British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Its Xmas Eve -Whats the weather doing where you are? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/its-xmas-eve-whats-weather-doing-where-you-501408/)

jonah38 Dec 24th 2007 12:08 am

Its Xmas Eve -Whats the weather doing where you are?

Whats the day got in store for you. Not looking good for a white xmas in UK - although we only need one snow flake to fall on London to be an official white xmas:confused:

Merry Christmas:thumbsup:

natalieml Dec 24th 2007 12:10 am

Re: Its Xmas Eve -Whats the weather doing where you are?

God yeah, the weather here (UK) is pants, it's cold and frosty! This time 2 years ago I was getting ready to get very drunk on bondi beach sunbathing in my Santa Hat.

Oh well, hopefully only one more year here and then i'll be back in Cairns - YEY!!!!

Wendy Dec 24th 2007 12:11 am

Today is 23 degrees, a little bit chilly and very cloudy.

Tomorrow is forecast as 28 (but it can and does change :D). Boxing day is supposed to be 30, then 36 for the rest of the week.

It's been a strange year in SA for the weather. The winter was really cold - last year was warmer (or maybe I've aclimatised now :unsure:) The Spring was pretty hot in parts, some 35+ days in there. The summer so far has been anything from 19 to 40 :blink: So all in all a bit up and down :D

Weirdstone Dec 24th 2007 12:15 am

Originally Posted by Wendy (Post 5700663)
Today is 23 degrees, a little bit chilly and very cloudy.

Tomorrow is forecast as 28 (but it can and does change :D). Boxing day is supposed to be 30, then 36 for the rest of the week.

It's been a strange year in SA for the weather. The winter was really cold - last year was warmer (or maybe I've aclimatised now :unsure:) The Spring was pretty hot in parts, some 35+ days in there. The summer so far has been anything from 19 to 40 :blink: So all in all a bit up and down :D

We've had the same sort of weather here in Melbourne - including some crazy storms last week....28C and pelting it down.

Wendy Dec 24th 2007 12:18 am

Originally Posted by Weirdstone (Post 5700667)
We've had the same sort of weather here in Melbourne - including some crazy storms last week....28C and pelting it down.

Yeah, we had really bad storms over the weekend - one of my peach trees fell down :ohmy: Luckily it was at the bottom of the garden :D

jonah38 Dec 24th 2007 12:22 am

Just had a very 'missing you' teary chat with our daughter in Melbourne. Says weather is appalling and hasnt stopped raining for days. She was hoping to have a bbq today but has to settle for a charbq instead:rofl:

fraser Dec 24th 2007 12:25 am

Is that a typo because it's 17c and raining here. The same is forcast for tomorrow.

jonah38 Dec 24th 2007 12:31 am

Originally Posted by fraser (Post 5700683)
Is that a typo because it's 17c and raining here. The same is forcast for tomorrow.

Where are you?

fryertuck Dec 24th 2007 12:35 am

Here in Lincoln (UK) not sure exactly what temperature it is..but its very cold!! There has been a frost around most of the day in places...hopefully will be in the sun with a warmer temperature next xmas!! :thumbsup:

fraser Dec 24th 2007 12:36 am

Originally Posted by jonah38 (Post 5700689)
Where are you?

Melbourne.

datamile Dec 24th 2007 12:48 am

Brissy is 26c, and overcast. Humidity at 58%, no rain today

Pollyana Dec 24th 2007 12:56 am

Originally Posted by datamile (Post 5700716)
Brissy is 26c, and overcast. Humidity at 58%, no rain today

And if it could stay that way for the next 7 days I'll be happy.....no storms, please, I don't want to work too hard:)

Glasgowlass Dec 24th 2007 12:57 am

I'm enjoying the cooler weather in Adelaide actually. Better for having the oven on all morning! Don't worry it's still hotter than the UK though:p

Hutch Dec 24th 2007 1:08 am

Currently 23 degrees and sunny with some cloud here - just back from the beach. :)

harveyhare Dec 24th 2007 1:20 am

36 here in Perth and forcast 38 for the big day :)

Di