Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Its official.........

Its official.........

Old Mar 15th 2004, 9:03 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Question Its official.........

I'm a dive widow!

HUP passed his open water course in "the popes eye" this weekend. He's already talking about doing the "advanced" course

Congratulations Hub!!
Old Mar 15th 2004, 9:25 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Its official.........

Originally posted by hevs
I'm a dive widow!

HUP passed his open water course in "the popes eye" this weekend. He's already talking about doing the "advanced" course

Congratulations Hub!!
oh dear! I would suggest the approach of "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em"....but not sure I would be brave enough in Vic water temps... only if living in the the tropics maybe

From experience of being a cycling widow, I think you have to manipulate these situations to your advantage....you know, perhaps suggest he does his advanced course in Thailand or on the GBR....and that he takes you with him

p.s. congratulations to him.
Old Mar 15th 2004, 9:28 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Hey HP, have you been talking to him??? He's already mentioned a dive holiday in the phillipeans (sp?) next year!

I cannot stand diving, however theres a really nice 5 day trail ride through the snowy mountains that looks VERY pleasant
Old Mar 15th 2004, 9:49 am
Badge

Well if it's any consolation, if HUP is anything like me, and has occasional problems with equalising the pressure he will walk around at home the next day not being able to hear anything...

As for the Advanced course, an excellent way of doing more dives and getting more experience and still getting another piece of paper at the end of it whilst you are fresh from doing the basic Open course. Good on ya HUP mate.

Old Mar 15th 2004, 9:50 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Its official.........

my husband is already a dive widower in the UK, but does enjoy a chance to get to the computer without me in the way

I even left him for 2 months to travel and dive around the world, the only condition was that I returned in time for our first (paper) wedding anniversary or I would have received divorce papers

congrats to him, has he started buying the dive gear yet, or should I not be encouraging him?
Old Mar 15th 2004, 9:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

Sorry to lower the tone but I love diving
Old Mar 15th 2004, 10:57 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

hehe.....bet hes like a kid with a new toy!!
One thing i have promised myself is to learn to dive here in the uk (seeing as i wont get chance to do it in oz), as its something i have always wanted to do!!
(just need to lose the extra flab so i can look sexy in me wetsuit!)

Sue
Old Mar 15th 2004, 11:12 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by badgersmount
Well if it's any consolation, if HUP is anything like me, and has occasional problems with equalising the pressure he will walk around at home the next day not being able to hear anything...
No ear trouble here mate. The only troubles I forsee are bank balance ones. I have loved every minute of the diving but the gear is so bloody expensive.

$500 for a wetsuit
$200 for fins
and on and on and on

No Hev before you ask I cannot get a pair of fins from Kmart for $10.
Old Mar 15th 2004, 8:53 pm
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

I did Open Water and Advanced Open Water back-to-back in Malta. (Theory and pool work in the UK.)

If you think the basics are fun, wait until you start on the speciality courses! Great stuff!

Well done, HUP.
Old Mar 15th 2004, 8:55 pm
High in the Dandenongs

Originally posted by HUP
No Hev before you ask I cannot get a pair of fins from Kmart for $10.
Why the hell not
Old Mar 15th 2004, 8:56 pm
High in the Dandenongs

[If you think the basics are fun, wait until you start on the speciality courses! Great stuff!

Well done, HUP.
hhhmmmm, not sure i like the sound of that
Old Mar 15th 2004, 8:57 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by downunderpom

Well done, HUP.
Cheers DUP

I'm looking at doing my Advanced fairly soon. The course is for 5 dives, theory and all your kit and its only (!) $325. If I went on a normal dive it would be $45 plus kit hire of about $80.

I want to do a couple of fairly low key dives first though to work on my skills a bit.
Old Mar 15th 2004, 9:02 pm
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by HUP
Cheers DUP

I'm looking at doing my Advanced fairly soon. The course is for 5 dives, theory and all your kit and its only (!) $325. If I went on a normal dive it would be $45 plus kit hire of about $80.

I want to do a couple of fairly low key dives first though to work on my skills a bit.
That's about the same cost as the UK, taking the exchange rate into account. Equipment - well, as far as I'm concerned my life depends on my equipment, so I bought the best I could get, and to hell with the cost. I'm presently hiring tanks, as my UK tank doesn't have a burst valve, so they won't even fill it, let alone service it here. (Reminder to self - see if it can be modified to comply with Aussie regulations.)

Hev - brace yourself.... if I replaced my kit here it would cost in excess of $6000..... :scared:

But before you totally panic, I have 2 BCD, three wetsuits, two sets of regs (one air, one nitrox...), so don'e expect HUP to spend all that in one go!
Old Mar 15th 2004, 9:03 pm
High in the Dandenongs

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
(just need to lose the extra flab so i can look sexy in me wetsuit!)

Sue
Anyone can look sexy in a wet suit, its the ultimate corset

PS BILLABONG!!!!!!! i was wondering how long, and who it would be, before the tone was lowered
Old Mar 15th 2004, 9:05 pm
High in the Dandenongs

[
Hev - brace yourself.... if I replaced my kit here it would cost in excess of $6000..... :scared:

so don'e expect HUP to spend all that in one go!
WTF!!!!!!!!

Oh DUP given the chance he sooooo would
Boys and their toys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.