Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

It's grim Down Under: Family who swapped Hull for life of luxury in Australia

It's grim Down Under: Family who swapped Hull for life of luxury in Australia

Old Jun 15th 2013, 2:49 am
Forum Regular

swans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud of
Default Re: It's grim Down Under: Family who swapped Hull for life of luxury in Australia

Originally Posted by swans
Google north of tyne ,some very good photos of the castle there.One day I'll have to get back for a bottle o broon ale.

geordie downunder
Disregard above,made a mess of it.

www.northoftyne.co.uk. Then click onto Bamburgh castle

GD/U
Old Jun 15th 2013, 3:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Mummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to all
Default Re: It's grim Down Under: Family who swapped Hull for life of luxury in Australia

We have just celebrated our first year, at first I thought a lot was expensive, but there are some things that are cheaper. My folks just arrived and we said don't judge it on the drive from the airport!!!
Loving it now, hey it's winter and we just sat outside for lunch!!!
Old Jun 15th 2013, 7:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
Its the Daily Mail,of course it is unbelievable.
As in the paper made it up or misquoted the family or what?

It's what families they reported on want to read about. And families above like to look down on them and tut, tut. And families above and below them think they are celebrities and want to emulate them.
Old Jun 15th 2013, 8:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Every time i go to melbourne i think about the poor people who live in the suburbs next to that freeway...... dont blame them really..... looks horrible.
Which way you coming in.... If your talking about down the Hume then 100pct agree... One of the worst gateways to a City I've ever seen, I've moaned about it heaps on these forums.. If your coming down the Tullamarine Freeway then not sure what you mean. Around Pascoe Vale/Strathmore/Essendon it's quite picturesque with the hills, green vistas and quite large houses.. beyond that area the views mostly stop as there are freeway walls and elevated freeway.

Problem with that is... The Hume is for people from Sydney and the Tulla from the Airport.

Around these exits at Bell St your looking at houses in excess of 700K for the most part.

It's about the clearest photos I could find... I'll try and take one myself tomo.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jun 15th 2013 at 8:40 am.
Old Jun 15th 2013, 11:06 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
We had a couple on here who went home before their container arrived, they got the shippers in Perth to turn it round and send it straight back. Don't remember anyone stopping theirs before it left the port though
Met a couple years back who moved out with their two children, one of whom was a 17 year old daughter. She didn't want to come and the only way she would was if they came out by boat. They'd arrived about three days earlier. Daughter decided she hated Aus so the whole family flew back again a few days later. Container hadn't arrived and all his work tools were in it so he couldn't even work when they got back. He was really upset but was obviously wrapped around his daughter's finger.
Old Jun 15th 2013, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

FPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud of

How the hell did they get a visa?
Old Jun 15th 2013, 2:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by swans
Fairly obvious why they went back,always wanted to live in the north east,a wise choice.

Beautiful beaches up the northumberland coast,great villages down the tyne valley.Wonderful Bamburgh castle right on the coast with the white/golden beach in front of it,cricket pitch behind it,and village pub over the road.

Seahouses golf course is a bit of a bugger, but,can't have everything.

Geordie downunder
I would guess that this couple could live in Newcastle and Bamburgh, Seahouses, Holy Island, Alnwick etc might as well be on Mars; and if they ventured there per chance they would say how cold is and hanker for Adelaide! It is a lovely part of the world; we spent a very enjoyable week at Alnmouth and visited all these places and more.
Old Jun 15th 2013, 2:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzzieE - the couple I mentioned had made their mind up by the time they were going past Essendon airport! To be fair they had grave doubts after getting visas and making the long trip etc and panicked whilst tired and jetlagged.
Old Jun 16th 2013, 2:37 am
Banned

Organicised is an unknown quantity at this point

Your average pom these days is pathetic. Harden up princess!
Old Jun 16th 2013, 2:50 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Organicised
Thanks for the generalisation there
Old Jun 16th 2013, 3:05 am
Wannabe PPP

With All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to all

Must bite lip! So much to say, but nothing constructive! Even harder to deal with as I would agree with your statement in as much I'd agree with it if it also includes the 'average' Aussie (and I'm both).

Gonna get back to the dregs of my bottle and pass out. Good night to those of you lucky enough to be living in Australia right now! I ain't arf jealous, and some people don't appreciate what they don't or can't have until they really can't have it (including us ping pongers!).

Last edited by With All Due Respect...; Jun 16th 2013 at 3:27 am. Reason: Semantics and alcohol
Old Jun 16th 2013, 3:20 am
Banned

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Thanks for the generalisation there
Any time
Old Jun 16th 2013, 4:40 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't that include you?
Old Jun 16th 2013, 5:21 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Grayling
Doesn't that include you?
These days means recent. So no
Old Jun 16th 2013, 5:52 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

These days means recent. So no
But you are very much a Pom aren't you?

Must be full of self loathing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.