British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   It's a Small World (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/its-small-world-485432/)

herrchook Oct 5th 2007 8:13 am

It's a Small World

It's a small world after all.......

Last week Margaret introduced us to a newly arrived friend of hers and it turns out his best mate is an ex-colleague/pal of my OHs.

Sandra (Sandra&Jim) and I had the same midwife in Glasgow.

There's a little girl in my 5yo's grade at school who has the same first name and they were actually born in the same hospital in Glasgow 3 months apart.

....it's a small small world:D

Weirdstone Oct 5th 2007 8:15 am

Re: It's a Small World

Originally Posted by herrchook (Post 5389080)

Last week Margaret introduced us to a newly arrived friend of hers and it turns out his best mate is an ex-colleague/pal of my OHs.

There's a little girl in my 5yo's grade at school who has the same first name and they were actually born in the same hospital in Glasgow 3 months apart.

Blimey ....more Scots !!:ohmy:

dekandwends Oct 5th 2007 8:21 am

Hope you're settling well. I know what you're saying. We had a Perth reccie in August. On our first morning we went to the local supermarket and got chatting to a woman who quickly reminded us that we had no friends or family there so how would we even get an invite to a barbie. That was a confidence destroying experience. two aisles later we bumped into an old mate I was at school with and worked beside until a few years ago. It turned out he moved over last October with his wife and kids and lived 2 minutes from where we were staying. Boy, did that make a difference to our holiday. Talk about fate !
tara the noo,
Dek

herrchook Oct 5th 2007 8:25 am

Originally Posted by Weirdstone (Post 5389083)
Blimey ....more Scots !!:ohmy:

lol, I'm afraid so Cas:lol:. Although strictly speaking that little girl is English as her family are from Flatlandshire:lol:

herrchook Oct 5th 2007 8:26 am

Originally Posted by dekandwends (Post 5389098)
. On our first morning we went to the local supermarket and got chatting to a woman who quickly reminded us that we had no friends or family there so how would we even get an invite to a barbie.

OMG, she sounds lovely:ohmy::lol:NOT

Weirdstone Oct 5th 2007 8:31 am

Originally Posted by herrchook (Post 5389106)
lol, I'm afraid so Cas:lol:. Although strictly speaking that little girl is English as her family are from Flatlandshire:lol:

The Fens you mean?

Getting a right clique in Melbourne ! :lol::p

Wendy Oct 5th 2007 8:33 am

I know. isn't it?!

My best friend Julia used to go to school with my OH and was the best friend of my OH's ex first girlfriend :D

Stitch Oct 5th 2007 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by herrchook (Post 5389080)

Went all goosebumps reading that.....Take it you're all settling down a bit more now.

Cheers

Ginny