British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   I've just eaten a large Galaxy all to myself (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/ive-just-eaten-large-galaxy-all-myself-306263/)

AliMay Jun 1st 2005 2:33 pm

I've just eaten a large Galaxy all to myself

and it was wonderful.
I do miss the taste of the old favourites back in Scotland.
My sister sent a chocolate food parcel for my birthday- Galaxy, Cadburys and Lindt 70%. Yum. Its helping ease the house buying process.

Don't get me wrong the food is great in Oz but some things are just not quite what you are familiar with and take a bit if getting used to.
For example Weetbix (sic) is made up of flaky bits which IMHO is all wrong.
I returned a packet of Sultana Bran to Coles yesterday because it was stale. I was surprised to find the new packet was just the same. The flakes are soft- just not crunchy enough.

BTW Its not all bad-I do love the one in three packets of cereal that have the prizes in. I got a Star wars light sabre spoon- just fab. You can tell which ones have the prizes if you invert them. Well I can. Its a new talent I've discovered since being on "home duties". This is what our mortgage broker put on our mortgage application form as my occupation.

Life is full of new discoveries. I am now becoming an expert in termites (it was ducks last week) The pest inspection of our new house showed up termites in the gum tree out front. Apparently they're only the sort that eat tree bark and not houses- I'm going to have to investigate this further.

God life will be dull when we finally manage to get in a house and settle.

Happy days
Ali

TopCat3 Jun 1st 2005 2:40 pm

Re: I've just eaten a large Galaxy all to myself

Originally Posted by AliMay
and it was wonderful.

:D :D :D

The pest inspection of our new house showed up termites in the gum tree out front. Apparently they're only the sort that eat tree bark and not houses- I'm going to have to investigate this further.

Ali

Let's hope they don't eat chocolate :p

louise4 Jun 1st 2005 2:43 pm

Don't eat too much chocolate or you won't fit in the pool :D :D

You could always find out if ducks eat termites, might want to keep them around then :)

Louise

worzel Jun 1st 2005 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by louise4
You could always find out if ducks eat termites, might want to keep them around then :)

Louise

Altogether now - There was an old woman who swallowed a fly... :D

Bordy Jun 1st 2005 2:56 pm

and it was wonderful.
My sister sent a chocolate food parcel for my birthday- Galaxy, Cadburys and Lindt 70%. Yum.

Happy days
Ali

Didn't you wash it down with a nice bottle of Irn Bru. ????

gajjitt Jun 1st 2005 3:02 pm

and it was wonderful.
My sister sent a chocolate food parcel for my birthday- Galaxy, Cadburys and Lindt 70%. Yum. Its helping ease the house buying process.

Don't get me wrong the food is great in Oz but some things are just not quite what you are familiar with and take a bit if getting used to.
For example Weetbix (sic) is made up of flaky bits which IMHO is all wrong.
I returned a packet of Sultana Bran to Coles yesterday because it was stale. I was surprised to find the new packet was just the same. The flakes are soft- just not crunchy enough.

BTW Its not all bad-I do love the one in three packets of cereal that have the prizes in. I got a Star wars light sabre spoon- just fab. You can tell which ones have the prizes if you invert them. Well I can. Its a new talent I've discovered since being on "home duties". This is what our mortgage broker put on our mortgage application form as my occupation.

Life is full of new discoveries. I am now becoming an expert in termites (it was ducks last week) The pest inspection of our new house showed up termites in the gum tree out front. Apparently they're only the sort that eat tree bark and not houses- I'm going to have to investigate this further.

God life will be dull when we finally manage to get in a house and settle.

Happy days
Ali

Went to the Margaret River Chocolate "factory" along the Swan Valley (!) today. Bought a couple of bars of chocolate from there.... which was sooo good. We :cool: ate both of them this evening. And we proved that Aussie chocolate can also be good.

Yum!!!

:D

AliMay Jun 1st 2005 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by louise4
Don't eat too much chocolate or you won't fit in the pool :D :D

Louise

Talking of Ducks- I called the ranger today to see if he would take them away. He will only do so if they have ducklings apparently. He says I must just keep scaring them away without scaring them too much.
:rolleyes:

AliMay Jun 1st 2005 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by Bordy
Didn't you wash it down with a nice bottle of Irn Bru. ????

Funny you should say that- I do know that you can get Irn Bru in Fremantle.
:)

AliMay Jun 1st 2005 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by gajjitt
Went to the Margaret River Chocolate "factory" along the Swan Valley (!) today. Bought a couple of bars of chocolate from there.... which was sooo good. We :cool: ate both of them this evening. And we proved that Aussie chocolate can also be good.

Yum!!!

:D

I'm glad theres some fellow scoffers out ther this evening.
Its not bad chocolate I have to say. The macadamia nuts clusters covered in chocolate are my fave. They sell a wicked raspberry sauce as well,
:)

TopCat3 Jun 1st 2005 3:51 pm

Talking of Ducks- I called the ranger today to see if he would take them away. He will only do so if they have ducklings apparently. He says I must just keep scaring them away without scaring them too much.
:rolleyes:

Want me to come over and hiss? :eek: