Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

It's good bye from him!

It's good bye from him!

Old Mar 31st 2005, 3:29 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all
Default Re: It's good bye from him!

Originally Posted by Jim2004
I'm looking!!
Well get your ass down to Earls Court then and pick up an Aussie!
Old Mar 31st 2005, 3:40 am
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Stormz
Why Earls Court? if it's cos there is a lot of them there? ....... they are everywhere in London! ...lol
Old Mar 31st 2005, 5:03 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by sme
Get some one to marry you

Still ain't a concrete guarantee..

Sorry to hear that though Jim, read your other post, hope it all works out for you.
Old Mar 31st 2005, 6:08 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

hi jim,
have you looked at the business route? if you have a fair bit of capital to invest, you could perhaps consider that route? rog williams put up a post yesterday offering a business for sale

you could always retrain as a nurse

sue
Old Mar 31st 2005, 7:13 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm looking!!
If you have a daughter of an old enough age I could have a go at persuading my bruv to marry her...?

Then you & Mrs Jim2004 could apply on the dependant parents visa! LOL

Seriously though, have you got anymore ideas... the Business Visa one is a good one!
Old Mar 31st 2005, 7:33 am
Here at last

Location: Now here in sunny Sandy Beach, near Coffs Harbour, N.S.W.)
TheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really nice

Why Earls Court? if it's cos there is a lot of them there? ....... they are everywhere in London! ...lol
Get yourself down to the London Pub down the road from Euston Station. That place is full of Aussie's (mainly backpackers/students), you never know someone may take up the offer of marriage so you can get your spouse visa (I read somewhere that someone got one in 9 days )

Best of luck mate. Karma on it's way.
Old Mar 31st 2005, 8:53 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stormz
I didn't think it was Aussies you picked up in Earls Court
Gillian
Old Mar 31st 2005, 1:31 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sme
I didn't think it was Aussies you picked up in Earls Court
Gillian
LOL

Ok, well I've had deep discussions with the missus and she aint too happy bout the 'marry an Aussie' route ...lol

I'm still looking into the Mechanic, but another member on here has ALWAYS said to me to look for something which didn't need those blasted TRA to get thru, and am now thinking very hard about this:

http://study.une.edu.au/course.php3?id=60&p=

but seriously, I WILL turn my hand to anything, give anything a shot!

IF, and 'if' being the most popular word in the Jim2004 vocabulary of recent, I did and qualified, I can nominate several occupations inc Accountant at 60 points, + on the MODL, but we all know MODL is simply a bonus if it's there when you actually apply, so won't be counting on it.

Still tons of thinking / researching / questioning / can I do it? thoughts / and all the rest going round in my head as I type this, and I must admit I do wonder am I STILL

LOL

Maybe! - but it's NOT giving in yet is it
Old Mar 31st 2005, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

Kevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really nice

Still tons of thinking / researching / questioning / can I do it? thoughts / and all the rest going round in my head as I type this, and I must admit I do wonder am I STILL

LOL

Maybe! - but it's NOT giving in yet is it

Good luck Jim, we are all behind you

Hazel & Kev
Old Apr 1st 2005, 8:21 pm
Account Closed

For fear of sounding like I am repeating myself, I'm back with my towel and literally about to throw it for the final time.

Case closed, we tried!

Basically I'm awaiting a few replies from colleges in Oz to see if this work experience to satisfy the TRA (re Mechanic route) WILL be as hard as most ppl seem to think, hence killing off that possibility, and the idea of doing a Degree, well I think i'm being plain stupid there!

Ok, if you get the qualification, as we speak it 'auto qualifies' you in the satisfying the relevant assessing dept, but I just don't have a clue really with this Degree and am back to 'Clutching at Straws' really.

My partner asked me earlier a serious question, "do you think it's time to throw in the towel?"

I fear the answer is probably yes

Getting into Oz as we all know is very hard, but getting there via study is as near as impossible, well for me anyway!

I WILL throw a few final words on this post once I am 100%, but I'm pretty sure now it WAS always just a dream, nothing more!

James Wilson
Old Apr 1st 2005, 8:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

sorry to hear that jim,sincerely wish you all the best and hope a wee miracle happens for you to fullfil your dreams

Trish
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 4:16 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jimtrish
sorry to hear that jim,sincerely wish you all the best and hope a wee miracle happens for you to fullfil your dreams

Trish
You and me both!

Thanks Trish
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 1:53 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

For fear of sounding like I am repeating myself, I'm back with my towel and literally about to throw it for the final time.

Case closed, we tried!

Basically I'm awaiting a few replies from colleges in Oz to see if this work experience to satisfy the TRA (re Mechanic route) WILL be as hard as most ppl seem to think, hence killing off that possibility, and the idea of doing a Degree, well I think i'm being plain stupid there!

Ok, if you get the qualification, as we speak it 'auto qualifies' you in the satisfying the relevant assessing dept, but I just don't have a clue really with this Degree and am back to 'Clutching at Straws' really.

My partner asked me earlier a serious question, "do you think it's time to throw in the towel?"

I fear the answer is probably yes

Getting into Oz as we all know is very hard, but getting there via study is as near as impossible, well for me anyway!

I WILL throw a few final words on this post once I am 100%, but I'm pretty sure now it WAS always just a dream, nothing more!

James Wilson
Jim

Have you condisered the "setting up a business" route?
With the money from your house sale you may have enough?
If not, it has been a pleasure knowing you & you MUST keep in touch with us......... once we get to Australia our spare room will always be there fo you guys...... that may be the only way we have to get that BBQ! LOL

Love,

Claire, Steve & Jonah
x
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 3:59 pm
Account Closed

I'm starting to feel embarrassed now coming back to this post as I seem to be in a different situation, and certainly mood too each time

I seem to get to the point where I think it's all over, THEN find there is another way or something I thought isn't actually so, and can go on with it all for now

Soooooo, current state of play is I've spoke to my friend who is doing the Degree in Oz and he said not to give in on that one without at least giving it a bit more thought, effort, research etc. What it takes to pass Degree's is persistence and all that, NOT intelligence, so there is hope! ...lol. Ok, I could find that NO qualifications will stop me, but again I've heard you can get into these courses without. I should hopefully hear from a Uni or two soon and will know then.

It's quite hard at home at the mo as my partner is going thru a rough patch, and with me up and down all the time (ooo err!! ...lol) there's points where we're both just so negative it's getting quite easy to think about giving in.

I've woke today to some reassuring emails from the friend and have done a little research about Accounting and the Assessing board and stuff, so am picking up little bits of info here and there, which in turn is making it a 'little' more understandable

Sooooooo altho I feel real stupid keep coming to Expat and posting that it's all over, and then the next, oh no, it's back on! ...lol, I think there is a few ppl that have pm'd me wishing me luck and have said to keep them informed, so will continue to post
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 4:06 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
Jim

Have you condisered the "setting up a business" route?
With the money from your house sale you may have enough?
If not, it has been a pleasure knowing you & you MUST keep in touch with us......... once we get to Australia our spare room will always be there fo you guys...... that may be the only way we have to get that BBQ! LOL

Love,

Claire, Steve & Jonah
x
I've not really thought about it as thought you needed £250k + or some figure like that ?!?

I was gonna say how it's sposed to be very risky too, but that's no diff from anything else we seem to come up with ...lol

Oh and thnx Claire, that's a nice thing to say

Hopefully tho it may one day be a possibility instead of a dream, albeit a 2 - 300 mile journey from one to the other (if we go to the Uni in NSW), but deffo better than from here to Aus

Keep that car topped up with fuel!! altho I'm sure if we DO get over, we'll be up to the Gold Coast and beyond to see Sea World and all that so will pop by then with me chicken legs & burgers! ...lol

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.