Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

It's a long flight you know!

It's a long flight you know!

Old May 21st 2005, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

CK2B will become famous soon enough
Default It's a long flight you know!

Is it me or does it drive anyone else mad when you tell people you're going to Australia and they reply "It's a long flight you know". Do they think we don't know? Do we look that stupid

Why can't they say "that's great" or "that'll be lovely" - it really gets to me how so many people find it easier to be negative then nice.

Any-one else find this frustrating??
Old May 21st 2005, 5:48 pm
NAC
BE Enthusiast

NAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: It's a long flight you know!

Originally Posted by CK2B
Is it me or does it drive anyone else mad when you tell people you're going to Australia and they reply "It's a long flight you know". Do they think we don't know? Do we look that stupid

Why can't they say "that's great" or "that'll be lovely" - it really gets to me how so many people find it easier to be negative then nice.

Any-one else find this frustrating??

That is a bit irritating just like people saying 'oh, it'll be awful hot' !
Maybe we like long flights and the heat for all they know

Carolyn
Old May 21st 2005, 5:56 pm
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

"ooh lots of spiders and snakes you know" Grrr!
Old May 21st 2005, 6:00 pm
When?? We ask ourselves!!

andy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really nice

Originally Posted by Anastasia Beaverhausen
"ooh lots of spiders and snakes you know" Grrr!
The classic is: Why do you want to leave England??

Derrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Isn't it obvious

Jayne
Old May 21st 2005, 6:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future

"They've got a drought you know, no water"!!!
Old May 21st 2005, 6:26 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue from Manchester
"They've got a drought you know, no water"!!!
"They don't speak English you know" - WTF - That was my mother - nuff said.
Old May 21st 2005, 6:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

"you've still got to work for a living you know" I KNOW THAT I AM NOT ROMAN ABRAMOVICH!
Old May 21st 2005, 7:11 pm
Sydney bound!

JF² is a jewel in the roughJF² is a jewel in the roughJF² is a jewel in the roughJF² is a jewel in the roughJF² is a jewel in the rough
Talking Re: It's a long flight you know!

Originally Posted by jond
"you've still got to work for a living you know" I KNOW THAT I AM NOT ROMAN ABRAMOVICH!
"What do you want to go there for?" Durrrrr!
Old May 21st 2005, 7:28 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

From the bird on reception at work I got "Wow thats really far away! "

DERRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
Old May 21st 2005, 7:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by JF²
"What do you want to go there for?" Durrrrr!

I have to agree with you all!! Some of the comments are ridiculous!
They are just jealous!!!!

Karma on its way to you guys!
Old May 21st 2005, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

Theresa, Ian & Tim is on a distinguished road

I have my own village store and it has just got out around the village that we are moving to Perth. Most of my customers are older and it is amazing how many people have said that they wished they had done it when they were younger. Also when you talk to people/customers it is amazing how many people say that they know someone who are also emmigrating or thinking of emmigrating to Australia.
Theresa
Old May 21st 2005, 9:51 pm

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Please dont let me grandchildren swim in the sea or any lakes or rivers.
Old May 21st 2005, 10:02 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Wont you miss me
Thats what i get
Or...i know where to come for a free holiday.............as if
Old May 21st 2005, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

fitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to all

no i get,yeh i was going to immigrate a few years ago but decided
not to bother.
i say,what a load of bullshit.
Old May 21st 2005, 10:21 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fitz
no i get,yeh i was going to immigrate a few years ago but decided
not to bother.
i say,what a load of bullshit.
Yeah I've had that aswell

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.