Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I've got a job in Melbourne!!

I've got a job in Melbourne!!

Old Aug 26th 2009, 1:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

chilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nice
Default I've got a job in Melbourne!!

I've just been offered & accepted a cracking job in Melbourne ...

... it took some doing 7 interviews, 2 MBTI tests, 1 organisational culture match assessment, 1 "locus of control" assessment, 3 months from start to finish! ...

... But got there in the end

I will be heading out sometime end September / start October, Damn there's alot to sort out over the next week!!
Old Aug 26th 2009, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: I've got a job in Melbourne!!

nice one

hope you have some A$ to go with already coz would hate to be sending at these joke rates!!!! not too bad if know will be earning when get there tho!

Our house on market, soon as sells will be following you!

all the best!
Old Aug 26th 2009, 2:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chilliman

... it took some doing 7 interviews, 2 MBTI tests, 1 organisational culture match assessment, 1 "locus of control" assessment, 3 months from start to finish! ...

I will be heading out sometime end September / start October, Damn there's alot to sort out over the next week!!
Holy crap, congratulations - you didn't do it all over the phone did you - sure it wasn't some random aussie taking the michael
Old Aug 26th 2009, 3:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

chilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nice

Luckily got some $AUD already over there (since 2005) so ok for the time being, like most gutted I missed out on the spike last year!!

I had one interview with the consultant while out in Oz, 3 interviews face to face in the UK (while the interviewer was in the UK), the rest were via Skype video call.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 9:48 pm
No Clean Feed

bigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chilliman

I hope after all the hassle that it's a CEO/CTO position. Jesus they like to put you through the mill don't they.

Al
Old Aug 26th 2009, 9:54 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Great news
Congratulations.
Old Aug 27th 2009, 5:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bigAPE
I hope after all the hassle that it's a CEO/CTO position. Jesus they like to put you through the mill don't they.

Al
Nope not a CEO, Head of Function though so guess they needed to make sure that they were making the right call!?
Old Aug 28th 2009, 6:10 pm
Just Joined

debt-w is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats chillman - nice to see someone with some good news work wise. OH (electrician) me (Bookkeeper) & daughter aged 8 are just about to put our house on the market having validated our visa earlier this year.

We know all about OH retraining and already have ARTC trade recognition but all the job news seems to be doom and gloom even for the least qualified of jobs. We will hopefully becoming with a reasonable amount of savings and are quite prepared to work in Bunnings and Safeway to supplement our money until we can find jobs in our specific areas but I am regularly reading that even these sorts of jobs are almost impossible to get.

We don't feel that the UK has anything to offer us anymore but are starting to become anxious that we would be jumping out of the frying pan into the fire (or BBQ!!lol!)

Would welcome anyones current experiences

Thanks Deb

Old Aug 30th 2009, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

Pastie is just really nicePastie is just really nicePastie is just really nicePastie is just really nicePastie is just really nicePastie is just really nicePastie is just really nicePastie is just really nice

Congratulations!!!!

We are moving to Melbourne too - arriving 27th September so lots to get sorted before then and it's coming around very quickly!!!

I don't have a job yet but hubby does. Very excited and nervous at the mo!! This time next month we'll be there!

}
Old Sep 1st 2009, 10:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by debt-w
Congrats chillman - nice to see someone with some good news work wise. OH (electrician) me (Bookkeeper) & daughter aged 8 are just about to put our house on the market having validated our visa earlier this year.

We know all about OH retraining and already have ARTC trade recognition but all the job news seems to be doom and gloom even for the least qualified of jobs. We will hopefully becoming with a reasonable amount of savings and are quite prepared to work in Bunnings and Safeway to supplement our money until we can find jobs in our specific areas but I am regularly reading that even these sorts of jobs are almost impossible to get.

We don't feel that the UK has anything to offer us anymore but are starting to become anxious that we would be jumping out of the frying pan into the fire (or BBQ!!lol!)

Would welcome anyones current experiences

Thanks Deb

Believe me I have been applying for loads of jobs, you just need to keep thinking positive & keep saying to yourself "I know" I will get one!

Oh & I was applying for jobs in the UK too & nothing was doing here!!
Old Sep 1st 2009, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pastie
Congratulations!!!!

We are moving to Melbourne too - arriving 27th September so lots to get sorted before then and it's coming around very quickly!!!

I don't have a job yet but hubby does. Very excited and nervous at the mo!! This time next month we'll be there!

}
Hey Congrats! Well hubby is sorted so your half way there!

Looks like I have got a little extra time to get out there now .. end October. So more time to get things sorted.

I know what you mean about the "excited / nervous" feeling ... don't know which is the greater!
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 11:44 am
Just Joined

Pastie is just really nicePastie is just really nicePastie is just really nicePastie is just really nicePastie is just really nicePastie is just really nicePastie is just really nicePastie is just really nice

You'll be amazed how quickly the end of October gets here!

Have to make sure that there is a meet up in Melbourne so that everyone arriving Sept/Oct can get together and swap notes!!!

Old Sep 2nd 2009, 11:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pastie
You'll be amazed how quickly the end of October gets here!

Have to make sure that there is a meet up in Melbourne so that everyone arriving Sept/Oct can get together and swap notes!!!

Yeah I know, planning on having my things sorted & packed ready for shipping by the end of next week!?

Also hurridly trying to sort out accomodation for my arrival - the options that the company came up with were pretty pricey!!!

Meet up's a great idea!
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 4:31 pm
Just Joined

Our stuff is being shipped on the 15th so a lot to do before then!!! Trouble is there's too many people to get together with before we go so there's no time to sort things out!!!

We're terrible for leaving things til the last minute! It will all get done though - it has to!!!

Old Sep 2nd 2009, 5:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

I know exactly how you feel - too much to do, too little time!

Like you say we'll get there & sure it will be worth it in the end

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.