Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I've got my status back at last!!!

I've got my status back at last!!!

Old Apr 7th 2004, 10:43 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Talking I've got my status back at last!!!

Yesterday i picked up my very own set of wheels!!!! YIPEE
I'm now a fully independent girlie again, and theres no better feeling

I'm not bragging peeps, just happy cos we live out a bit and having no transport was getting me really down.

Just a few points to note though (helpful head on) we struggled with getting a paultry amount of finance, due to being "asset rich and credit poor". Having all the household bills being in my name didn't help as Matts name was going on the finance as he's earning Proving where he lives and pays bills etc etc was tricky. Also because he hasn't taken his driving test yet (3 month period well and truly laspsed) my insurance lept up by $100 On saying that found a great insurance company called "1st for women" and they are super competetive and offered by far the best options in terms of both cost and service.

Anyway i'm off to do some hooning around the countryside and scare some roos witless

PS used car salesmen are sent from another universe to do anything to make you sign on their dotted line. They are feral, the franchise ones being slightly better than the corner shop ones, BEWARE!!! its a jungle out there
Old Apr 7th 2004, 10:51 pm
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Hi Hev

I just tried to reply to your PM, but YOUR BOX IS FULL AGAIN! (Please remember to empty the Outbox, as well, Hevs dear!)

(Blimey! I sound like the growler that Ron Weasley got in Harry Potter 2!)

I know JUST how you feel, Hevs - it was six months before we could afford a car when we got out here, and pubic transport SUX! (And no - that's NOT mis-spelt!)
Old Apr 7th 2004, 10:54 pm
Badge

Default Re: I've got my status back at last!!!

Excellent.

It means you can drive down to MrsB and ''do lunch''. La bloody la.

nice one.

badge

Old Apr 7th 2004, 10:55 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

grrr that chuffing sent items bit does my nut
tis done now Mr growler or should i say Mrs weasley
Old Apr 7th 2004, 10:56 pm
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by hevs
grrr that chuffing sent items bit does my nut
tis done now Mr growler or should i say Mrs weasley
Shouldn't talk so bloody much then, shouldya?!
Old Apr 8th 2004, 12:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

Brilliant news Hevs.

It must be hard not having transport, especially as you're stuck out there in the sticks

What did you buy? I can just picture it now....Hevs in her V8 commodore, decked out with mags, lowered, massive speakers and sub woofer in the boot, windows tinted really dark, big spa size spoiler on the back, and 4" exhaust coming out the back....hmmm.

Regards
Old Apr 8th 2004, 12:49 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Jaykay
Brilliant news Hevs.

It must be hard not having transport, especially as you're stuck out there in the sticks

What did you buy? I can just picture it now....Hevs in her V8 commodore, decked out with mags, lowered, massive speakers and sub woofer in the boot, windows tinted really dark, big spa size spoiler on the back, and 4" exhaust coming out the back....hmmm.

Regards
Fully sik.
Old Apr 8th 2004, 12:58 am
I like kittens.

Originally posted by bondipom
Fully sik.
Poser!

I'll stick with my V8 Discovery. Nobody gets in the way.... Wonder why that is?
Old Apr 8th 2004, 3:32 am
High in the Dandenongs

Originally posted by Jaykay

Regards
lol at you
nope, its a bus. 7 seats, cup holders, the works
It will work well with the kids, dogs and rellies though
Old Apr 8th 2004, 3:47 am
rudo1ph

I had a little convertible in the UK........but now have a bus too......for when the rellies come - sad isn't it!!!! BUT, I love it!!! Never thought I'd like a "family" car, wouldn't change it now!

Old Apr 8th 2004, 3:58 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally posted by rudo1ph
I had a little convertible in the UK........but now have a bus too......for when the rellies come - sad isn't it!!!! BUT, I love it!!! Never thought I'd like a "family" car, wouldn't change it now!

That's one that should be in this thread -
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=222516

Turning in to your parents, when you buy a fmaily car
Old Apr 8th 2004, 4:00 am
rudo1ph

:scared: what an awful though

Old Apr 8th 2004, 4:08 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: I've got my status back at last!!!

Originally posted by hevs
Yesterday i picked up my very own set of wheels!!!! YIPEE
I'm now a fully independent girlie again, and theres no better feeling

I'm not bragging peeps, just happy cos we live out a bit and having no transport was getting me really down.

Just a few points to note though (helpful head on) we struggled with getting a paultry amount of finance, due to being "asset rich and credit poor". Having all the household bills being in my name didn't help as Matts name was going on the finance as he's earning Proving where he lives and pays bills etc etc was tricky. Also because he hasn't taken his driving test yet (3 month period well and truly laspsed) my insurance lept up by $100 On saying that found a great insurance company called "1st for women" and they are super competetive and offered by far the best options in terms of both cost and service.

Anyway i'm off to do some hooning around the countryside and scare some roos witless

PS used car salesmen are sent from another universe to do anything to make you sign on their dotted line. They are feral, the franchise ones being slightly better than the corner shop ones, BEWARE!!! its a jungle out there

Fountaingate will take a pounding now.
Old Apr 8th 2004, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

Come on Hevs - show us a piccie
Old Apr 8th 2004, 7:32 am
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

is it pink and does it have fluffy toys on the dashboard

arlene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.