Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Its great having Europe on your doorstep

Its great having Europe on your doorstep

Old May 14th 2003, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

Meridian is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Its great having Europe on your doorstep

I shall be spending the end of May bank holiday in Paris and spending a couple of weeks in Ligueria at the end of August and a week in Cornwall at the end of June. Spent the last May Day bank holiday in Aarhus (£28 flight including tax).

Its great to be back living in Europe. Nothing can compare.
Old May 14th 2003, 1:20 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Its great having Europe on your doorstep

Originally posted by Meridian
I shall be spending the end of May bank holiday in Paris and spending a couple of weeks in Ligueria at the end of August and a week in Cornwall at the end of June. Spent the last May Day bank holiday in Aarhus (£28 flight including tax).

Back from where, Meridian?

Cheers - Don
Old May 14th 2003, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

John Haines is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah,

Do us a favour, tell us where you came from and what the problem was?

Cheers

Johnno
Old May 14th 2003, 5:17 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Yes one of the things i will miss is easy access to different cultures. From the UK you can pop to Sweden for the weekend, switzerland the next.
Old May 14th 2003, 11:37 pm
Bilbo

Europe is all the same. Asia is much more diverse, interesting and has more culture and history.

Old May 14th 2003, 11:44 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Bilbo
Europe is all the same. Asia is much more diverse, interesting and has more culture and history.

Must agree I love open drains , food poisioning , beggers in the streets and temples , no I think Paris sounds a better bet .
Rome ,Paris ,London , Berlin to name a few capital cities in Europe are all the same compared to the rat holes in Asia , I had you wrong you are indeed a Aussie prat.

Old May 14th 2003, 11:56 pm
Bilbo

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Must agree I love open drains , food poisioning , beggers in the streets and temples , no I think Paris sounds a better bet .
Rome ,Paris ,London , Berlin to name a few capital cities in Europe are all the same compared to the rat holes in Asia , I had you wrong you are indeed a Aussie prat.

Indeed my Pommie Rat. Thanks for not infesting the good parts.

Old May 15th 2003, 12:16 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Bilbo
Indeed my Pommie Rat. Thanks for not infesting the good parts.
Well spent a couple of lovely holidays in wonderful Asia in so called 5 star hotels watching rats run around the bedroom , kept the windows shut the open drains are not to my taste but seem to suit you?

Old May 15th 2003, 1:06 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Well spent a couple of lovely holidays in wonderful Asia in so called 5 star hotels watching rats run around the bedroom , kept the windows shut the open drains are not to my taste but seem to suit you?
Yeah, and then the bloke in the room next door starts eating a Durien. (is that how you spell it, that Asian delicacy that stinks of shit) - they sell them in Woolworths here!
Old May 15th 2003, 1:09 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Right, and having about half your taxes spent on improving the Portuguese road system and paying off Spanish fishermen because there aren't any fish left in British waters because they have caught them all.
Old May 15th 2003, 1:15 am
Banned

Originally posted by renth
Right, and having about half your taxes spent on improving the Portuguese road system and paying off Spanish fishermen because there aren't any fish left in British waters because they have caught them all.
Have to dis-agree with this has there been chip shops shutting down all over the UK ? the fish sold here is crap compared to a good piece of cod or haddock.
I think the opening of Europe to all is a good thing a small Island needs friends on the main land , this big Island has few near its shores .
The freedom to live or work in the EU should not be underestimated , Australias market is in the far east and is very poor compared to the EU.

Old May 15th 2003, 1:18 am
(It's not my real name)

Have to dis-agree with this has there been chip shops shutting down all over the UK ? the fish sold here is crap compared to a good piece of cod or haddock.
I think the opening of Europe to all is a good thing a small Island needs friends on the main land , this big Island has few near its shores .
The freedom to live or work in the EU should not be underestimated , Australias market is in the far east and is very poor compared to the EU.

I was surprised about the fish and chips here, we were in Kalbarri and it wasn't very good. Jurien, the same.

Then we discovered the chippy in Ocean Reef, you ought to try it. It's the best fish and chips I've had anywhere in the world.
Old May 15th 2003, 1:24 am
Banned

Originally posted by renth
I was surprised about the fish and chips here, we were in Kalbarri and it wasn't very good. Jurien, the same.

Then we discovered the chippy in Ocean Reef, you ought to try it. It's the best fish and chips I've had anywhere in the world.
No tried that one but I have yet to eat a good chip supper here, the chips are frozen and cooked to order and the fish is poor compared to a haddock.
Give me greasy warm chips cooked in fat not oil and fish that has taste in a thick batter , and god willing a steak and kidney pie.

Old May 15th 2003, 1:48 am
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Must agree I love open drains , food poisioning , beggers in the streets
Ahhh you must mean Manchester. !!
Old May 15th 2003, 1:56 am
Banned

Originally posted by karawara88
Ahhh you must mean Manchester. !!
Many died from SARS , Malaria or any number of minor ailments found in Asia?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.