Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

It's grim Up North... how many Northeners in Aus now?

It's grim Up North... how many Northeners in Aus now?

Old Oct 13th 2006, 9:30 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: It's grim Up North... how many Northeners in Aus now?

Originally Posted by borolad
youve got ya ballaclava on back to front ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lolly
It will be the smog off ICI
Old Oct 13th 2006, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

fluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud of

Hi,

I am from South Shields, Tyne & Wear and Darrins from Stanley, Co Durham. Been living in australia 16 months now, Adelaide first 9 months and wasnt for us then moved to Upper Coomera on the Gold coast 7 months ago and absolutely love it.............don't miss much at all from UK except a decent curry on Ocean Road!

Hope everyone else is enjoying their new life as much as us
Marie, Darrin, Amy and Lauren
x
Old Oct 13th 2006, 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by fluffy1
Hi,

I am from South Shields, Tyne & Wear and Darrins from Stanley, Co Durham. Been living in australia 16 months now, Adelaide first 9 months and wasnt for us then moved to Upper Coomera on the Gold coast 7 months ago and absolutely love it.............don't miss much at all from UK except a decent curry on Ocean Road!

Hope everyone else is enjoying their new life as much as us
Marie, Darrin, Amy and Lauren
x
Have heard of a few families that head for Adelaide only stay a while and move on must be a strange place.

Yes you may struggle on the curry front. Can get a Birmingham curry at Spice Avenue Birkdale at Wellington Point way.
Old Oct 14th 2006, 12:51 am
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau
It's amazing how quick you get used to the heat and start to feel cold when it's 20 odd degrees.
I see you're at Pine Rivers, have you checked out the Dive Club at Lawnton (Blue Zone Scuba)?
J
Old Oct 14th 2006, 5:40 am

Originally Posted by matt-and-jenny
I see you're at Pine Rivers, have you checked out the Dive Club at Lawnton (Blue Zone Scuba)?
J
We've been going with Redcliffe Aqua Divers and have found them to be a reasonable bunch only down side is their rib needs more padding.
Old Oct 14th 2006, 6:09 am
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute

It will be the smog off ICI

it was bloody foggy yesterday!
Old Oct 14th 2006, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by lollyno1
it was bloody foggy yesterday!
Get that here sometimes but not the true pea soup sort.
Old Oct 14th 2006, 6:28 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi ..yes we are Northerners...Leeds West Yorks to be precise...and we are still Northerners in WA....we love being Northerners..so many of us here too
Old Oct 15th 2006, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

We've been going with Redcliffe Aqua Divers and have found them to be a reasonable bunch only down side is their rib needs more padding.
The bloke that owns Blue Zone - Bob - is from Brighouse, near Leeds. Probably comes on this site
Old Oct 15th 2006, 9:59 am
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute

oh its definately grim up north..i can pin point exactly where its the grimest...

my teenagers bedroom...OMG..thinks hes running a fast food outlet from there..!!!
Old Oct 17th 2006, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by cresta's conscience
I'm sure your right but didn't wanna set my sights to high, besides now I've got 2 diver's in the family I probably wont be able to afford to fill it anyway

Boys are back tonight so I guess he'll be giving you a call to let you know how they did.

Deb
The other half went into Petrie police station to report dog escaped and gone walkabout. Turns out the girl behind the counter is the same girl who used to work for Queensland Transport who sorted out the mess with my speeding fine. She came from Hetton a village 5 mile from where he used to live.
Old Oct 17th 2006, 3:11 pm
Paul, Louise, Laura & Amy

gajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant future
Smile Re: It's grim Up North... how many Northeners in Aus now?

It's grim Up North in the UK however, i'm finding it quite pleasant overall Up North in Aus...

so how many Northerners are in Aus now?

where have you settled?

and are you enjoying it?

I'm originally from Easington Village in Co. Durham on North East Coast of UK between Newcastle/Sunderland and Hartlepool (for those that don't know where that is).
I'm originally from the Wigan area, and agree about the grim up North in UK that is.

We have settled in North of Perth (Joondalup area) so still kinda oop North.

We've been here for 17 months and loving it. Got good job. And another little bairn on the way.

Paul
Old Oct 18th 2006, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by gajjitt
I'm originally from the Wigan area, and agree about the grim up North in UK that is.

We have settled in North of Perth (Joondalup area) so still kinda oop North.

We've been here for 17 months and loving it. Got good job. And another little bairn on the way.

Paul
Sounds like you are doing well and even though I was not a fan of the word bairn in UK I much prefer it to the babs and babber the Aussies seem to say.
Old Oct 26th 2006, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by nightnurse2
Yeah, she's arrived, saw a post of hers earlier!

BTW I'm from Middleton, Manchester, but paid our council tax to Rochdale and worked in Oldham!
Tracey
Just a quick update

Spoke to Tiawamutu (Ang from Sunderland) other day on phone:

she is doing well

has a flat to rent

furniture expected anytime

Hubby has job

has an interview lined up

Old Oct 26th 2006, 10:44 pm
Just Joined

TonyMc is a jewel in the roughTonyMc is a jewel in the roughTonyMc is a jewel in the roughTonyMc is a jewel in the rough

Born and bred in Easington Colliery and proud of it. Now living on Gold Coast and loving that too. And i thought it was grim up north if thats any help , but it is a beautiful place too . People from Easington are not monkey hangers and we have killed for less.

Tony

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.