British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   It's Snowing and I LOVE it!!!!!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/its-snowing-i-love-279659/)

glittababe Jan 24th 2005 4:43 pm

It's Snowing and I LOVE it!!!!!!!

Wow! Woke up this morning, glanced out of the window and what a beautiful sight! Snow all over the hills and the fields! I love it! Kids had fun (until we told them the school was still open) and I went for a quiet walk in the countryside followed by a warm drink in the local, sitting by the log fire......pure bliss! After that i spoiled it all by going for a job interview and getting it (damn and blast)! Well hope everyones ok on here XXXX

Merlot Jan 24th 2005 5:33 pm

Re: It's Snowing and I LOVE it!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by glittababe
Wow! Woke up this morning, glanced out of the window and what a beautiful sight! Snow all over the hills and the fields! I love it! Kids had fun (until we told them the school was still open) and I went for a quiet walk in the countryside followed by a warm drink in the local, sitting by the log fire......pure bliss! After that i spoiled it all by going for a job interview and getting it (damn and blast)! Well hope everyones ok on here XXXX

Very envious as the NE has not had any and this is one of the things I wanted to see on our return.

I take it you have moved away from Queensland?

Good luck with your job.

Best wishes
Merlot :)

DollyDaydream Jan 24th 2005 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by glittababe

Hey glittababe, congrats (I think ;) ) on the job!!!

D D

Bordy Jan 24th 2005 6:00 pm

To be 35 degrees here today. You can keep your snow. :D

Hels Jan 24th 2005 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by Bordy
To be 35 degrees here today. You can keep your snow. :D

I second that!!! :D

Although Hubby laid in bed last night and said "Honey, its going to be 4 degree's in London tomorrow.....4 degrees has never looked so good" (as compared to working on cars in 37 degree heat) :D :D

Bless 'im......

glittababe Jan 24th 2005 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by Hels

Although Hubby laid in bed last night and said "Honey, its going to be 4 degree's in London tomorrow.....4 degrees has never looked so good" (as compared to working on cars in 37 degree heat) :D :D

Bless 'im......

Yes living in Suffolk at the mo until we've decided where we want to live and commit! When we left it was in the high 30's, the humidity was high and when we landed at Heathrow I could've kissed the chilly ground (well i would have done, but it would have meant me dodging the broken glass, chewing gum and dog crap)! Ahhh just kidding, it was actually a pleasant and sunny day! We've been back 8 weeks now and we're still loving it here - we love the lushness, cold air on our faces when we go for walks, the heritage of our village and surrounding towns, just how pretty it all is! We're very lucky where we live which makes the decision to return even more difficult.

I was hoping not to work, but a few bills reminded me that I have to! Start on Thursday (deep gloom descending over me as I type). :confused:

jad n rich Jan 24th 2005 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by Hels

Bless 'im......

:D I hear that every morning! and hes an AUSSIE.

Weather today is chucking it down, subbies all mad :mad: just after xmas, all the bills in and now weeks of rain expected and of course no work no pay!

glittababe Jan 24th 2005 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by jad n rich

Weather today is chucking it down, subbies all mad :mad: just after xmas, all the bills in and now weeks of rain expected and of course no work no pay!

How are you???? :o Forgot your hubby's a builder, if you get rained off thats it! Chin up! Will send you some snow! :) Take care love annie

PS my littlen's blood tests have finally come back within normal limits! Hurrahhh and phew! They're going to keep an eye on him, but at leats it means no more sleepless nights worrying!

Hels Jan 24th 2005 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by jad n rich

My Hubby would KILL for some rain. He got horribly sunburnt at the Melb Meet on Saturday on his leg and he now says we should have come to Oz in Winter....I just tell him off for whinging (jokingly of course ;) )

bridiej Jan 25th 2005 7:31 am

Gilttababe,are you trying to confuse me? it says your location is QLD so was thinking "Snow? In the middle of summer??" :scared:

glittababe Jan 25th 2005 7:35 am

Originally Posted by bridiej
Gilttababe,are you trying to confuse me? it says your location is QLD so was thinking "Snow? In the middle of summer??" :scared:

Sorry haven't had a chance to change the location thingy! In Suffolk at the mo! Or maybe I should just let you think there's freaky snow in Vicky Point.....ummmmmmm :p

bridiej Jan 25th 2005 7:52 am

No worries, I was just thinking "WHAT??" :o

No snow here in Kent yet, looks like we might have some today though which is not good as we are a bit in the sticks and tend to have power cuts, plus no gas so wont be able to eat and will just have the heat from the fire!!!! :scared:

kirsty&al Jan 25th 2005 7:59 am

No worries, I was just thinking "WHAT??" :o

No snow here in Kent yet, looks like we might have some today though which is not good as we are a bit in the sticks and tend to have power cuts, plus no gas so wont be able to eat and will just have the heat from the fire!!!! :scared:

Snow in Kent always seems to make it onto the national news programmes, whereas snow anywhere else (in the UK) doesn't. Anybody else noticed that?

Regards
Alistair

bridiej Jan 25th 2005 9:01 am

Probably because Kent seems to have become a suburb of London and the whole of the UK seems to revolve around whatever happens to affect Londoners! :(

glittababe Jan 25th 2005 3:20 pm

Probably because Kent seems to have become a suburb of London and the whole of the UK seems to revolve around whatever happens to affect Londoners! :(

Well its still snowing!!! Roads and cars frozen over night. I could kiss the person that invented 'quick clear' windscreens! Flick a switch and not only is your windscreen clear but the car is lovely and warm! Just collected kids from school and another parent has just got back from Brisbane (hols), she said she had a wonderful time, however coming back to snow was a million times better! Bet we don't feel like this next week!!!! The novalty will soon wear thin!