Reload this Page >

Its a long shot !

Its a long shot !

Old Jun 22nd 2013, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

tick73 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Its a long shot !

Hi
What im going to say/ ask might sound daft but here goes.please bear with me....

My brother moved to Perth 9 years ago, have visited a few times and fallen in love with the place and now looking to hopefully live there.
The trouble is I know I wont meet the work related criteria, im a class 1/ hgv lorry driver here in the uk. my brother is the same over there ( driving the roadtrains). but his firm do the work placement sponser visa thing. my understanding of that is a little vague, does anyone know the full deal? would/could it lead to a permanent residency?
I would already have a permanent place to stay (with bruv).
just would like to know if it worth starting the process or not. I know its a long shot in the 1st place. but just turned 40, so its now or never!

Failing that option, are there any other options open to me?

any help would be gratefully received
Old Jun 22nd 2013, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

BASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Its a long shot !

Marry an Australian
Old Jun 22nd 2013, 9:32 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BASHO
Marry an Australian
Could well be the best option
Old Jun 23rd 2013, 12:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think that driver is on the skills list unfortunately, not checked it recently, but that was the case last time I looked for driver for somebody.

If it is not on the list, then there is no work related pathway open for you. Your brother must have got in at a time when it was on the list as they do change from time to time.

Do you have a partner, perhaps they have skills that a visa could be based upon?
Old Jun 23rd 2013, 1:41 pm
Just Joined

tick73 is an unknown quantity at this point

my brother and his wife got over there on her skills, she is a nurse.
been told about the work sponser route, well last year, my bruv made some enquires at his current work place and previous one, they both offer work sponser route, unless the government has changed that again.... how I was told on how it works is I think like this...1 year contract at less pay, to cover all the applications and visas stuff, with hopefully a perm position if approved etc....
like I said, I know its a long shot... so not getting my hopes up,,
if that route has closed, I think im out of luck,, unless I marry a local,,, any offers?? lol
thanks for the input
Old Jun 23rd 2013, 2:41 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: Its a long shot !

Originally Posted by tick73
my brother and his wife got over there on her skills, she is a nurse.
been told about the work sponser route, well last year, my bruv made some enquires at his current work place and previous one, they both offer work sponser route, unless the government has changed that again.... how I was told on how it works is I think like this...1 year contract at less pay, to cover all the applications and visas stuff, with hopefully a perm position if approved etc....
like I said, I know its a long shot... so not getting my hopes up,,
if that route has closed, I think im out of luck,, unless I marry a local,,, any offers?? lol
thanks for the input
Your skill has to be on the list in order to be sponsored, and as far as I know HGV driver is not a "wanted" skill at present