Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Its only been a year and its happening again

Its only been a year and its happening again

Old Dec 22nd 2004, 6:54 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Its only been a year and its happening again

Well its a year to the day that we moved into our house. It was a new start, fresh beginning. We were only shipping the stuff that we wanted. Clean start

Now some of you may remember a thread I did

Do you dread that day

Well a year later I was in the kitchen hunting for a biro. Where are they kept? Theyre kept in a mug in the kitchen. How many have you got? Lots. How many of them work? NOT BLOODY MANY. We have filled the biro mug with crap pens and laundry markers etc in a year. There were even some odd screws and bits of plastic in there.

I then had a horrible thought. I looked down at the third draw in the kitchen. It grinned back at me. Whats in there???? LOADS OF BLOODY CRAP that we don't know what to do with

You can run from the junk but you can't hide.
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 7:06 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: Its only been a year and its happening again

Originally Posted by HUP
Well its a year to the day that we moved into our house. It was a new start, fresh beginning. We were only shipping the stuff that we wanted. Clean start

Do you dread that day

Well a year later I was in the kitchen hunting for a biro. Where are they kept? Theyre kept in a mug in the kitchen. How many have you got? Lots. How many of them work? NOT BLOODY MANY. We have filled the biro mug with crap pens and laundry markers etc in a year. There were even some odd screws and bits of plastic in there.

I then had a horrible thought. I looked down at the third draw in the kitchen. It grinned back at me. Whats in there???? LOADS OF BLOODY CRAP that we don't know what to do with

You can run from the junk but you can't hide.
LMAO.
Was thinking the very same thing earlier tonight. Tried to find some bank stuff in a drawer, took me ages (was looking in the wrong drawer mind ) I only brought 6 boxes and a suitcase with me, yet already i'm being overrun with crap!! :scared:
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 7:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

Well if it wasn't Hevs then it had to be you HUP who made me LOL

I've bought my Mum a nice little wire Cat with a little flowerpot on it's back, and I just put it on the side in the kitchen so that I remembered to wrap it before Christmas Day.

It's already filling up fast with Sunglasses, paper towel, pens.....
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 7:14 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jaykay
It's already filling up fast with Sunglasses, paper towel, pens.....
SOLUTION

Give out family ultimatum. If there is anything that your require on the wire cat then please reloacte it (No not to the 3rd drawer down!!!!!) Otherwise it will be wrapped and given with the christmas gift. Then wrap it with anything thats left and when you give her the gift tell her its modern art

Last edited by HUP; Dec 22nd 2004 at 7:21 am.
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 7:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

LOL (again!!)

Somehow I don't think that Alana's sunglasses will fit my mother, and I'm not sure how she'd feel about writing with Alana's little pens that have cute things hanging off the end of them....but we can always give it a try and see what her reaction is
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Majj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really nice

Originally Posted by HUP

Do you dread that day

I then had a horrible thought. I looked down at the third draw in the kitchen. It grinned back at me. Whats in there???? LOADS OF BLOODY CRAP that we don\'t know what to do with

You can run from the junk but you can\'t hide.
Well you did well to find your original thread.

Heres a tip. When the drawers are full of crap, simply pull \'em out and tip the contents into the bin. Don\'t even look inside. This alleviates any next day flashbacks, \"oh i should have kept that biro that I threw out yesterday\", even though you haven\'t used it in the last 3 and a half years.

But seriously, even when I get round to filing the crap that accumulates on my desk, half of it ends up in the bin.
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 8:29 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

How well I remember that thread! I had just been sorting out my c**p drawers at the time and it rang soooooo true!

As an update - the fluorescent yellow aircrrew jacket is now over here,I thought I had thrown out the restaurant napkin dispenser but it arrived in one of my boxes....and the Police No Waiting Cone is on the front door step!