Reload this Page >

i've arrived!!!!!!!!!

i've arrived!!!!!!!!!

Old May 9th 2004, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

brummie bird is on a distinguished road
Default i've arrived!!!!!!!!!

Hello all,

Quick update, arrived in Perth last Tuesday. Flew with Singapore airlines, very good. Films and TV on demand lots of comp games for kids.

First night stayed at observation city on Scarborough beach, watched a beautiful sunset. Stormy weather today but the last few days have been lovely and warm.

We are staying in an unfurnished house on Carramar golf estate, house is fab, clean well decorated and a POOL!!!!!

We arrived in the house on weds, and by friday we had purchased and had delivered 3 piece suite, walk in fridge!!, dining suite 3 double beds with quilts pillows and covers, all my kitchen bits and bobs. We now have enough to keep going. We are enrolling the children tommorow in a beautiful private school 2 mins walk away. ($2500 pa how good is that) Buying a car this week.

I feel very happy & lucky to finally be here, i know these next few weeks will be difficult, my son who is 11 says constantly that he wants to go home, which realy upsets me, as he was all for the move, right up until a few days b4 we came. I am realy hoping that by going to school he will make friends and settle.

I will keep you all updated, as it is very early days, but heres to a happy future for my family, it feels right, and my husband already feels like he could make it home.

Good luck to all still waiting for the Visa, you will soon be living the Dream!!!!!!

Regards

Angie.
Old May 9th 2004, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

moomin has a spectacular aura aboutmoomin has a spectacular aura aboutmoomin has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: i've arrived!!!!!!!!!

let me be the first to congratulate you - from one brummie bird to another!

keep us posted and best of luck
Old May 9th 2004, 1:57 pm
Next stop Gold coast

plumber is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done Brummie bird ......keep us posted , good luck in your new home!

all the best plum
Old May 9th 2004, 2:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Lucky you Brummie bird, We had a look around that estate when we were on holiday last year ! it was lovely. How do you manage to find a rental property with a pool ? they seem to be very rare .

P.s Im sure your kids will settle once they have made some friends.

Good luck

Nicky
Old May 9th 2004, 2:48 pm
Reticent Member

she'llberight is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: i've arrived!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by brummie bird
Hello all,

Quick update, arrived in Perth last Tuesday. Flew with Singapore airlines, very good. Films and TV on demand lots of comp games for kids.

First night stayed at observation city on Scarborough beach, watched a beautiful sunset. Stormy weather today but the last few days have been lovely and warm.

We are staying in an unfurnished house on Carramar golf estate, house is fab, clean well decorated and a POOL!!!!!

We arrived in the house on weds, and by friday we had purchased and had delivered 3 piece suite, walk in fridge!!, dining suite 3 double beds with quilts pillows and covers, all my kitchen bits and bobs. We now have enough to keep going. We are enrolling the children tommorow in a beautiful private school 2 mins walk away. ($2500 pa how good is that) Buying a car this week.

I feel very happy & lucky to finally be here, i know these next few weeks will be difficult, my son who is 11 says constantly that he wants to go home, which realy upsets me, as he was all for the move, right up until a few days b4 we came. I am realy hoping that by going to school he will make friends and settle.

I will keep you all updated, as it is very early days, but heres to a happy future for my family, it feels right, and my husband already feels like he could make it home.

Good luck to all still waiting for the Visa, you will soon be living the Dream!!!!!!

Regards

Angie.
Angie,

Congratulations on making it over there.

Sounds like you and your husband have the right attitude for making a go of it. And your son, I'm sure once he's at school, made new friends he'll settle in with no trouble. We have 2 boys (10 & 12) and that's my concern that they will want to come home as soon as we get there because reality sets it quickly. My heart goes out to you but I'm sure all will be OK. Please let us know how your son gets on.

Best wishes to you all,

Val
Old May 9th 2004, 3:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

pockygoes will become famous soon enough

Wow there at last - congratulations!

Sounds like you have made a very brisk start & are finding your feet straight away. We visited an old school friend in Carramar while we were over in January - they love it there & she has 2 kids who love it too. I am sure that once your son is at school he will never look back - it is all about being with boys the same age - when they clisk - you will remind him about when he first arrived & wanted to go home. Stick with it.

good luck & keep us informed

cheers

pockygoes
Old May 9th 2004, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

dave.t is an unknown quantity at this point

You lucky...lucky....lucky B's!!!!

We'll be there with you soon...keep that beer cold

We're getting together with the other pair soon and we'll have a few jars (or several) for absent friends o.k?

The wife says she'll talk to you in the week. Our bloody phone bill is gonna get really silly now!!!!
Old May 9th 2004, 5:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

Good luck BB - we wish you the best of luck
Old May 9th 2004, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

bonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant future

Originally posted by dave.t
You lucky...lucky....lucky B's!!!!

We'll be there with you soon...keep that beer cold

We're getting together with the other pair soon and we'll have a few jars (or several) for absent friends o.k?

The wife says she'll talk to you in the week. Our bloody phone bill is gonna get really silly now!!!!
Hi there bb,
we are flying over on the 2nd june and staying down the road from you (ocean reef)We have just booked our acommadation,
hope we settle in as well as what you have,
natasha