Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I've got a job - Hooray!!!!!!

I've got a job - Hooray!!!!!!

Old May 24th 2005, 11:26 am
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough
Talking I've got a job - Hooray!!!!!!

Hi guys,

I found out today that I've got a job - I'm so excited!!!!! I applied for Receptionist position but the Manager said he was so impressed that he offered me a higher job with more money!!! Cool eh!!!!

So I start Monday and I can't wait, although I do admit that I have been enjoying my 2 and half month holiday since I arrived in Brissie!!

And for those of you who know about my driving theory story - hubbie no longer has smug grin on his face for passing his driving theory test, coz I got a job first hahahahaha!!!!

Only problem is I now have 3 days to pass my driving theory test and I need to drive for my new job - so I had better pass!!!!!

Cheers to those who gave me karma previously for the job interview - it obviously worked, lets hope it works when I take the test tomorrow!!

Cheers again

Shell
Old May 24th 2005, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Bhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really nice
Default Re: I've got a job - Hooray!!!!!!

Congratulations, wishing you all the best.
Old May 24th 2005, 11:30 am
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations and good luck with your theory,by the way does everyone moving to Oz have to take the theory test?

Cheers Kris
Old May 24th 2005, 11:33 am
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shecha
Hi guys,

I found out today that I've got a job - I'm so excited!!!!! I applied for Receptionist position but the Manager said he was so impressed that he offered me a higher job with more money!!! Cool eh!!!!

So I start Monday and I can't wait, although I do admit that I have been enjoying my 2 and half month holiday since I arrived in Brissie!!

And for those of you who know about my driving theory story - hubbie no longer has smug grin on his face for passing his driving theory test, coz I got a job first hahahahaha!!!!

Only problem is I now have 3 days to pass my driving theory test and I need to drive for my new job - so I had better pass!!!!!

Cheers to those who gave me karma previously for the job interview - it obviously worked, lets hope it works when I take the test tomorrow!!

Cheers again

Shell
Congratulations Shell!
Old May 24th 2005, 11:36 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Shell!
Another reason to celebrate on Saturday - your job plus Michelle's gold medal, what a week
Old May 24th 2005, 11:38 am
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of

Hi guys,

Cheers again

Shell
Congratulations on the job front! And good luck with the theory test. If you take it at the Elizabeth St. centre then even if you fail it, the chances are you'll get the same test the next day - I did!

I failed by one damn point and asked if I'd be doing the exact same test the following day and was told that there are 6 test sheets that do the rounds and that I wouldn't be doing the same test.

You can imagine my delight at then doing the exact same test the following day and passing!

Just remember the give way to the right rule - it appears if there's a car to your left - sod them off, you have right of way!!

And in answer to Kris - you have to take a theory test here in Queensland within three months of arrival. Not sure about other states, plenty of threads on it though.

R
Old May 24th 2005, 11:59 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

you don't need to take your car test if on a temporary visa, you just drive on your uk one
Old May 24th 2005, 12:08 pm
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

Thanks everone for your replies!!!

Just swotting up now for my driving theory test!

Rob, you are so lucky to have the same tests twice - my previous 2 tests were different - but perhaps I'll be lucky and get one of those 2 again tomorrow!!!

Polly, you're right - great reasons to celebrate (not that we need excuses mind) and what better than a new job and Chelles gold medal!!

Chelle, Good on you girl for getting your medals - but I dare you to wear the gold medal out Saturday girl!!!!! Will be very sexy!!!

Cheers again

Shell
Old May 24th 2005, 12:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Well done!!! all the best for Monday and good luck with the test

Sue
Old May 24th 2005, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

LindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the rough

Chelle, Good on you girl for getting your medals - but I dare you to wear the gold medal out Saturday girl!!!!! Will be very sexy!!!

Shell
If Chelle has to wear her medals, you'll need to bring your contract and your new driving licence with you! I have every faith that you'll get it tomorrow. Congratulations on the new job...back to reality girl. At least you can lord it over your hubby!

Congrats to Chelle the double medal winner too...just in case she hears her name being mentioned.

I'll not see you on Saturday night: as I have no idea where we are meeting, not sure if my clothes are funky enough, I'm afraid that I might meet some nutters from the Internet, and there is no way I can leave the house in case burglars pop round whilst I am out!
Old May 24th 2005, 1:11 pm
In Brisbane at last!!!

Originally Posted by LindyLoo
If Chelle has to wear her medals, you'll need to bring your contract and your new driving licence with you! I have every faith that you'll get it tomorrow. Congratulations on the new job...back to reality girl. At least you can lord it over your hubby!

Congrats to Chelle the double medal winner too...just in case she hears her name being mentioned.

I'll not see you on Saturday night: as I have no idea where we are meeting, not sure if my clothes are funky enough, I'm afraid that I might meet some nutters from the Internet, and there is no way I can leave the house in case burglars pop round whilst I am out!

Hi Lindyloo,

Cheers for your congrats!!! You're right - back to reality now!!

I've sent Chelle a text telling her to check out this thread - so we'll see whether she's gonna take the dare and wear her medals!!! Knowing her she probably will!!!

Oh and hubby says that I have to introduce myself as 'smug git' now!! lol!!!!

See ya Saturday!!

Shell
Old May 24th 2005, 2:03 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Shell!!!

Thats great news & best of luck with the Theory test

Donna.
Old May 24th 2005, 5:45 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Hiya Smug Git,
Many congrats Shell, I bet you are milking it for all it's worth, pmsl.
Good luck with driving test, I think this is definitely going to be your week.
Thanks for the txt.
Love and massive Welsh hugs
Sarah
Old May 24th 2005, 10:32 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Hi Lindyloo,

Cheers for your congrats!!! You're right - back to reality now!!

I've sent Chelle a text telling her to check out this thread - so we'll see whether she's gonna take the dare and wear her medals!!! Knowing her she probably will!!!

Oh and hubby says that I have to introduce myself as 'smug git' now!! lol!!!!

See ya Saturday!!

Shell

Ah-ha... so here is The Dare... Well, I'll accept your dare (though I think the medals are all silver sort of colour, its the ribbons that were different) but I'm right behind LindyLoo's idea of you bringing out a driving licence and contract too
Old May 24th 2005, 11:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

funkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant future

Hi guys,

Cheers again

Shell
Congratulations Shell, bet your well chuffed, Well Done and best of luck with your test.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.