf (there I go again).Now,the law of the land of dolphins states that you can't approach a mother and calf,so we got in the water well away from 'em.The next bit,you couldn't make up-Billy Connoly can keep his "5 day planned for the camera" dolphin dilemma-this was (for want of a better word ) good.
The Mum brings Flipper jnr right to us-honestly,I could have stabbed it if I'd remembered me machete.And cos she bought him/her over,it was legal.The tour guides were all Asian (not important though), and they were as excited as us,cos it aint something even they see every day (unless you're a Tuna fisherman).
Me and BB jnr sat upstairs on the bridge on the way back,and chatted to the Cap'n.Even he was thrilled, the old boy (although that was probably due to me looking so damn good in a wetsuit
So there you have it folks.
Another great reason for getting your PR-having this on your doorstep.
Any one interested in the tour can go to :

http://www.southwest.com.au/~kirbyhs/dive.html

And should you go,say the guy who wore a thonged backed wetsuit recommended it

BB-so which one of us is the porpoise ?

Hiya BB
Good one BB, don't you mean the guy who was wearing the thonged backed wetsuit back to front!!!!

Sorry couldn't resist ha ha!!!

Yve
Old Jan 8th 2004, 12:16 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by abergas
Hiya BB
Good one BB, don't you mean the guy who was wearing the thonged backed wetsuit back to front!!!!

Sorry couldn't resist ha ha!!!

Yve
You mean you were on that trip also ???
Old Jan 8th 2004, 12:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Mairi&Chris
You mean you were on that trip also ???

No

Old Jan 8th 2004, 1:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

So, where are the negatives BB??? Was there pollution in the water? Did it rain? Did you get stung by jellyfish?

Urm, or was it just as it sounds - perfick?!

Nice ere innit!

Loopy
Old Jan 8th 2004, 1:56 pm
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice

OOOHHH
AHHHHHHHHH
Attached Thumbnails I've swum with dolphins,me !!-112_1219.jpg  
Old Jan 8th 2004, 2:00 pm
WBB

quite possibly the biggest pic i have ever seen!!!!!

a scaled down version (hope you dont mind)
Attached Thumbnails I've swum with dolphins,me !!-112_1219.jpg  

Old Jan 8th 2004, 2:00 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I am soooooooo jealous. That looks fantastic.
Old Jan 9th 2004, 11:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

We've just come back from Bunbury (where there are still LOADS of flies - WHY??? - and did the dolphin trip which was brilliant cos it's the first time i've seen dolphins since being here. At koombana bay they actually swim right into the beach most mornings, hubby & son were about 10' away (not quite stabbing distance but still awe inspiring)

DI
Old Jan 10th 2004, 4:29 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

That`s where we got married, out in the middle of the inlet. We went back to Perth for a holiday and to get married with the dolphins, and had a great time (if a little wind-burned). I`m guessing you used the same guy we did. Do the boats (catamarans actually) have a metal barrier (about 4 foot tall) all around? I said are they so kids don`t fall in the water, and he said no, in the off season they take the boats up to the north west for tours and it`s to keep the crocodiles out (!). He said they try to jump into the boats sometimes to get ppl.... and he wasn`t joking.

Anyway we loved the dolphins at mandurah, and getting married out on the water 3 years ago. Bird-watchers love the pelican island on the way there and back.
Old Jan 10th 2004, 4:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute

Baldbutts that picture is just so cool, are you sure you didn't cheat and post a professional snap? I'm using it as my PC backdrop now, while til my dolphin-mad daughter sees it. See you at Rocky later!
Old Jan 10th 2004, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

Jamesy is an unknown quantity at this point

That is amazing, will be in WA in February and that is definitely on the must do list, oh dear, the sensible visiting schools and looking for jobs on the validation trip seems to be going out the window....
Old Jan 10th 2004, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Juls is an unknown quantity at this point

So jealous !!!

Was the ripples made by the dolphin or you BB ? Ps where can I get one of those wetsuits from my other half would look good in one !

Juls
Old Jan 10th 2004, 11:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road

Hi BB,

Lucky sod, we;ve tried a couple of times both here and the states and nothing zip zilch nada the hole in the middle of a doughnut!

Missus reckons it's me. Not playful enough. Least I think she was talking about the 'fins.