Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I've got it!!!!!!!!!!

I've got it!!!!!!!!!!

Old Aug 19th 2004, 5:50 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default I've got it!!!!!!!!!!

managed to get VB last week for $32 ..( 30 pk of cans)
( Jayr Is this issue Australian and meaninless enough for this forum do you think? .. it's about something meaningless) ... I'm pushing it

( P.s I'm on your side on this one.. and I don't take allegiances.. except when I swore in the ceremony..lol.).

Last edited by Ceri; Aug 19th 2004 at 5:56 am.
Old Aug 19th 2004, 5:57 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I've got it!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations! Yee ha.

We still got the beer wars in hypermarkets here which means you can get half litre cans of no-name 5% ABV German-brewed beer for 22p.

Milk wars on as well, litre for 25p.
Old Aug 19th 2004, 6:02 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally Posted by The Don
Congratulations! Yee ha.

We still got the beer wars in hypermarkets here which means you can get half litre cans of no-name 5% ABV German-brewed beer for 22p.

Milk wars on as well, litre for 25p.
try getting non Aussie wine in Aus. unbelievable.( australian wine all tastes like pish to me)

"Anyways"... The price of kilkenny nobody cares about this ... it's almost $70 here... unbelievable.

this is a very Australian thread isn't it? lol
Old Aug 19th 2004, 6:09 am
Y Ddraig Goch

And what about the important issue of lettuce?

"I haven't got it yet!!!!!"

Mind you I did buy a lettuce for 90 something cents last week.. then it went up to $1.45 again.

I reckon we should have a lettuce meet!

And will my DVD player work if I stuff an iceberg in the tray.

And Can I watch corrie if I'm eating lettuce.

and what about my lettuce driving offences.

And can I claim the home grant while eating lettuces... or should I be drinking PG tips
Old Aug 19th 2004, 6:12 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ceri
managed to get VB last week for $32 ..( 30 pk of cans)
( Jayr Is this issue Australian and meaninless enough for this forum do you think? .. it's about something meaningless) ... I'm pushing it

( P.s I'm on your side on this one.. and I don't take allegiances.. except when I swore in the ceremony..lol.).

Congratulations! I've had my fingers crossed for you for ages! I knew you'd get it in the end after all that worrying. How long did it take from start to finish? You should put your timeline up. I'm hoping to get mine next week. The postie thinks I'm mad, asking him every day if he's got any VB for me
Old Aug 19th 2004, 6:17 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Originally Posted by jayr
Congratulations! I've had my fingers crossed for you for ages! I knew you'd get it in the end after all that worrying. How long did it take from start to finish? You should put your timeline up. I'm hoping to get mine next week. The postie thinks I'm mad, asking him every day if he's got any VB for me
I'm so excited jayr..; so I'll add another !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good on yer! and good luck with the postie

( P.s this thread is bound to be closed! lol) .. don't know why because we are all very excited about talking about these Aus issues which are good, and not bad.. and very meaningless

Last edited by Ceri; Aug 19th 2004 at 6:23 am.
Old Aug 19th 2004, 6:25 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so excited jayr..; so I'll add another !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good on yer! and good luck with the postie

( P.s this thread is bound to be closed! lol) .. don't know why because we are all very excited and taling about Aus issues which are good, and not bad

Did you manage to get the First VB Owners grant? I've got enough money to buy a whole case but I heard the government would give me some money anyway. Australia, it really is the Lucky Country isn't it!

By the way, did I tell you that I've always felt Australian and never really fitted in in the UK? Ever since I first saw Neighbours.

I've been preparing for the last 25 years, having given up my lucrative career as a stockbroker and divorced my wife, I've now only got to tell my eldery parents that they won't ever see me again and dump my friends and I'll have made it. It's all been worth it so far...
Old Aug 19th 2004, 6:31 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Did you manage to get the First VB Owners grant? I've got enough money to buy a whole case but I heard the government would give me some money anyway. Australia, it really is the Lucky Country isn't it!

By the way, did I tell you that I've always felt Australian and never really fitted in in the UK? Ever since I first saw Neighbours.

I've been preparing for the last 25 years, having given up my lucrative career as a stockbroker and divorced my wife, I've now only got to tell my eldery parents that they won't ever see me again and dump my friends and I'll have made it. It's all been worth it so far...

Damn I mised out on that one.( it used to be $12,000 VB's... I got the $10, 000) . I brew my own when I can be bothered... I am neighbours!!! I'm the one who always gets bitten by a spider or something..lol... but I am Australian.. even though I've only been here for five minutes.
Old Aug 19th 2004, 6:41 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Damn I mised out on that one.( it used to be $12,000 VB's... I got the $10, 000) . I brew my own when I can be bothered... I am neighbours!!! I'm the one who always gets bitten by a spider or something..lol... but I am Australian.. even though I've only been here for five minutes.
Are the spiders really as big as a case of VB? Can you use VB to cure a spider bite? Or is marmite better?
Old Aug 19th 2004, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by JulesandChris
Are the spiders really as big as a case of VB? Can you use VB to cure a spider bite? Or is marmite better?
I read on here that the oz marmite is made with light beer, whereas the uk marmite is made with dark? Will that affect it?
Oh and congratulations for getting it!
Old Aug 19th 2004, 6:46 am
Y Ddraig Goch

no they are as big as ute... some big as a house, and you want vegemite not marmite... cures all
Old Aug 19th 2004, 6:46 am
Karma Comedian

I've heard it's best to drop the case of VB on the spider. Anyway, I'm not coming if they've got spiders, despite chasing my dream for the last 25 years and spending thousands of pounds.

Where can I get Marmite?
Old Aug 19th 2004, 6:47 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Marmite is obviously the better, though not as good as Walkers crisps...
Old Aug 19th 2004, 6:47 am

I've heard it's best to drop the case of VB on the spider. Anyway, I'm not coming if they've got spiders, despite chasing my dream for the last 25 years and spending thousands of pounds.

Where can I get Marmite?
Apparently they have red tops - but I can't remember if thats the spiders or the marmite jars?
Old Aug 19th 2004, 6:50 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Where can I get Marmite?
best thing to do with VB

Actually last night, on my hall wall ... my huntsmen are coming back. I love them _ I'm serious. I had one on my wall last night... he's so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Ceri; Aug 19th 2004 at 6:55 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.