Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I've now changed banks.

I've now changed banks.

Old Oct 8th 2005, 12:15 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default I've now changed banks.

Went into St.George yesterday lovely friendly staff, they opened an account for me gave me a card straight away and promised me a visa debit card within the week.

No more dealing with arseholes at the commonwealth bank for me
Old Oct 8th 2005, 12:32 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I've now changed banks.

Originally Posted by fraser
Went into St.George yesterday lovely friendly staff, they opened an account for me gave me a card straight away and promised me a visa debit card within the week.

No more dealing with arseholes at the commonwealth bank for me
Please elaborate on how they are arseholes! Doesn't this term apply to all banks?
Old Oct 8th 2005, 12:35 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NedKelly
Please elaborate on how they are arseholes! Doesn't this term apply to all banks?
But they have taken bad customer service to new depths
Old Oct 8th 2005, 12:48 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NedKelly
Read this for elaboration

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...monwealth+bank
Old Oct 8th 2005, 2:11 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

I called the commonwealth bank yesterday over a little problem with my netbanking.
The woman said..."Look I can't understand a word your saying, I'll need to pass you on to someone else"

I waited another 5 minutes & the second person had no problem understanding my slight Scottish accent.

I to am now closing my account with Commonwealth bank.
Old Oct 8th 2005, 2:39 am
Off to drill downunder

Location: Essex until september then Ocean Shores (near Byron Bay)
JAWS is on a distinguished road

I'm a bit surprised about all this. Comm Bank have been really good to us.We had our cards given to us at the Brisbane Queen st branch as soon as we arrived no waiting around, they activated the cards for us and set up internet banking there and then. At our local branch they opened up the business account as soon as we had the ABN and gave us a very good rate for the EFPOS machine, they supplied a credit card for the business within 10 days.The only problem I had was that the cheque book for the business didn't arrive after a week so I rang up our local branch and they knocked up a dozen hand written cheques and brought them round for us.
All in all I have found them way better than Natwest and a pleasure to deal with.
Old Oct 8th 2005, 2:46 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bordy
I called the commonwealth bank yesterday over a little problem with my netbanking.
The woman said..."Look I can't understand a word your saying, I'll need to pass you on to someone else"

I waited another 5 minutes & the second person had no problem understanding my slight Scottish accent.

I to am now closing my account with Commonwealth bank.
You'd think they'd make an effort with the Scots.

Old Oct 8th 2005, 4:10 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
You'd think they'd make an effort with the Scots.

Up yer kilt ya sassenach.
Old Oct 8th 2005, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by JAWS
I'm a bit surprised about all this. Comm Bank have been really good to us.We had our cards given to us at the Brisbane Queen st branch as soon as we arrived no waiting around, they activated the cards for us and set up internet banking there and then. At our local branch they opened up the business account as soon as we had the ABN and gave us a very good rate for the EFPOS machine, they supplied a credit card for the business within 10 days.The only problem I had was that the cheque book for the business didn't arrive after a week so I rang up our local branch and they knocked up a dozen hand written cheques and brought them round for us.
All in all I have found them way better than Natwest and a pleasure to deal with.

I think business user are the key words there.