Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

It's that time again! ... :(

It's that time again! ... :(

Old Sep 15th 2005, 3:35 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all
Default It's that time again! ... :(

Well that time has come that I must admit I've dreaded since joining up with BE.

GLOBAL IGNORE!

Paranoid maybe, but a gut feeling that isn't good ...

I'm thread killing a plenty and most posts ARE ignored, which is fine, but why bother I can't help feel ...

My problem is I rely too much on BE for lots of things. Not just the help with Immigration, but for friendships and fun. I can't help but feel I've become stale and that's no good to anyone!

I've had a few nasty comments from ppl, some even via karma, but they've stopped since the persons name is included with the msg, but I appreciate the world is made up with 'allsorts' and everyone DOESN'T get on with everyone!

I also have to say I'm a bit fed up with all this 'Gold Coast' bashing! I seem to read a post a day where someone slags the place off, which I guess is fine as we are all entitled to our opinions, but hey! .... I actually like the place!

Time for a break me thinks!
Old Sep 15th 2005, 3:44 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: It's that time again! ... :(

Originally Posted by Jim2004
Well that time has come that I must admit I've dreaded since joining up with BE.

GLOBAL IGNORE!

I'm thread killing a plenty and most posts ARE ignored, which is fine, but why bother I can't help feel ...

My problem is I rely too much on BE for lots of things. Not just the help with Immigration, but for friendships and fun. I can't help but feel I've become stale and that's no good to anyone!

I've had a few nasty comments from ppl, some even via karma, but they've stopped since the persons name is included with the msg, but I appreciate the world is made up with 'allsorts' and everyone DOESN'T get on with everyone!

I also have to say I'm a bit fed up with all this 'Gold Coast' bashing! I seem to read a post a day where someone slags the place off, which I guess is fine as we are all entitled to our opinions, but hey! .... I actually like the place!

Im not ignoring you!
Old Sep 15th 2005, 3:53 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry about it ... I am a great thread killer ... I have probably killed this one so please accept my apologys

Been plenty of Perth bashing too but I choose not to let it get me down ... I will find out for myself

Sent you some happy K and have a couple of these

Sel x
Old Sep 15th 2005, 3:55 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

I ain't ignoring you either. And yea, different strokes/different folks and all that. Don't recall reading anything especially contentious in your posts - wondering what the karma digs were about ...
Old Sep 15th 2005, 3:56 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

GLOBAL IGNORE!

Sorry you feel that way. Unfortunately I can see where you are coming from. Of late is clearly apparant that its trollville central here which really doesnt help anyone - Aussie forum bashing seems to be flavor of the week. If I were a suspicious person, which I am, I would even say that there is an individual with lots of user names at the moment. One person (dizzy f**k) even boasted 30 odd I recall. If true, things like that dont make a happy playground. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion of course, but they are ultimately what they believe and they will not change the values and goals I hold dear.

I'm with you - I love Australia. I'm emigrating to become an Australian Citizen. Its not for everyone and thats a good thing. There are still plenty of good posts around and no doubt they will be waiting for you on your return
Old Sep 15th 2005, 4:00 pm
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
Sorry you feel that way. Unfortunately I can see where you are coming from. Of late is clearly apparant that its trollville central here which really doesnt help anyone - Aussie forum bashing seems to be flavor of the week. If I were a suspicious person, which I am, I would even say that there is an individual with lots of user names at the moment. One person (dizzy f**k) even boasted 30 odd I recall. If true, things like that dont make a happy playground. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion of course, but they are ultimately what they believe and they will not change the values and goals I hold dear.

I'm with you - I love Australia. I'm emigrating to become an Australian Citizen. Its not for everyone and thats a good thing. There are still plenty of good posts around and no doubt they will be waiting for you on your return
Well put
Old Sep 15th 2005, 4:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really nice

GLOBAL IGNORE!

My philosophy is fairly simple.. Most things in life are subjective, and if you want to like Oz and make a success of it then you will.. If you don't, then you will find reasons to not like where you are, whether it is Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney etc etc... Everyone has different wants and needs so what is right for one person may not be perfect for another, however it is what you make of the situation that you are in that counts.

There are some things that make it harder, e.g. missing family, difficulty in finding a job, missing friends.. However by building a new social network in Oz then you will meet new friends which will help alleviate some of the home sickness. The more contacts you make and the wider your social network the easier it will be to find a job as much of life in oz is about who you know etc. If you keep your focus on the past, how can you ever hope to enjoy or succeed in the future???

As for trolls etc, I find the easiest thing to do is not bite, and just ignore them. It is only because they get a reaction that they continue. I must admit I find it difficult to understand why people like to bait and abuse other people, however that is the way some people are, they want some significance, importance and connection and that is their way of finding it.

Every country/place/job etc has good points and bad points, you can either focus on the good and enjoy life, or focus on the bad and be miserable :-)

:-)

Alex (enough thoughts for the day !)
Old Sep 15th 2005, 4:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of
Talking Re: It's that time again! ... :(

GLOBAL IGNORE!

Hi Jim

I feel like this too, i seem to kill threads or peeps ignore mine, I think there has been a lot of cr@p on this site lately but dont give up, I really enjoyed your posts. KEEP SMILING. Hopefully this site will cheer up now the trolls are off, it was really friendly when i first joined.

Laura
Old Sep 15th 2005, 4:26 pm
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

give over jimbo your a star, i kill almost every thread i go on but lucky for me i have skin like a rhino and i also could'nt give a flying **** if people like me or not stick with it jim
Old Sep 15th 2005, 4:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

((((((((big hug Paul))))))))))
Hilaryxx
Old Sep 15th 2005, 4:46 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lucyb
Im not ignoring you!
Me neither....
Old Sep 15th 2005, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

TracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really nice

GLOBAL IGNORE!

Hi Paul,

My fellow student!!!! Keep posting and ignore those that should be ignored. I for one answer as many of your questions as I can. Hows things going? Any buyers for the house yet? Our visa application has been at Oz House since last Tuesday so hopefully we will have an answer next week. Can't think of any reason why it would be refused but can't help worry anyway.

Keep me posted.

Tracy
Old Sep 15th 2005, 5:12 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

GLOBAL IGNORE!

dont go mate - i still love you!! and remember when we all panicked on 7/7 because we were all worried about you!! now doesnt that give you a warm fuzzy glow mate!!
Old Sep 15th 2005, 5:20 pm
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

GLOBAL IGNORE!

Hey Stay, if all the good helpful friendly people keep going the Trolls and nasty people will have won and its people like us who depend on this site for advice and support through this whole process who will suffer in the long run!!

Be Happy

Kris xx
Old Sep 15th 2005, 5:23 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Paul, you're going to have to help me here - where are all the threads about the Gold Coast being awful

Granted MrsD doesn't like it but I haven't read anything negative for ages. Will go and have a look.

As for being on ignore - well now you are living in cloud cookoo land. We all get the "last post" at some point. Nothing personal. Stop feeling sorry for yourself you great loaf Anyone would think you have PMT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.