Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I've given up .... ...

I've given up .... ...

Old Jun 26th 2003, 6:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold
Wink I've given up .... ...

Men don't they get on yout nerves, we had out flights reserved as follows

LA - fiji _ New Zealand _ Brisbane _ Singapore - Home (open return)

Hubby says not sure about LA lets go to Florida I've seen this on the Tv and it looks cool, so I research it, where to stay,Typhoon Lagoon real surf waves that are perfect, I even start getting in the mood for Florida, (always avoided America) come home tonight and yes you've guessed another no I don't want to go let's go ..... mmm I think he's yet to decide.

WHAT PART OF THE WORD DECISION DOES HE NOT UNDERSTAND.

Sorry I've done some deep beathing, I find it quite funny, while I'm organising everything he's concerned with what place to stop at first.

Please don't take this as me upset I'm laughing, any other places in the States that anyone can recommend, I've always fancied Dallas or Texas, any idea's would be appreciated and may save my nervous breakdown.

Old Jun 26th 2003, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

stooly is an unknown quantity at this point

Virginia, great beaches, great people and good places to visit. If you like that kind of stuff. Lived there for 3 years and love everyday. Richmond, Virginia beach has great surf, Willliamsburg the list is endless.

Good luck in the search. Don't worry I am in the same boat with my husband.
It changes everyday.
Old Jun 26th 2003, 7:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

Thanks for that, that is also another place I fancied, I shall pop that on the list.

I'm glad I'm not the only one have you decided yet then ?
Old Jun 26th 2003, 8:58 pm
gOD
Forum Regular

gOD is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I've given up .... ...

Originally posted by Carrianne

Hubby says not sure about LA lets go to Florida I've seen this on the Tv and it looks cool, so I research it, where to stay,Typhoon Lagoon real surf waves that are perfect, I even start getting in the mood for Florida, (always avoided America) come home tonight and yes you've guessed another no I don't want to go let's go ..... mmm I think he's yet to decide.

Sorry I've done some deep beathing, I find it quite funny, while I'm organising everything he's concerned with what place to stop at first.

Please don't take this as me upset I'm laughing, any other places in the States that anyone can recommend, I've always fancied Dallas or Texas, any idea's would be appreciated and may save my nervous breakdown.

I love Dallas (and Texas). Great steaks, great mexican. Worth going just to see the people in cowboy hats and business suits, complete with snakeskin boots And of course the sign on the restaurants asking people to leave their guns at the counter.

Make sure you see an ice-hockey game (Dallas Stars are the local team) and check out the grassy knoll.

Great place. Second favourite city in the US after San Fran.
Old Jun 26th 2003, 11:00 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

San Francisco for city life, hire a car and drive down the ocean road to, Carmel, Big Sur and numerous other places. Go over the Golden Gate up to the redwood forests North. Travel the Bay Bridge out to Berkley and shop around the university. Watch a baseball or football game. Go to Alcatraz - enjoy the trams and the city nightlife, go to the beach and surf out by Half Moon Bay, take a whale watching trip - enjoy the masses of different seafood restaurants and the great Tex Mexs - ah the chips and salsa! Fantastic place and just masses to do I could go on depending on how much time there is - you can take short trips out from San Fran over to Reno if it is gambling you like, much smaller size than Vegas but good fun and you can ski at Lake Tahoe on the way through depending on the time of year. Also there are the trips to the National Parks - Yosemite etc.

Reasonable prices flights down to Vegas or up to Vancouver can extend the places you see.

Cheers
Old Jun 27th 2003, 2:40 am
BE Enthusiast

april is an unknown quantity at this point

I see you are from Scotland I just got back, and may I say what a beautiful place, I will never brag about Canada's scenery this is one of the prettiest place I have ever seen..............Stay home "lol"
Old Jun 27th 2003, 3:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks GOD, Sandra and April, they way you talk I will end up on tour of America before I get to Oz.

Again thank you for the suggestions I shall put them to hubby.
Old Jun 28th 2003, 10:03 pm
We arrived november 2004

kentcoast is an unknown quantity at this point

What about New Orleans great place to relax, San Fran wonderful if you have left any kids at home Napa Valley wine tours fantastic. New York great in the snow and at new year, drive down the west coast from Vancouver to Los Angeles great scenery. To many holidays so many great places. I am sure what ever part of the states you choose you will have a great time.

Have fun

Sarah
Old Jul 1st 2003, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

Bella will become famous soon enough

I would recommend San Francisco, Yosemite National Park or my fave, New York. If you like big bustling crazy cities it can't be beat. However, if you want somewehere a little more easy then Frisco is a good bet.