Its my birthday!!!

Wikiposts

Its my birthday!!!

Old May 5th 2003, 4:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mandy Bale will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Its my birthday!!!

Originally posted by jeannie
Mandy sorry if I was nosey my granddaughter said I must not ask questions like that (are you lonley) (she said it's too Granny what ever that means???????) lol
Thats ok, nope not lonely, far from it. Been here for just over a year and still having lots of fun. Got lots of freinds, see lots of people up at the school etc. basically things are going great. Plenty of stuff around here to keep me busy.

Mandy
Old May 5th 2003, 4:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Must admit I've never got used to the Twilite Zone hours here. One house we had the neighbours used to complain that our lights were always on till (shock horror) midnight. Honestly darkness in all the windows by 8.30-9. Try to finish a meal out here after 9.30 and they start sweeping up, putting chairs in piles etc. Its Hilarious. My birthday soon, we might be really daring and BBQ in a park after 8pm hope we dont get arrested for disturbing the peace.
Old May 5th 2003, 4:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

I agree the restaurants do tend to pack up early during the week, last night we finished our meal at 9.30pm and we were the last to leave, they'd even turned off the coffee machines and were turning out the lights! But on a weekend its a different story, the place is buzzing (well not quite London style but not bad for a small suburb).

Sandra, there is a pub around the corner from Castle Towers, called the Castle Hill Tavern, in Victoria road I think, no idea what it is like but have heard its a bit lively!

mandy
Old May 5th 2003, 4:42 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by dotty
Must admit I've never got used to the Twilite Zone hours here. One house we had the neighbours used to complain that our lights were always on till (shock horror) midnight. Honestly darkness in all the windows by 8.30-9. Try to finish a meal out here after 9.30 and they start sweeping up, putting chairs in piles etc. Its Hilarious. My birthday soon, we might be really daring and BBQ in a park after 8pm hope we dont get arrested for disturbing the peace.
A tip - never have your Birthday on a Sunday! Last year my Birthday fell on a sunday, plan was to go to the sunshine coast and have a dive with the sharks in the tank - I'm sure hubby is trying to get rid of me! then come back and have a nice meal down on the sea front here in the evening.

We got back home around 7pm - quick wash, and back out by 8pm - Not one restaurant or pub was open! (they have a tendancy to do that here - close up when they feel like, none of my locals have a closing time, only an opening time) Only the RSL was open - no thanks I'm not dead yet! came back home and got p*ssed in the house instead.

cheers
And a Happy Birthday to you Mandy.
Old May 5th 2003, 4:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Just goes to show the restaurant owners have a life too though!!

Mandy