Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I've been home for 1 year!!!

I've been home for 1 year!!!

Old Oct 7th 2005, 1:19 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I've been home for 1 year!!!

I cant believe I have been back that long already!!! 1 year today since I bought my Brit Hubby home to Bendigo, Victoria with me.

Alot has happened this year....boy has it gone fast.

Have had some problems with Hubby's being homesick. Actually I was quite surprised with how quickly that set in for him. In under a month of us being here I could really feel the difference in him. He was down and uncommunicative. He was lethargic and just didnt seem to have any motivation to do anything. We have had some pretty emotional times between us but have finally managed to come out the other end.

Finally Pauls dads house sold and the Estate was finalised just last month. We have bought our first home together, we both have cars, hobbies, friends and a social life we only dreamed about in the UK. Paul has finally settled into his job and is actually enjoying it. He even got called into the bosses office the other day and was told what a great job he is doing and they are really impressed with his productivity and attitude at work. Not bad considering a few months ago he had his second official warning

So, I think even with the struggles in getting Paul established and familiar with Australia and settling him into a new life which he would probably never have chosen except that he met me, things have fallen into place. I dont think Paul would want to go back to the UK now even if I did!!

Hels
Old Oct 7th 2005, 1:39 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I've been home for 1 year!!!

boy!!that time has gone quick :scared:

glad to hear things are working out for you guys,its hard sometimes at the start but im sure it passes for most people
cant believe we ve been here 10wks already,but on the other hand i cant even think about going back

tracey
Originally Posted by Hels
I cant believe I have been back that long already!!! 1 year today since I bought my Brit Hubby home to Bendigo, Victoria with me.

Alot has happened this year....boy has it gone fast.

Have had some problems with Hubby's being homesick. Actually I was quite surprised with how quickly that set in for him. In under a month of us being here I could really feel the difference in him. He was down and uncommunicative. He was lethargic and just didnt seem to have any motivation to do anything. We have had some pretty emotional times between us but have finally managed to come out the other end.

Finally Pauls dads house sold and the Estate was finalised just last month. We have bought our first home together, we both have cars, hobbies, friends and a social life we only dreamed about in the UK. Paul has finally settled into his job and is actually enjoying it. He even got called into the bosses office the other day and was told what a great job he is doing and they are really impressed with his productivity and attitude at work. Not bad considering a few months ago he had his second official warning

So, I think even with the struggles in getting Paul established and familiar with Australia and settling him into a new life which he would probably never have chosen except that he met me, things have fallen into place. I dont think Paul would want to go back to the UK now even if I did!!

Hels
Old Oct 7th 2005, 1:49 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by scissors
boy!!that time has gone quick :scared:

glad to hear things are working out for you guys,its hard sometimes at the start but im sure it passes for most people
cant believe we ve been here 10wks already,but on the other hand i cant even think about going back

tracey

I know, Tracey...It seems just like yesterday my Mum picked us up from the Airport....but its funny when looking back at everything that has happened in one year!! How do we cram it all in??

Tell Gary that I hope things are going well for him at work and we are still coming up in March so will want to catch up with you guys!!!!

Glad you are happy here, Tracey. Glad to see things are working out well for your family and it will be really nice to catch up next year.

Hels
Old Oct 7th 2005, 2:29 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

I cant believe I have been back that long already!!! 1 year today since I bought my Brit Hubby

Us guys prefer buying filipino wives but you go out & buy a British hubby.

Old Oct 7th 2005, 2:55 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bordy
Us guys prefer buying filipino wives but you go out & buy a British hubby.

I never claimed to be normal Bill!!!!

Mum said once that most people go travelling and bring home a Tshirt.....I just had to go one better!! hehe
Old Oct 7th 2005, 3:34 am
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Helen !!!
Congrats on your first year home
and tell Paul to get off his butt and take you out for dinner tonight

seriously though, its great to hear everythings fallen into place for you guys, im glad Pauls settled down a bit now, i know first hand how awful homesickness is so its good to know hes happy and settled (and you too of course!!)

fee xxx
Old Oct 7th 2005, 3:55 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

I think that this thread should have been entitled.......'Cas has had to put up with me for nearly the whole year I have been back'
Old Oct 7th 2005, 4:07 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
I think that this thread should have been entitled.......'Cas has had to put up with me for nearly the whole year I have been back'

I was thinking something more like...."Cas who????"
Old Oct 7th 2005, 4:19 am
Account Closed

I was thinking something more like...."Cas who????"
Huh !!

Good job I luv you loads !!
Old Oct 7th 2005, 4:22 am
Account Closed

Huh !!

Good job I luv you loads !!

How could you NOT luv me?? I am so cute and cuddly!!
Old Oct 7th 2005, 4:24 am
Account Closed

How could you NOT luv me?? I am so cute and cuddly!!
Could think of a few reasons ..........like not giving up smoking with me, and so filling your NEW garden with pollution.....

WORD.
Old Oct 7th 2005, 4:30 am
Account Closed

Could think of a few reasons ..........like not giving up smoking with me, and so filling your NEW garden with pollution.....

WORD.

I will give you lots of reasons you SHOULD when I see ya tomorrow, girly!!!

WORD WORD WORD WORD WORD WORD............& WORD!!!
Old Oct 7th 2005, 9:32 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Hells bells is it really a year since you had that op in Miami ?

Don't time fly.

Now for a year in the new home eh ?

If I ever get lost in Vic I may look you up.