British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   And its goodbye from me................ (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/its-goodbye-me-230635/)

Dicko May 14th 2004 4:18 pm

And its goodbye from me................

for now anyway:)

We are heading out to Brisbane, for our holiday tomorrow.
I cant wait for that 24 hour journey with 3 young children :( any ideas anyone, on how to pass the time away?

But I am sure you will all agree it will be worth it.

Anyway I will report our findings as soon as we get back.

Bye for now.

Gold coast here we come!! :D :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :D

P.S. Its amazing how far people will go, to avoid the embarassment of their beloved team finishing 4th from Bottom! :D

scutterUK May 14th 2004 4:19 pm

Re: And its goodbye from me................

Originally posted by Dicko

I cant wait for that 24 hour journey with 3 young children :( any ideas anyone, on how to pass the time away?

Bye for now.

don't forget... lots of pictures. ;)

have a safe trip. :)

loose May 14th 2004 4:19 pm

Good luck, hope you have a great time.

Remember, we like pictures on here!!! :D

Have a good 'un.

Timber Floor Au May 14th 2004 5:11 pm

Bye for now.

P.S. Its amazing how far people will go, to avoid the embarassment of their beloved team finishing 4th from Bottom! :D

Passing time is easy, SLEEP AND MORE SLEEP eat and eat and sleep and then watch a film, kids can play games on the headrest consoles

We always sleep as much as we can, feel fresh when we arrive and no jetlag:)

robinvanboxel May 14th 2004 5:55 pm

Bye for now.

Hope you have a fab time, we flew to brisbane at xmas with our 2 year old and five year old. I invested in a bottle of phenergen from the chemist, as my oldest usually throws up, the added bonus was that it had sedative qualities!! I must admit we thought it would be a nightmare but it was much easier than we thought. We did pre-order kids meals in advance, bought them both a little backpack, and then when we got to the airport we let them buy some little toys with spending money from grandma and grandpa, the novelty factor kept them entertained for about OHH 2 hrs!! but it will be well worth it when you get there and feel the sunshine on your back!!

nosuchluck May 14th 2004 6:40 pm

P.S. Its amazing how far people will go, to avoid the embarassment of their beloved team finishing 4th from Bottom! : [/QUOTE]

:D

have a great time, can't wait to hear all your news
rach, mark and chanelle x

Billabong May 14th 2004 8:57 pm

Drugs for the kids is a good option LOL:D

Have a safe trip, a great hol and let us know how it all went when you get back.

sky May 15th 2004 5:15 am

the flight was bad for us with 3 kids and we were migrating for good I couldnt imagine doing it for a holiday. Our doctor prescribed phenigan (spelling?) for our 4yr old as he is very hyperactive but we tried it out prior to our flight and it just made him worse :scared: Have a good fact finding holiday :)