Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

it's in the post

Wikiposts

it's in the post

Old Jan 8th 2004, 12:30 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pollyana
They need something to send back your passport in, also there are several sheets of A4 paper with the conditions of the visa, & that kind of thing.

Right, so some kind of A4 prepaid envelope with more postage paid than they could possibly need...might just do that. Thanks P!
Old Jan 8th 2004, 12:32 am
Melbourne, St Kilda

joninoxford will become famous soon enough

They didn't state a size of prepaid envelope, but I think a A4 one with postage paid up to 500g will be ample... (about £5.00 if I remember correctly!) And yes, for £5 it is worth sending one with your application, wish I knew before.
Old Jan 8th 2004, 12:33 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by joninoxford
They didn't state a size of prepaid envelope, but I think a A4 one with postage paid up to 500g will be ample... (about £5.00 if I remember correctly!) And yes, for £5 it is worth sending one with your application, wish I knew before.
Too right. Thanks for that info, that's what I'll do. Anything to speed things up. Just got to send in the application now!
Old Jan 8th 2004, 12:57 am
WBB

i did'nt send a prepaid envelope with my application i am wondering now if they will ask for one, but i have'nt sent my passport either, i sent a photocopy of the back page that had been certified.

did they ask for your passport later?

Old Jan 8th 2004, 1:00 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by welshboybilly
i did'nt send a prepaid envelope with my application i am wondering now if they will ask for one, but i have'nt sent my passport either, i sent a photocopy of the back page that had been certified.

did they ask for your passport later?
Don't panic WBB!!!

I'm sure they'll request the passport and envelope when they need it. I can never remember if it's wise to send in your passport or not....
Old Jan 8th 2004, 1:01 am
Melbourne, St Kilda

joninoxford will become famous soon enough

This is another thing that confused us too. I sent my passport with the application - but if you are going on holiday within 4 months time you are going to need it - so its a tricky one. Don't worry about not having sent it though, no doubt they will ask for it with your confimation letter. If not, just sent it recorded delivery to Australia House when they give you your file number on written confirmation of your application, which for us was 1 and a half weeks after sending it in.
Old Jan 8th 2004, 1:03 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by joninoxford
This is another thing that confused us too. I sent my passport with the application - but if you are going on holiday within 4 months time you are going to need it - so its a tricky one. Don't worry about not having sent it though, no doubt they will ask for it with your confimation letter. If not, just sent it recorded delivery to Australia House when they give you your file number on written confirmation of your application, which for us was 1 and a half weeks after sending it in.
Useful...see, no need to panic WBB. You're worse than me!
Old Jan 8th 2004, 1:06 am
WBB

we are like a bag of nerves, worrying about every small detail.

:scared:

Old Jan 8th 2004, 1:07 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

She'll be right, mate.

Old Jan 8th 2004, 1:08 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by Pollster
She'll be right, mate.

She may even be apples, and she'll undoubtedly be jake.
Old Jan 8th 2004, 1:10 am
WBB

we got our file number and request for more information 5 days after sending off the application it has taken us this long to gather the stuff they wanted and wait for them to re-open after the xmas break, we used 46 of the 49 days we were given to return it all.

hopefully they will only need to look at the extra bits we sent in.

Old Jan 8th 2004, 1:15 am
She's a bird, you know

we got our file number and request for more information 5 days after sending off the application it has taken us this long to gather the stuff they wanted and wait for them to re-open after the xmas break, we used 46 of the 49 days we were given to return it all.

hopefully they will only need to look at the extra bits we sent in.

I'm sure they'll just be tying up the loose ends, WBB and that they'll give you the visa very soon. I can feel it in me water!
Old Jan 8th 2004, 1:16 am
WBB

Originally posted by bundy
I'm sure they'll just be tying up the loose ends, WBB and that they'll give you the visa very soon. I can feel it in me water!
does that hurt ?

Old Jan 8th 2004, 1:17 am
She's a bird, you know

does that hurt ?

Only when I laugh
Old Jan 8th 2004, 1:26 am
WBB

Originally posted by bundy
Only when I laugh
you mean you find time to laugh while waiting for your visa ???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.