Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

It's taken me over a year but finally i've got...

It's taken me over a year but finally i've got...

Old Feb 25th 2005, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of
Smile It's taken me over a year but finally i've got...

DSL Broadband

This is the first house out of 3 that we have been able to get it and boy it is just like the good ole' surfing days back in the Uk. Fast and furious.

Watch out I may get back on the site, gone but not forgotten (by some of u ole' timers anyway)

I can look at pictures again

For all interested I am with Optusnet and got free connection including theModem. 3 months free use a year and either $39 - 400mb or $49- 1 GB per month for the other 9. Not bad ehh it is actually cheaper than dial up as there are no phone calls either.
Old Feb 25th 2005, 11:03 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's taken me over a year but finally i've got...

Originally Posted by tinaj
DSL Broadband

This is the first house out of 3 that we have been able to get it and boy it is just like the good ole' surfing days back in the Uk. Fast and furious.

Watch out I may get back on the site, gone but not forgotten (by some of u ole' timers anyway)

For all interested I am with Optusnet and got free connection including theModem. 3 months free use a year and either $39 - 400mb or $49- 1 GB per month for the other 9. Not bad ehh it is actually cheaper than dial up as there are no phone calls either.
Sounds good to me!! I know for def we'll have to get broadband....my lot wouldn't survive without it!!
Old Feb 25th 2005, 11:13 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

We are having a nightmare with it all at the moment finally got the package delivered,then you have to wait till they test your line & we,ve been fobbed off with every excuse under the sun! were told yesterday that we would at last be able to set it up tonight only to be given another excuse!

So i think there will be some angry exchange of words tomorrow :scared:
Dial up is crap-so bloody slow & frustrating !!

Donna.
Old Feb 25th 2005, 12:02 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

hello tina!
welcome to broadband.....cool eh?!
Old Feb 25th 2005, 12:09 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still n crappy dial up, got messed about with Big Pond (yeah, ok, i was green) now feeling very disgruntled with the crappy customer service of primus one. I'll give em bloody "HOLD ON"

OH and Tina? welcome back hun
Old Feb 25th 2005, 12:10 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still on crappy dial up, got messed about with Big Pond (yeah, ok, i was green) now feeling very disgruntled with the crappy customer service of primus one. I'll give em bloody "HOLD ON"

OH and Tina? welcome back hun
Old Feb 25th 2005, 12:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

Hi Tina....only just chatting about you and where you'd gone to how long in oz now!!! must be nearly that time soon.......

Teresa x
Old Feb 25th 2005, 1:49 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome back to Expats, Tina!!! Look forward to you posting more. And have you seen - Lynn, from the First Brighton Meet, is organising another one.....how nostalgiac does THAT make you feel
Old Feb 25th 2005, 10:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Welcome back to Expats, Tina!!! Look forward to you posting more. And have you seen - Lynn, from the First Brighton Meet, is organising another one.....how nostalgiac does THAT make you feel
Thank's everyone. We left Uk almost 15 months ago now so my memory of the cold grey weather is fading fast!

We are finally in our own house after moving 6 times in just over a year I was beginning to get a bit peed off with packing and living in rented with the kids

We are still happy here, have been from day one, even though financially things are not easy at the moment we still have no thoughts of returning. Not everything is greener here, but the climate and people here are superb and that alone is good enough for me.
Old Feb 25th 2005, 11:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Thank's everyone. We left Uk almost 15 months ago now so my memory of the cold grey weather is fading fast!

We are finally in our own house after moving 6 times in just over a year I was beginning to get a bit peed off with packing and living in rented with the kids

We are still happy here, have been from day one, even though financially things are not easy at the moment we still have no thoughts of returning. Not everything is greener here, but the climate and people here are superb and that alone is good enough for me.
Hi Tina
I was wondering where you'd got too! How's the teaching going and how on earth did you manage to move 6 times? :scared:
Take care
Larissa
Old Feb 26th 2005, 2:01 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

DSL Broadband

Welcome back to the modern world. If it is cable and you cannot get ADSL I understand. If that is for ADSL then those prices are a rip off. I get 8GBs on a 1500/256 for $45 a month.

Unlimited dial up can be had for under $20 a month although the connection charges can add up.

Don't envy all those moves.