Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

It's our turn today.....

It's our turn today.....

Old Jan 14th 2005, 11:34 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default It's our turn today.....

...to say that our visa has been granted. Yippee! It's a 136 skilled independent (MODL) and it took the three months that a lot of people are quoting at the moment. Didn't think it would happen to us, but it has. So just watch out coz next it could be you, or you, or you, or you or you.....!

Have a (whatever your tipple!) with me. Oh damn, I'll have to go and buy another bottle of baileys (and my diet was going so well!)

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE ELSE

A very happy binbird
Old Jan 14th 2005, 11:41 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's our turn today.....

hiya hunny, congratulations a fantastic feeling isnt it, i think it must be the week for it,still in a daze myself,where are you heading?

tracey.
Originally Posted by binbird
...to say that our visa has been granted. Yippee! It's a 136skilled independent (MODL) and it took the three months that a lot of people are quoting at the moment. Didn't think it would happen to us, but it has. So just watch out coz next it could be you, or you, or you, or you or you.....!

Have a (whatever your tipple!) with me. Oh damn, I'll have to go and buy another bottle of baileys (and my diet was going so well!)

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE ELSE

A very happy binbird
Old Jan 14th 2005, 11:46 am
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all

Congratulations.
3 months. ive already been waiting10
Go celebrate
Old Jan 14th 2005, 11:49 am
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Congrats !!!
Old Jan 14th 2005, 11:53 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scissors
hiya hunny, congratulations a fantastic feeling isnt it, i think it must be the week for it,still in a daze myself,where are you heading?

tracey.
IT's funny how it feels a long way off and then suddenly it's in your hand. You're right I do feel a bit blown away / away with the fairies etc (and I haven't touched a drop......yet....!)

We shall be heading off to Sydney in May at the earliest but we are one of the "got a house to sell first" cases. Just hope it all happens for us before 1st October otherwise we will have to validate the visas and I just want to go now!

Impatient binbird (Waiting for the visa was the easy bit for us!)
Old Jan 14th 2005, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

i know what you mean we ve got to get our house on the market yet,but we re not planning to go until the summer anyway,i guess i dont tend to believe its going to happen until it does,and it hit me like a thunder bolt yesterday,it actually seems real know, i would never have thought id feel like this,i think your right though that was the easy bit

tracey.
IT's funny how it feels a long way off and then suddenly it's in your hand. You're right I do feel a bit blown away / away with the fairies etc (and I haven't touched a drop......yet....!)

We shall be heading off to Sydney in May at the earliest but we are one of the "got a house to sell first" cases. Just hope it all happens for us before 1st October otherwise we will have to validate the visas and I just want to go now!

Impatient binbird (Waiting for the visa was the easy bit for us!)
Old Jan 14th 2005, 2:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really nice

...to say that our visa has been granted. Yippee! It's a 136 skilled independent (MODL) and it took the three months that a lot of people are quoting at the moment. Didn't think it would happen to us, but it has. So just watch out coz next it could be you, or you, or you, or you or you.....!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE ELSE

A very happy binbird
Binbird,

Congratulations to you and the family! Don't have too many incase you wake up like a :scared:

Good luck with the house!

Alex
Old Jan 14th 2005, 3:00 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

Originally Posted by Alex Hall
Binbird,

Congratulations to you and the family! Don't have too many incase you wake up like a :scared:

Good luck with the house!

Alex
Forgot to buy the baileys! It'll have to be beer (or whisky or port, or etc)

And you should know I look :scared: at the best of times!

Anticipating booze binbird (well, it would be irresponsible, home alone with 3 kids, to indulge myself now!)
Old Jan 14th 2005, 3:06 pm
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

wholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats! There's alot of it going about just now! Perhaps they've all started to work again at DIMIA! I still feel a bit sick, it's just so exciting! (we got it yesterday) Well done again and have a drink on me!
Old Jan 14th 2005, 3:27 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

Originally Posted by wholeworldwindow
Congrats! There's alot of it going about just now! Perhaps they've all started to work again at DIMIA! I still feel a bit sick, it's just so exciting! (we got it yesterday) Well done again and have a drink on me!
Yeah - so sick I have hardly moved from this chair all day! My number of posts has probably doubled in one day! So I apologise for boring you all but thanks for your good wishes!

Binbird
Old Jan 14th 2005, 3:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

JJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the rough

fantastic news... but scary too.... you are a similar timeline to us.. just out of interest what date was your application lodged? and how long ago did you send off your medicals..

many thanks..
Old Jan 14th 2005, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

stressed out will become famous soon enough

Yeah - so sick I have hardly moved from this chair all day! My number of posts has probably doubled in one day! So I apologise for boring you all but thanks for your good wishes!

Binbird

Congratulations on your excellent news
Hope all goes well for you on your big adventure
john / rose
Old Jan 14th 2005, 4:04 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE ELSE

A very happy binbird
big big congrats Binbird enjoy your baileys

we have just posted our visa application today so still a long way to go
Old Jan 14th 2005, 4:05 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

Originally Posted by JJJHM
fantastic news... but scary too.... you are a similar timeline to us.. just out of interest what date was your application lodged? and how long ago did you send off your medicals..

many thanks..
Just did a reply and then the computer bombed out on me (is it trying to tell me something? I know I've been on it all day but it's not every day you get a visa!)

Anyway, application was lodged on 5 October 2004. Andy and I had our medicals in Sydney during our reckie (last two weeks of October). The girls medicals were done in the UK at the end of November but they won't have arrived in Oz until early December. Therefore, on my calculations (which aren't always very reliable) we received our visa letter about a month after the medicals were received. That, of course, took in Christmas so it could be quicker for others.

Incidentally, my sister in law submitted her application exactly a week before us and she received her visa exactly a week before us. Hope that helps to give an indication as to when you might receive your visa.

Keep us posted.

Binbird
Old Jan 14th 2005, 4:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really nice

Just did a reply and then the computer bombed out on me (is it trying to tell me something? I know I've been on it all day but it's not every day you get a visa!)

Anyway, application was lodged on 5 October 2004. Andy and I had our medicals in Sydney during our reckie (last two weeks of October). The girls medicals were done in the UK at the end of November but they won't have arrived in Oz until early December. Therefore, on my calculations (which aren't always very reliable) we received our visa letter about a month after the medicals were received. That, of course, took in Christmas so it could be quicker for others.

Incidentally, my sister in law submitted her application exactly a week before us and she received her visa exactly a week before us. Hope that helps to give an indication as to when you might receive your visa.

Keep us posted.

Binbird
Probably worth pointing out that the sister in law was doing a family sponsored visa. Andy/Binbird were doing a 136 MODL.
I (binbird's brother in law) sent my visa (standard 136 with capital investment) off pretty much the same time and had my capital investment bond request on the 13th Dec.

So timescales seem quite short at the moment.

Binbird, do you want me to bring round a bottle of champagne (free) for you to celebrate with?

:-)

alex

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.