British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   It's Snowing and I LOVE it!!!!!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/its-snowing-i-love-279659/)

Merlot Jan 25th 2005 7:44 pm

Re: It's Snowing and I LOVE it!!!!!!!

My hubby is soooooooooooo naffed off, he has not seen snow for nearly 18 years and we still wait in the NE! :mad:

glittababe Jan 25th 2005 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by Merlot
My hubby is soooooooooooo naffed off, he has not seen snow for nearly 18 years and we still wait in the NE! :mad:

Wasn't it all over the news last week that there were blizzards up in your area? Or maybe I'm geographically challenged? We've had snow flurries all day, but its now so cold the snow is settling. It just looks so pretty. You'll get some as its going to get colder! Bring out the woolies!!!!!

Amazulu Jan 25th 2005 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by glittababe
Wasn't it all over the news last week that there were blizzards up in your area? Or maybe I'm geographically challenged? We've had snow flurries all day, but its now so cold the snow is settling. It just looks so pretty. You'll get some as its going to get colder! Bring out the woolies!!!!!

It's been snowing in Surrey this evening it's bl*ody freezing.

glittababe Jan 25th 2005 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by Amazulu
It's been snowing in Surrey this evening it's bl*ody freezing.

I'm about 2 hrs from you in Suffolk. I'm snuggled up with a hot water bottle, so all cosy here. Wonder how long it'll last (the snow that is)?

Merlot Jan 25th 2005 9:03 pm

All we have had is occasional hail type stuff, nothing remotely fun or white! :( :(

Something to do with the fact we have Corus Steel and chemical plants all around, I think it does something to the atmosphere.

We are in a kinda of Bermunda Triangle Weather Zone up in Teesside or maybe the Lost World, many would agree.

I think a drive down south at the weekend.

M :)

glittababe Jan 25th 2005 9:18 pm

All we have had is occasional hail type stuff, nothing remotely fun or white! :( :(

Something to do with the fact we have Corus Steel and chemical plants all around, I think it does something to the atmosphere.

We are in a kinda of Bermunda Triangle Weather Zone up in Teesside or maybe the Lost World, many would agree.

I think a drive down south at the weekend.

If you've got the funds spend the weekend in and around Suffolk, the villages of Dedham, Stoke by Nayland (where I live) etc are beautiful and definately worth a visit before you head back to oz! Plus theres the snow!

Merlot Jan 25th 2005 9:19 pm

If you've got the funds spend the weekend in and around Suffolk, the villages of Dedham, Stoke by Nayland (where I live) etc are beautiful and definately worth a visit before you head back to oz! Plus theres the snow!

Sounds bliss!!! :)

Do you know your "For Sale" has moved off this Forum????? :confused:

I have just responded then it went!

Like Teesside snow! ;)

glittababe Jan 25th 2005 9:22 pm

Sounds bliss!!! :)

Do you know your "For Sale" has moved off this Forum????? :confused:

I have just responded then it went!

Like Teesside snow! ;)

Strange????? :confused: Something we said? Its a conspiracy, no one wants me to sell anything!

glittababe Jan 25th 2005 9:32 pm

Strange????? :confused: Something we said? Its a conspiracy, no one wants me to sell anything!

Found it! Its been moved to the Marketplace. I never even knew that forum existed! What a marvellous website this is! Anyway if your thinking of heading down for the weekend, try some web searches for surrounding areas to the villages etc Theres loads of B&B's! Would offer my place but we still have no furniture!!! We've gone for the retro inflatable look!!

bridiej Jan 26th 2005 7:30 am

We have got a wee bit of snow. Dont like too much when you have to go to work, wouldnt have minded lots when we were off over Xmas!

Bit worried that we are going to get loads in the coming weeks due to the terrible snow they're having in New York and Boston.... :(

glittababe Jan 26th 2005 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by bridiej
We have got a wee bit of snow. Dont like too much when you have to go to work, wouldnt have minded lots when we were off over Xmas!

Bit worried that we are going to get loads in the coming weeks due to the terrible snow they're having in New York and Boston.... :(

Its disappeared!!!! :( Suns been out but its still bitterly cold. Went shopping today and brought a jumper (my first one so thats not bad going). I think you're right about the snow coming over from Boston and NY as its the coldest its been for ages! I'm doing bank work at the hospital so I might keep next week free (don't fancy driving to work in the snow)! Have also noticed that the bulbs in the garden are starting to come through. The changing seasons are quite nice really, never thought I'd miss them. Mind you was sitting down for a cosy coffee with mates in town, opened the Daily Mail and there was about three pages on 'Yob Culture Britain'. It was shocking to read. I have 3 boys and apparently 1 in 4 boys admit to have been in trouble with the police. I've always said that I can see myself down the cop shop in a few years, dragging my middle child out by his ears!!!! If we're going to make the UK our home for good, I need a plan to stop my children going down the 'yob road'. Any ideas?